GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Testing phase isn't just testing, its test, bugfix, retest, fix new bug, test again etc over and over and yes it can take months

Also, any update on apps? Its unbelievable that you need 6 or more months mobile app. I know you always say it is in testing phase, but testing phase does not last for months.

Unless you are an app developer, you can't really make comment on how long it will take to build a app. I can see a app like this will take plenty of time to develop.

Testing phase isn't just testing, its test, bugfix, retest, fix new bug, test again etc over and over and yes it can take months

True, I am a web developer and when people that have no idea about developer complain it taking to long really annoy me.

HRTrulz, I am senior developer with 15 years of experience, that now works as the project manager, so stop giving me lessons please.

I am aware how much time is needed for app development and I also know that 6 or more months is long time period.

@gitup: Is the remote wrist watch waterproof?

Yes is waterproof, was tested by some user in a small pool for a short period.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thanks! What is the resolution of these video snapshots?
They are at video resolution, but saved as jpeg images.

Also, any update on apps? Its unbelievable that you need 6 or more months mobile app. I know you always say it is in testing phase, but testing phase does not last for months.
There is no point releasing an app until it is better than the alternatives like Finalcam, otherwise people will be disappointed and few people will use it.

I think the main problem may be that Gitup are camera experts, not mobile phone app experts, so producing a really good app is going to be a challenge. Better to give the job to a mobile phone app expert, but then you are dependent on them to deliver what they promise, which doesn't always happen with this sort of thing.

Have any of the camera makers managed to produce a decent app for my Windows Phone yet? Or any app at all for my Windows Phone yet?

@Nigel I think nothing will save Windows phones.

Using Finalcam and other similar apps have a big issue with Android devices running Lollipop and Marshmallow. Google implemented a feature that tests if the wifi network has a internet connection (by seeing if they can connect to Google servers), if not it will route the data through the mobile network.

I have a Nexus 6P and when I try to use Finalcam it won't connect until disabled mobile data, I know about this and can get around it but most normal people won't understand and complain it won't work.

Unless there's a dramatic shift in the market I can't see anyone doing a Windows phone app, too small of a user base to justify the expense
If it was just a matter of ticking the "Windows Phone Device" target as well as "Android Device" and "IOS Device" in you Mobile App development software before pressing build then it would not be a huge expense, instead it would be stupid to leave out millions of people. And for basic apps, that is all that should be required. Of course reality isn't always sensible.

Using Finalcam and other similar apps have a big issue with Android devices running Lollipop and Marshmallow. Google implemented a feature that tests if the wifi network has a internet connection (by seeing if they can connect to Google servers), if not it will route the data through the mobile network.

I have a Nexus 6P and when I try to use Finalcam it won't connect until disabled mobile data, I know about this and can get around it but most normal people won't understand and complain it won't work.
That demonstrates why it can take a lot of time to develop a good, working, reliable app that is not going to cause you more problems than it solves!

Yes is waterproof, was tested by some user in a small pool for a short period.

enjoy,
Mtz
Thanks for the tip. Pool is what I had in mind.

However, @gitup should answer as well, just to know exact limits.

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, my first post here.

I received my Git2 cam a few days ago. On Saturday I took it to our small family trip and I am very pleased with the resulting stabilized video. I will be using it on my quads, too, and underwater during summer holidays. Very happy with its versatility, functionality/features, build and video quality for the price.

That said, I would like to kindly ask Gitup a few questions/make a few requests:
1. My waterproof case came with a crack in the black piece of the lens enclosure (see pic). Probably caused by over tightening the screw during manufacturing. IMG_2582.JPG Will this affect the depth that I will be able to get to with the cam? Should I ask Gearbest for replacement of the case? Or possibly directly Gitup?
2. I also noticed the warm pixels and how they can really ruin especially indoor videos. I am eagerly waiting for the new firmware and the solution it should bring that'll supposedly fix this issue.
3. Gitup, please also make the 240 fps mode working properly. The comparison video with Yi camera on the previous page was taken at pretty good lighting conditions but still the Git2 didn't produce true 240 fps video...
4. Please release the mobile app soon.

I'd like to recommend the camera to some friends of mine but I can't yet - at least not with a true peace of mind - until the above mentioned stuff is taken care of. At least I am telling them now, that Gitup seems to have great customer service - probably the best out of the wealth of Chinese sports camera manufacturers.

Last question: I think (please correct me if I'm wrong) user Gitup mentioned in some earlier conversation that they will be developing another camera (or maybe more cameras) with different form factor.

Gitup, can you please shed more light on this as of yet? Do you plan to produce something like Mobius/Runcam(2)/Foxeer Legend/JooVuu X Cam? For my smaller quads, I would really like to see something like that (but better, of course :p). Or is it something completely different that you have in mind?

Last edited:
I don't think @gitup will post on a forum his future idea. I am sure already some chinese manufacturers are close following him to use some ideas, hardware, for example like SJCam did with some new options in their recent firmwares. But I hope the other manufacturers to steal first the GitUp honesty and stop releasing cameras with fake specifications and then to steal ideas. More cameras with great features, better for us, I personally don't care if somebody else is using some other ideas, important is for me that my desired features to exists in my camera.

I think the best for us is that forum users to offer some ideas maybe he is not thinking yet what shape to have the future camera. For the moment the GoPro size made him a winner.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:

that never occcured to me as to why some camera apps were not working on my phone. i figured it was because i was running cyanogenmod, not because it was android 5.1. i'll have to try that.

as for their development cycle - last i heard, they fired the previous devs and hired a new team because they either were slacking off or just doing a bad job.

Hi,

Juste a question for MTZ. I have dl your original file of this video :

the quality seem no really good.

I see that this file is 3.3mo/sec, it is compressed ?

Because in this post, we says aprox 25mo/sec in 1080/60. I don't undestand... :(

(sorry for my english...)

Last edited:
Can someone tell me why everyone has to use Novatek 96660 chipset? Is there no other chipset that can do true UHD 4k in a .mov file format? What am I missing?

-Nate

Hi!!

I received my Git2 15 days ago from GB.
Since then I have been testing and more testing, unfortunately there have not been many sunny days to use the camera as much as I would have liked.
I'm pretty happy with it, especially in good light conditions. I have used especially with a 3-axis Gimbal, which in combination with the camera at 60 fps makes very smooth videos with very realistic colours.

It has important features (to me) that works well, like Gyro (better than I expected) or the quick access button with different options to choose. But it also has many other features that work well too and give more control over the video (or photo) than other similar cameras.

I've put a hero 3+ protective lens and fits perfect.

So, I am delighted with the purchase of this camera. But I'm still learning how to use it... :)

2w2imfn.jpg

augh05.jpg

How does that lens cover fit? Pros/cons to using it?

Back