GS1000

Will be very nice if Vadikus will invent some small program to automatic add the correct CRC value to the firmware.
Load the file, press CRC button from the GUI and save it with the correct value.

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Will be very nice if Vadikus will invent some small program to automatic add the correct CRC value to the firmware.

I'm not sure, it is legal, to provide "hack" program :?

Not a hacking program, just a CRC checker. For example the user want to be sure the program he downloaded or was sent by the seller have CRC values OK.
Hacking is great, cracking is bad. :lol:

Sabe, if you will have your car number on the video you must blur it before uploading to youtube some material. :cool:

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Not a hacking program, just a CRC checker. For example the user want to be sure the program he downloaded or was sent by the seller have CRC values OK

Checking may be ok, but midifying is not!
In our country (Russia) there are not problems, really, we have no laws and make in IT industry what we want. But in your and other countries, I hear, there are problems with copyright and all same things.

OK, at least to only show the correct value.
For example:
- your firmware have CRC value: xxxx
- the correct value CRC should be: yyyy
So the user will modify that value in some hex editor and the actions are only about him, not about you in any way. Just 1 byte is easy to modify, no? :cool:

enjoy,
Mtz

Mtz said:
Sabe, if you will have your car number on the video you must blur it before uploading to youtube some material. :cool:
I must say that this was very good service. My nickname is now there, very personal yet not legally bad. Now i have to buy several GS cameras to last for the rest of my life :lol:

Oh, I can see you are from Finland, so I think you are right to buy many GS1000 cameras because finnish names are sooo long. :eek:

enjoy,
Mtz

Can someone help me to provid me some clear instruction how to open up the GS1000(b)
maybe with pictures or video? or some real clear text?

I have bought one at focalprice.com, but it is out of focus :(
and totally worthless if i cant open the case, to focus the camera manually..

i have unscrewed the 4 screws at the top, but how to open the case now?

i48.tinypic.com_29awm80.jpg

Downstar said:
i have unscrewed the 4 screws at the top, but how to open the case now?

No more screws, just break the clips - easy separete the case into two parts.

Mtz said:
OK, at least to only show the correct value.
For example:
- your firmware have CRC value: xxxx
- the correct value CRC should be: yyyy
So the user will modify that value in some hex editor and the actions are only about him, not about you in any way. Just 1 byte is easy to modify, no? :cool:

Well, let it be!
I'm too lazy today, to write GUI, but there is attached console program, that I have wrote today, for fixing CRC.
Must work for any Ambarella chip based firmware.
First parameter is firmware file name.

P.S. Edit firmware only for your own risk! You can make unworkable firmware, if you make mistaked changes. In this case, you will need .elf version of firmware to restore your dashcam with help DirectUSB.

Attachments

• AmbaBinCRCFixer.rar
    39.3 KB · Views: 17
Sabe said:
Mtz said:
I must say that this was very good service. My nickname is now there, very personal yet not legally bad. Now i have to buy several GS cameras to last for the rest of my life :lol:

Some cams allow you to edit this yourself from the setup menu

p4xil said:
Mtz said:
You will have the same results as mine maybe next week when a new version program will be launched
I am really looking forward to it!
Thank you!

It is released, but auto-update not have been launched. I'm waiting for "no critical errors" feedback.
Now you can download last version of player manually on site www.registratorviewer.com
This is your bad file. I think all correct now.

jokiin said:
ok cool, I like that he works with the community on things like translations
any notable changes?

Full supported .map GPS format, including G-Sensor.
Able to reflect the coordinates to fix the dash cam mistakes.
Able to execute any JavaScript code after map loaded.
Completely remade the algorithm of grouping and "time correction" if recorder made a mistakes.
GPS data support for dash cams:
  • Roadline G9
  • Vosonic Flexmedia V747W
  • Ritmix AVR-820
  • GPS1000A
  • GS1000
  • GS2000
  • GS5000
  • Tenex DVR 520
  • RoadHawkHD
  • Texet DVR-1GS
  • F70G, F90G
Added translation for languages:
  • Latvian [lv] (by Egils Lielpeteris)
  • German [de] (by Ralf Lebrecht)
  • Hungarian [hu] (by Laszlo Sinka)
  • Portuguese [pt] (by Ricardo Fontes Portal)
  • Norwegian [no] (by Klar Sikt AS)
  • Lithuanian [lt] (by Romanas Nomeika)
  • Dutch-Netherlands [nl] (by Robert Gels)
  • Romanian [ro] (by Mtz)

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    259 KB · Views: 229
Thank you Vadikus for the latest version. :roll:
Thanks to me for the romanian translation even I don't have a camera to use this program. :lol:

enjoy,
Mtz

Attachments

• Datakam Player  RO.jpg
    Datakam Player RO.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 223
Thanks Vadikus for providing this program. It is much better than many of the programs that come with many dash cams. Amazing that you are even helping people change the text on their camera displays!

DashCamMan said:
Thanks Vadikus for providing this program. It is much better than many of the programs that come with many dash cams. Amazing that you are even helping people change the text on their camera displays!

And what's more funny, he is marked as "beginner"
I think you should hack your forum and promote him to four-star general at least :D

Hey, junior. look under my avatar. :lol:

enjoy,
Mtz

Okay, i try to remember that there are very few things i can teach to you guys :mrgreen:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back