GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

@gitup it would be interesting that the lights remain on in the remote control to select a function. When the cam is not visible you never know if is recording. You can fail to press the button and not know
The remote control use the 2.4G wireless, it is unidirectional communication, so it does not know if it is recording.
In next firmware, the camera will support a quick remote control mode, press the video button on RC will start the recording immediately, and press again will not stop the recording. So you need not worry the recording is not started.

Can someone tell me why everyone has to use Novatek 96660 chipset? Is there no other chipset that can do true UHD 4k in a .mov file format? What am I missing?

-Nate
Not too many 4K chipset, for novatek, their 4K chipset is not released.
Currently the popular one is Ambarella A9 chipset, heard that A12 also support 4K, but will take much more time to support that.
I thought in 2016 there will be budget 4K camera coming out.

Gitup, can you please shed more light on this as of yet? Do you plan to produce something like Mobius/Runcam(2)/Foxeer Legend/JooVuu X Cam? For my smaller quads, I would really like to see something like that (but better, of course :p). Or is it something completely different that you have in mind?
I will send a PM to you.

Currently the popular one is Ambarella A9 chipset, heard that A12 also support 4K, but will take much more time to support that.

if you want 4K need to look at other chipsets, GoPro control what features are released to others by Ambarella

Can you gix battery indicator issue in the next firmware?

Also, any update on apps? Its unbelievable that you need 6 or more months mobile app. I know you always say it is in testing phase, but testing phase does not last for months.
Actually say, we made something wrong for developing app before, we are not satisfied with previous version, and have a new develop team.
We will try our best to release it soon.

Reactions: Mtz
Hi all

I have finally get hold of Git2 and joining you guys as a proud owner of this amazing action camera. Have an issue which like to clarify.

Is it normal that the under camera's play mode, the video cannot be playback. I pressed the shutter button and nothing happen.
To playback the video, do you press the menu button on playback page?
play.png

Reactions: Mtz
The remote control use the 2.4G wireless, it is unidirectional communication, so it does not know if it is recording.
In next firmware, the camera will support a quick remote control mode, press the video button on RC will start the recording immediately, and press again will not stop the recording. So you need not worry the recording is not started.

That would be very useful!

Actually say, we made something wrong for developing app before, we are not satisfied with previous version, and have a new develop team.
We will try our best to release it soon.

Don't take me wrong, you had enough time to develop apps since Git1 is released. The thing is when my brother saw Google play and app store icons he asked me if git2 has apps, but I said no, you are using 3rd party apps. That is bad thing.

What about battery issue? Its not normal to have indicator showing almost empty battery after 10 mins and then being able to record 30+ mins.

I have ordered 2 more Git2 from GB. Overall its great camera considering the price and REAL support.

How does that lens cover fit? Pros/cons to using it?

It fits better than I expected. It has never moved from site nor dropped down. I didn't need tape.

I use it to protect the lens, because I know I'm going to use so much the camera without case. So far I have not find any problem to use the lens.

Now, I'm trying to learn whether a filter (CPL, ND...) could be a good choice. What diameter be better? I have seen many 37mm filters in which the image vignetting, and that's not interesting. But a 52mm filter, it may be too large and somewhat heavier and if it does not fit perfectly with the camera lens it can be dropped...

Greetings and sorry for my English!

Now, I'm trying to learn whether a filter (CPL, ND...) could be a good choice. What diameter be better? I have seen many 37mm filters in which the image vignetting, and that's not interesting. But a 52mm filter, it may be too large and somewhat heavier and if it does not fit perfectly with the camera lens it can be dropped...
52mm is a good size for the Git2.

A CPL is good for removing reflections when used as a dashcam. For other uses it has limited effect due to the wide FOV on the Git2.
Not much need for a ND filter if you use 60fps, for slower rates it could be useful.

What do you need CPL for? Even on my photocamera which doesn't have such wide angle sometimes i have problems with light.
CPL effect depends of the angle of light rays and for action cam wide angle lens its influence will be very irregular. CPL works perfect for photo cameras when I can rotate it before each frame to have the best result, but for fast moving action cam it is not very predictable.
If you need filter only to protect camera lens the best choice for you will be UV filter - it doesn't impact picture. ND filter is for very bright light (for example for sunny day and snow). CPL in my opinion has very limited usage for action cam.

Thank you very much for the aclarations.

I understand that CPL filter is not for use that I'm going to give the camera.

For ski practice, for example, as you say, ND filter could be a good option...

seems to me the git2 does just fine in full auto mode with no filters - i only had the waterproof case on it while snowskiing this Christmas.

vlcsnap-2016-01-26-09h26m37s235.jpeg vlcsnap-2016-01-26-09h25m23s250.jpeg vlcsnap-2016-01-26-09h26m37s152.jpeg

the only problem i had in the snow is that snow would get into the button shields on the waterproof case and make it REALLY hard to press the buttons. i was very glad that i could press the buttons without taking off my gloves though, so that was nice.

seems to me the git2 does just fine in full auto mode with no filters - i only had the waterproof case on it while snowskiing this Christmas.

Nice photos. Looks quite well but I hope, manufacturer will improve the firmware to make them even better. There are some problems with sky (bricks) and now the sharpening is very strong at Normal level

the only problem i had in the snow is that snow would get into the button shields on the waterproof case and make it REALLY hard to press the buttons. i was very glad that i could press the buttons without taking off my gloves though, so that was nice.

Try to use remote - it has enough big buttons which a comfortable for using in gloves

Hi,

Juste a question for MTZ. I have dl your original file of this video :

the quality seem no really good.

I see that this file is 3.3mo/sec, it is compressed ?

Because in this post, we says aprox 25mo/sec in 1080/60. I don't undestand... :(

(sorry for my english...)

Look for the info of that file:
Complete name : C:\GitUp\1080p 60fps Gyro On bike test 2015_1103_125103_104.MP4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Base Media / Version 2
Codec ID : mp42
File size : 310 MiB
Duration : 1mn 32s
Overall bit rate mode : Variable
Overall bit rate : 28.1 Mbps
Movie name/More : DEMO1
Encoded date : UTC 2015-11-03 12:52:35
Tagged date : UTC 2015-11-03 12:52:35
Origin : NOVATEK

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L5.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Format settings, GOP : M=1, N=15
Codec ID : avc1
Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
Duration : 1mn 32s
Bit rate : 27.9 Mbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 60.000 fps

I think you downloaded the Youtube video, not the original video from MEGA link.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thats a great spoiler
Overall bit rate: 28.1 Mbps
Bit rate: 27.9 Mbps

The road to hell. Taken before trying to fly my small quad with the Git2. Sun, no wind, road of ice, dazzling snow all around and a chilly -17 degrees C. The test didn't go as planed :D

Hello everyone.

I received a Git2 camera at the beginning of January. I barely had time to test it till now and now that I do I've come to a big dissappointment.

The videos look grainy and even blurry. At first I thought it was a matter of recording on interior, even if it was well iluminated. However the results are still the same on exterior with the morning and afternoon light.

The settings where:
1080 60fps 2K and 720 120fps
Automatic White Balance
Gyro, both, On and Off
WDR both, On and Off
ISO Auto
Color: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
Wide angle

Even my Mobius Cam or an SJ4000 has done better on those conditions.
I hope this is just a fixable issue with my camera.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks for your time

Miguel

Thanks for the tip. Pool is what I had in mind.

However, @gitup should answer as well, just to know exact limits.

They stated 10M in their FAQ.
Hello everyone.

I received a Git2 camera at the beginning of January. I barely had time to test it till now and now that I do I've come to a big dissappointment.

The videos look grainy and even blurry. At first I thought it was a matter of recording on interior, even if it was well iluminated. However the results are still the same on exterior with the morning and afternoon light.

The settings where:
1080 60fps 2K and 720 120fps
Automatic White Balance
Gyro, both, On and Off
WDR both, On and Off
ISO Auto
Color: Normal
Sharpness: Normal
Wide angle

Even my Mobius Cam or an SJ4000 has done better on those conditions.
I hope this is just a fixable issue with my camera.

What do you think I should do?

Thanks for your time

Miguel

Can you post a video on YouTube about it ? Just for the sake of seeing your results.

Back