GitUp Git2- Support, FAQ, Review

Thank you for that nice to know.
I found that indoors with the new 1/48 shutter speed it is good. I think for outside you need a ND filter to get 24fps looking reasonable. There is a good reason you don't see many panning shots on TV!

It is indeed nice to be around and with ppl that give a damm :cool: there is plenty of the other kind of ppl.

Seems like there is a bug using wifi.

If i longpress the button on the side to start wifi, the set video resolution will change to 1080, even if i before that had 720 60 fps.

Other question, is the camera supposed to lose custom settings on every upgrade ?

Hello,
I am a new GitUp G2 user. The camera was delivered in 3 weeks. Smart delivery with Belgium Post.
I have checked camera after sunset and in dark conditions. I can say I saw no hot pixel, no block noise.
The performance of mine Git2 camera was very good. In dark you can see the light source, the bulb or lightened window only. But still no noise, no hot pixeles.
Firmware: GIT2_V1.4_0324
Used 720/30 mode as recommended.

i can confirm one long press on menue button for wifi does indeed change resolution from set at 720p 120fps to 1080p 60fps.

GitUp knocked it out of the park with the latest v1.5 beta. It's so refreshing to go from request to feature implemented...and implemented right.

The ability to change to contrast low, it is now my favorite action camera. Well done!

Exposure, white balance, contrast and sharpness. Just great in this latest release.

i can confirm one long press on menue button for wifi does indeed change resolution from set at 720p 120fps to 1080p 60fps.
We confirmed this, this is limitation of the platform, the wifi can not be enabled in all of the solution.

Reactions: Mtz
If your GitUp RF Remote is either not paring, not working correctly or not working at all it means that the internal battery is either low or completely depleted. If you want to replace it you need a small cross screwdriver and a new CR2032 battery. It's very easy to do. In the following video you can also see the internals up and close.

Guys I just want to share a video I made recently with GitUp2

Spec:
FW: 1.4
Gyro: On outside the stadium/Off rest of time
WDR: Off
1080p/60fps
ISO: Auto
WB: Auto
Sharpness: Medium
Bitrate: High

Do you think I can improve the quality somehow? I dont like the noisy low lights scenes and blury video while camera is moving fast. Is it about youtube bitrate cap? Thanks for comments in advance.

start by updating to the latest firmware, there are some image quality changes in the new version

cool song, goes nicely with your editing, nice work :)

dont like the noisy low lights scenes and blury video while camera is moving fast.

In low light situations (during the match and especially after) I would choose 1080p/30fps only instead of 60fps. This allows using lower shutter speeds (1/60 vs. 1/120) and keeps your ISO 1 stop lower (less noise). The relative "per frame" bitrate also a bit higher on 30fps which can help avoid blocking on fast camera movement.
I use 60fps only in good light, especially when want to make slowmotion later.
As you edited the video anyway later you could use Sharpness:Soft to keep the noise level low, then add some more noise reduction + sharpening during editing.
Great video btw ! :)

We confirmed this, this is limitation of the platform, the wifi can not be enabled in all of the solution.
Not a problem for me, i was just confirming that this was correct.

Is there any way to have wifi activated on startup, even if it limits the video resolution?
Any news on the IP camera mode / network client rather than AP

For gitup ;)
Hi, I've new idea for next formware, it's possible to implement a function to decrease the Fish eye effect ?
This function is present on xiaomi yi and in many dashcam for car, a function like this:

201508261707104822.jpg

Some time have all flat is better, look this my video make with ausdome a261 with wide-angle correction

All trees are straight, and building, street lamps...
Thanks for your attention ;)

Reactions: Jde
It's my first post so hi everybody :)

I've got GitUp2 from couple weeks and noticed some things.
Bugs in PL menu v1.5b:
Gyro OFF should be: Wyłączony
Gyro ON should be: Włączony
Car mode ON should be: Tryb rejestratora jazdy:Wł.
Car mode OFF should be: Tryb rejestratora jazdy:Wył.

Video from Git2 is almost perfect. I like sharp video from Git2 but in almost every mode
sharpness is good for about 20 meters and above drops drasticly.
First i thought I got bad focus from factory but I recorded 2160 4:3 and was perfect so
I did some tests.
White objects fe. cars are more blurry than other colors.
Bright lights on every color are not focused.
Best sharp video mode in my opinion is on 2160 4:3 - distant objects are perfect sharp,
in mode 2160 16:9 even with sharpness strong effect is not so good could You tell why?
Is there a way to "export" settings from this mode to the others espetially 1080 60?

The function you are looking at is from cameras based on the Ambarella chipset
Ok for ambarella, bus works only for this chipset ? For Novatek NTK96660, nothing ?
Is a fuction very usefull ;)

Back