Gitup git2 Videos

Can someone tell me if my git2 focus is ok or looks a bit off? I can see specks on my windscreen / dashboard is very sharp but the distance looks blurry. I am expecting very near objects to be blur and distant objects to be sharp for an action cam.

Watch on a big screen. (Small mobile device may not show it clearly)

Thanks

focus is normally set closer on an action cam than on a dashcam, you might want to readjust it

You mean the the action cam is designed for selfies and thus has a clear focus close up?

So if I want to use it for Dashcam and FPV, I probably need to refocus for further distance sharpness?

From what I have read that would mean taking the cam apart right? Would that void warranty?

the focus is generally set shorter on action cams, you can refocus it, I'm sure there's some instructions here somewhere, you can check with @gitup but provided you follow the guides etc should be no problem for warranty

Can someone tell me if my git2 focus is ok or looks a bit off? I can see specks on my windscreen / dashboard is very sharp but the distance looks blurry. I am expecting very near objects to be blur and distant objects to be sharp for an action cam.

Watch on a big screen. (Small mobile device may not show it clearly)

Thanks
to me that does look a little out of focus. i would expect to be able to read those license plates since they have such large numbers on them.

no, it's not hard to refocus, especially since the camera has an HDMI output, so you could connect it to a big tv and get the focus exactly right. most things i've read suggest trying to set focus so that something about 3 meters away looks nice and sharp.

to me that does look a little out of focus. i would expect to be able to read those license plates since they have such large numbers on them.

no, it's not hard to refocus, especially since the camera has an HDMI output, so you could connect it to a big tv and get the focus exactly right. most things i've read suggest trying to set focus so that something about 3 meters away looks nice and sharp.

Ok thanks for your input. I will check with @gitup first before I do it in case of warranty issues. I got it from GearBest.

Before you do, take a full resolution 16MP photo in good lighting and not through glass, with a clean lens, and include a wall or something so that we can judge the focus at all distances...

It is rare for a Git2 to be incorrectly focused, quite often the focus issue turns out to be something else.

Thank you sir ! I will try a sturdier mount.

Finally got to use a proper desktop PC and fast broadband connection and could do some "real" editing with Youtube Video Editor.

Here's a video shot a couple of months ago when crossing the sea from Thailand to Myanmar in a longtail boat. I adjusted color balance a notch to warmer side in the Editor and increased brightness two notches as the origal was shot in -2/3 EV in order to avoid overexposure on the sky. As you can see the color balance on the video is now warmer than neutral but there's just no finer adjustments available and it does give the video more film like look than the cold balance in the original.

For those who are interested how Git2 compares to Firefly 7s I have posted other videos here:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/firefly-7s-vs-git2-comparison-videos.22311/

I'm not yet quite sure but was there a change of the color balance parameters in the resent 1.6 firmware because the colors look better balanced now?

Last edited:
what editor did you use to up the brightness two notches?

The 3 big ones, M - R & M

Matisse - Rodin & Monet and so many others.

Not really my ballgame, but i would be a uncultured human if i dident know a little about them.

Prefer Claude Monet that in the end did really good for a blind guy :cool:

There is a lot of Rodin sculptures up here in Denmark, you can see 40 or so of his works at Glyototeket in Copenhagen.
http://www.glyptoteket.com/

Sadly when i was in Paris in the mid 80ties i was a animal, so i did not see many of the things you really should see if you go there.

Last edited:
I think the most important Danish ( or rather ex Danish ) photographer got to be Jacob Riis and his photos on how the other half live in the slums of NYC in the 1890ties. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/How_the_Other_Half_Lives

Yes, a leading photographer. His work was exposed in 2010 in the Danish House in Paris, but I didn't have a Git2 and most of the time it was forbidden to take picture (Today I have nothing to do with it and often it's allowed)

Back