GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

You can be more technical...no more LEGO :D
Unless you are using the Lego Technical GoPro Mount:

Mindstorms21.png

The new lock video file option for the menu button press is also very nice to have if you use it as a dashcam or bikecam:)

I don't think the list is complete yet though, we didn't know about the new remote shutter release until a couple of days ago.

I think the biggest improvement is the image quality with the high bitrate mode, no more blocks in the sky.

when released the new firmware?

when released the new firmware?
When it is ready, and tested to a reasonable standard.

It must be nearly ready, but the things that have only just been added need a bit of testing as there must be quite a lot of Git2 owners by now which would mean quite a lot of problems if there was something wrong.

Here some shoots did the past week in Val Thorens France

Config :
Beta Firmware 1.4
Gyro on
Rate High
Exposure : +1Il

Firstly, great sunny conditions man!

Are you sure you have the gyro enabled in the first video? I ask because I'm on v1.3 firmware, and I used my GoPole in Austria a few weeks ago, and my GoPole moves considerably in and out of frame when the gyro is on. The only explanation I have is the gyro is working hard to keep the rest of the frame steady. I noticed in your first video that your pole is completely static and not moving at all. Just an observation, I'll try to post a video tonight to show you what I mean. Unfortunately did not take any footage with gyro disabled.

Does any one have an inkling whether fw 1.4 will add LCD invert mode? I would like to see an WiFi app that changes all modes like my Yi's with gitup's name before I buy!

Does any one have an inkling whether fw 1.4 will add LCD invert mode? I would like to see an WiFi app that changes all modes like my Yi's with gitup's name before I buy!

The Sony IMX206 SDK doesn't have an image rotation feature implemented, thus a chip set producer (Novatek) can not use this function. I don't know if GitUp will be able to apply some magic and push Sony to revise the features....only time will tell if this will become available.

Unlike your Yi, the Git2 has an app with all the settings available built into the camera and displayed on it's built in LCD screen, and it doesn't use up the battery power by sending it out as radio waves to anything and everything that is listening!

Are you sure that the current lack of a dedicated app is enough to stop you buying?

Unlike your Yi, the Git2 has an app with all the settings available built into the camera and displayed on it's built in LCD screen, and it doesn't use up the battery power by sending it out as radio waves to anything and everything that is listening!

Are you sure that the current lack of a dedicated app is enough to stop you buying?
No! Does that mean that I can remotely change the modes using my Android tablet?

I never use text overlays and you can never remove them by editing, but you can always add them with software. Also the GitUp open frame makes it easy to rotate the camera, and the myriad of GoPro accessories make it easy to get the position and the needed orientation.

The Sony IMX206 SDK doesn't have an image rotation feature implemented, thus a chip set producer (Novatek) can not use this function. I don't know if GitUp will be able to apply some magic and push Sony to revise the features....only time will teell if ts will become available.
I have been under the impression that the Yi and Git 2 used the same sensor. So the image inversion is the function of the Amberella cpu?

The Sony IMX206 SDK doesn't have an image rotation feature implemented, thus a chip set producer (Novatek) can not use this function. I don't know if GitUp will be able to apply some magic and push Sony to revise the features....only time will tell if this will become available.
Xiaomi Yi uses the same Sony's sensor but has image rotation feature. So is it a feature of sensor, or of chipset?

Xiaomi Yi uses the same Sony's sensor but has image rotation feature. So is it a feature of sensor, or of chipset?
Maybe the Ambarella chipset has a software way of rotating the image from the sensor, or marking it as reversed.

Maybe the Ambarella chipset has a software way of rotating the image from the sensor, or marking it as reversed.
Yes, the sony sensor does not support that, but Ambarella chipset support it, so it revert by the chipset.

Back