GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

I do appreciate that how great the gitup2 is and that they do keep fixing bugs and making the firmware better, there is not anything in the hardware
to fix that I can think of, the camera is solid, lots of accessories, and because it is more or less the same as a gopro, a lot of accessories will work
of with some modification you can use them.

The only thing they missed out on, for me is that they could have had a standard tripod mount on the bottom and top, yes you can remove the camera and flip
it around, but it would still have been a nice touch, just like with the SJCAM M10+ cradle, but it is not that big of a deal.

Of course some more added features in the firmware could be a nice touch to, like having the option to save the current clip, when recording as a dashcam,
a nice feature. And perhaps some more options for display of audio levels when using external microphone. But as a actioncam, I would say the gitup2 is
real solid, way better than gopro, the price is nice to. At least a lot of users prefer good quality, and a nice price, compared to gopro.

Hmm, wonder if there will be a new actioncam in the future, gitup3 ?

Are they working on it ? Any way you could input ideers for it here in a thread ?

Of course some more added features in the firmware could be a nice touch to, like having the option to save the current clip, when recording as a dashcam,
a nice feature. And perhaps some more options for display of audio levels when using external microphone. But as a actioncam, I would say the gitup2 is
real solid, way better than gopro, the price is nice to. At least a lot of users prefer good quality, and a nice price, compared to gopro.

Are they working on it ? Any way you could input ideers for it here in a thread ?

That feature is implemented in V.1.4.

Regarding Git3 I think they are so busy with actual firmware development which is also for Git1 which will have IP camera features soon and then the Git2.
Another thing I consider is that actually the available chipsets are not so prepared for a quality 4K image and I expect GitUp to not release some fake 4K camera like unknown brands are doing now just to sell some units.

Now are times just to wait a little and after greatest new ideas of GitUp to release a GoPro sized camera and with a real Gyro feature people will expect new ideas from them.
After GitUp, I think others are creating GoPro sized cameras and others are offering Gyro even their it is good only on specs.
It is difficult to come with something new and when I see big brands releasing new products with nothing new or even poor ideas compared to some unknown chinese products, I feel disappointed.

enjoy,
Mtz

Regarding Git3 I think they are so busy with actual firmware development which is also for Git1 which will have IP camera features soon and then the Git2.
Another thing I consider is that actually the available chipsets are not so prepared for a quality 4K image and I expect GitUp to not release some fake 4K camera like unknown brands are doing now just to sell some units.

Now are times just to wait a little and after greatest new ideas of GitUp to release a GoPro sized camera and with a real Gyro feature people will expect new ideas from them.
After GitUp, I think others are creating GoPro sized cameras and others are offering Gyro even their it is good only on specs.
It is difficult to come with something new and when I see big brands releasing new products with nothing new or even poor ideas compared to some unknown chinese products, I feel disappointed.

enjoy,
Mtz
As with the new Ricoh native 4k action cam waterproof without the case for 2 hours at 60 feet, is lacking many features of the Git 2!

I do appreciate that how great the gitup2 is and that they do keep fixing bugs and making the firmware better, there is not anything in the hardware
to fix that I can think of, the camera is solid, lots of accessories, and because it is more or less the same as a gopro, a lot of accessories will work
of with some modification you can use them.

The only thing they missed out on, for me is that they could have had a standard tripod mount on the bottom and top, yes you can remove the camera and flip
it around, but it would still have been a nice touch, just like with the SJCAM M10+ cradle, but it is not that big of a deal.

A 1/4x 20 tripod thread would have required changing a dimension and the Gopro watetproof case would no longer fit!

Yeah, I agree, I guess Gitup3 is far way in the future. The main reason for a upgrade in the future for Gitup3, would be 4K and h265 (hevc), but as for
now this is just to much, the chips are expensive, and I think that even the gopro that has 4k did not sell that well. Another problem is to get good
quality video.

It is just not enough to have 4k or even do 1080p if the quality is bad, just look at DSLR where even cameras with APS-C sensors produce bad video
or have lots of problem. You need to have have a good product from start to finish. I think people do enjoy a more "over all" solid action camera, and that
is where the Gitup2 is so great.

I also depends on cost, if it was possible to get a cheap and good enough sensor that does 4k, chipset that can do 25fps 30ftp and you can select h264 or h265 and the price is 300 USD
or less for the camera, I think that would sell well, there are those who want that 4k. But if it is more expensive than that, I doubt it will be a good product and will not sell well.

TwoBlues, it was my fault not writing clearly. I was talking about a standard tripod mount on the top and bottom, for the cages mounting, the same as they have on the SJCAM M10+

Not a tripod mounting on the gitup2 camera it self, as is, but on the "cage" you put the camera in, they only have one standard mounting screw, yes you can take
the camera out and flip it and insert it. It would just be more convenient to have it on both the top and bottom so you could not have to remove the camera
depending on what you want to use it for. But it is not a big deal breaker, someone else said it was not hard to flip the camera over anyway.

The main reason would be combo use, when you use it in a car most of the time you have it mounted from the windscreen with a suction cup but when you
use it outside filming stuff you want to use it with say, gimbal or steadycam thing, if you have that, mounting it then often done from bottom.

But as I said not that important anyway, it works well as is.

Yeah, I agree, I guess Gitup3 is far way in the future. The main reason for a upgrade in the future for Gitup3, would be 4K and h265 (hevc), but as for
now this is just to much, the chips are expensive, and I think that even the gopro that has 4k did not sell that well. Another problem is to get good
quality video.

It is just not enough to have 4k or even do 1080p if the quality is bad, just look at DSLR where even cameras with APS-C sensors produce bad video
or have lots of problem. You need to have have a good product from start to finish. I think people do enjoy a more "over all" solid action camera, and that
My actual signature is also about what you wrote. Poor chinese companies writing a big 4K on the front case just to sell by cheating the buyers. I said many times that a resolution is not the same thing as the expected quality of that resolution. When I will buy a 4K camera I will expect a 4K quality not some poor interpolated image which have the 4K resolution. In time more people will think as me and will make some search before buying a 4K camera, but right now I am asking myself: can I trust a tomorrow released real 4K camera which will cost about $200? First I will look for a bigger sensor inside it because for me is hard to understand that from a small sensor you can obtain so much information to obtain a quality 4K image. And if sensor will be bigger I expect the camera size to not fit actual GoPro/GitUp sizes, so will Git3 keep actual size?

enjoy,
Mtz

quality video.

I also depends on cost, if it was possible to get a cheap and good enough sensor that does 4k, chipset that can do 25fps 30ftp and you can select h264 or h265 and the price is 300 USD
or less for the camera, I think that would sell well, there are those who want that 4k. But if it is more expensive than that, I doubt it will be a good product and will not sell well.

TwoBlues, it was my fault not writing clearly. I was talking about a standard tripod mount on the top and bottom, for the cages mounting, the same as they have on the SJCAM M10+

Not a tripod mounting on the gitup2 camera it self, as is, but on the "cage" you put the camera in, they only have one standard mounting screw, yes you can take
the camera out and flip it and insert it. It would just be more convenient to have it on both the top and bottom so you could not have to remove the camera
depending on what you want to use it for. But it is not a big deal breaker, someone else said it was not hard to flip the camera over anyway.

The main reason would be combo use, when you use it in a car most of the time you have it mounted from the windscreen with a suction cup but when you
use it outside filming stuff you want to use it with say, gimbal or steadycam thing, if you have that, mounting it then often done from bottom.

I agree! In spades!

quality video.

This cam ,Git 2 will be perfect for my underwater video because fitting the 40 meter gopro case I will be able to use the 58 mm filter adapters I modified for use on my Yi cam-the square on the cases is almost identical. Filter adapters for use on waterproof cases for Gopro are only sized for 52 mm.

enjoy,
Mtz
Regarding the IP camera feature, maybe it will take longer than expected, as we plan to use better solution than the current version, thought the current version is used in some cameras before.

For future products development, we will still focus on high-end version and make something different.

Reactions: Mtz
Circular fisheye 183º 1440p 4:3 test

Reactions: Mtz
Gitup is indeed brave putting out 2 cameras allmost on top of eachother, but so far it look like they keep both balls in the air :)

Git1 is a very good camera, but with a lower specs than Git2, better in low light as Git2 and with less complaints from users than Git2.

enjoy,
Mtz

Hi All, could you please check the quality of the video in the VGAP240W mode? In my case it does not look good, after the beta firmware installation.

Back