GS1000

I got GS1000 today from Shenzen Saddle, US$ 119,04
Plus customs&taxes = approx. US$ 152 .
First impressions: I was checking the box for a "GS1000" sign or any type-sign, but there's none. No serial number, no prodict number, no nothing. That's odd.
(it looks like "Upload attachments" doesn't automatically reduce big photos, so I'm gonna use links instead):

It looks like that "TF-card" means "micro card", right ? Or do you just check various types of memory cards and what fits in, that's the right one ? Anyway, I tried M2 and it's too big, so I'm gonna buy micro 32GB class 10, Sandisk or Kingston.
The camera is surpisingly small. I thought it's gonna be at least a size of a rear-view mirror, but it's much smaller.

I noticed, that experts on this forum can tell if it's original or fake by the firmware, so pls, what's your verdict ?

There's a green sticker on the upper right corner of the screen. Should I remove it or leave it as-is ?

no numbers, markings etc is normal

MicroSD cards are referred to as TF cards in China

The green sticker is a pull tab so you can take the protective film off the screen

There's often a cover over the front on the lens as well, many people don't notice it if it's there

no lens cover here. But I would find it useful to choose where the power cable (USB cable) can I plug in. It's only from the top now, which is annoying if you put the camera to the bottom of the windscreen.

jokiin said:
mine does 15Mbit/s...

What firmware are you using? I recently got an E-Prance GS1000 from AliExpress and I'm really disappointed with the amount of encoding artifacts in the image (7Mbps).

I also use jokiin's camera in my vehicle and the quality is easily the best I've ever seen coupled with VicoVations TF2+ and I've tried all the top brands only to find disappointment and fan boys across the net promoting junk.

I posted a video on the forum showing the very high level of detail from his camera.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GS1000, fw: SMH4.36.220812B; installed 32GB class 10 Kingston and here's one of the first videos. I obviously have a glare and sparks problem, but searching this forum, I'm not the only one, at least not with the glare problem, so I have a lot to read about how to get rid of it. 4x digital zoom is mentioned; pushing all possible buttons, I can't find it anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried that once and it didn't work either.
Now i start to wonder as you mentioned digital zoom, that many cameras can use digital zoom only if you have first selected lower resolution in use. My camera is in the car now and i'm too lazy to walk there and test myself. Maybe tomorrow.

can use digital zoom only if you have first selected lower resolution in use
you're right, I tried, it works with lower resolutions, I'd never figure out by myself, it's not in the manuals.

Btw, I can't get rid of that green sticker on the LCD. Like it's glued from the inside.

How did you solve the glare-problem, if you had it at all ?

I tested photography with so called "flash light" in a total darkness. Those four IR LEDs are a joke. Ok, they work, if you take a photo of something not more than 5 centimeters (that would be 2 inches) from the lens. And the flash-light-setting re-sets itself to "off" (automatic and always-on also available) every time the camera is turned off and back on again.

There's no memory-card-reader. I had to use the one I got with a $25-camera. One would expect to be a part of a $119 camera, too. And the USB-cable is fixed to the 12V-plug, so if you want to download files from the camera to a laptop, you have to take the card out, or remove the 12V-USB-cable and use the 230V-USB one, which can be separated from the 230V-charger.

Once the camera is "sucked" to the window, you can move it only up-down, no left-right. Quite a problem, if you're looking for how to avoid the glare.

G-sensor setting resets itself back to "off" all the time, too. What's the proper setting anyway ? For example "1" locks the file if you shake camera gently, "7" locks the file if you hit it with a hammer ? Or is it quite the opposite ?

Once it starts recording, you have to wait 2 seconds for a pushed button to respond. That means: you push any button, wait 2 seconds, and get the reaction. If not recording, there's no delayed reaction to a pushed/pressed button.

Power off delay: it's only 10-20-30 seconds and off. Missing 1-2-5-10-20 minutes and "until battery alive". We see in the road rage videos, that some serious action, worth recording, starts when the driver steps out of the wehicle.

Top pick for a compact GPS enabled camera... :? ...maybe my expectations were too high. Or haven't learned yet how to use the product.

P.S.:now I need two 12V sockets; one for navigation, one for the camera. I guess it's not critical what I use ? Whatever I can find in any store, should do just fine ? By means of destroying the camera by not using the original 12V-to-USB cable ? Photo:

dual-usb-car-charger-with-socket-wf-098-with.jpg

Use pliers to tear that green screen protector off, or you can leave it, don't make much difference.
That glare is coming from your car dashboard i think, try to put camera closer to window if possible.
Ir leds are a joke.
Camera should go usb drive mode when you connect it to computer, if it doesn't maybe camera is faulty.
I use g-sensor setting 6, if i ever get into accident i will tell is it working. It locks current file, but maximum size for locked file is 1 GB.
Power off delay works only when camera is not recording.
You can expect GPS problems, time problems, and maybe some other, otherwise camera is good.
Night mode should be "auto night mode" otherwise night view is useless.

javr said:
P.S.:now I need two 12V sockets; one for navigation, one for the camera. I guess it's not critical what I use ? Whatever I can find in any store, should do just fine ? By means of destroying the camera by not using the original 12V-to-USB cable ?

Yes, they are all standard.
Camera must be plugged in with original charger because these cameras use different pinout for power.

Camera must be plugged in with original charger because these cameras use different pinout for power.
this is confusing... so, can I buy and use any "12V-to-2xUSB", or better not ?

javr said:

You can not use standard usb cable, you must use that middle charger plug (in your image) with camera original charger.
But maybe your navigator will work with plain usb cable?

Sabe said:
javr said:

You can not use standard usb cable, you must use that middle charger plug (in your image) with camera original charger.
But maybe your navigator will work with plain usb cable?

My EPrance GS1000 works ok with a USB cable connected to a car 12/5V adapter or USB battery pack.

You can not use standard usb cable, you must use that middle charger plug (in your image) with camera original charger
I kinda doubt that, because the 230V-USB cable can be easily disconnected from the mains-charger, but ok, I better get a second opinion on that before I destroy a $120 dashcam.

What software does one use to play those *.mov-files ? There's "The KMPlayer" on a driver-CD, but I can't get it to synchronise audio and video. Audio is always faster, and video blocks a lot, time in seconds and km/h go way too slow, etc...

Player.exe, which shows a Google-map, too: same problems with audio-video. The map-pointer is accurate. Is there a possibility to upload that video with Google-map ?

I played videos on a TV, via AV-cable. No problems there with synchronise or blocking, but how to play the whole trip without sitting there all the time and manually starting a new file every 5 minutes ?

javr said:
What software does one use to play those *.mov-files ? There's "The KMPlayer" on a driver-CD, but I can't get it to synchronise audio and video. Audio is always faster, and video blocks a lot, time in seconds and km/h go way too slow, etc...

I use VLC, and it has options to adjust the audio/video synch.

There's also a better app to view the gps data called Registrator Viewer.

andrew73 said:
My EPrance GS1000 works ok with a USB cable connected to a car 12/5V adapter or USB battery pack.

In theory that is possible. Back in the good old days gs cameras needed that separate charger, but as there is no "official" gs camera then it is possible that some manufacturer use different way of power camera. In a way life is a bit easyer if you can use standard usb power feed.

SVP with trumotion at the monitors refresh rate. The video ends up playing at 60fps and looks as smooth as a whistle.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

GS1000 5E5, Saddle SD-GS500, fw: SMH4.36.220812B

"GS1000 5E5, Saddle SD-GS500" is how this camera is listed at Aliexpress, "fw: SMH4.36.220812B" is firmware.
iTracker - logo: no idea where that comes from. Is that a manufacturer ?

I have to check Where did you mount the camera? Post your pictures. I guess I'll find some better ideas there.

Basically my goal was:
- the camera must not block the driver's view through the front window;
- the camera must be invisible as possible, because people might get nervous when they figure out you're filming them.

This was the first attempt:

I thought Ok, I can't hide the camera, but at least I'll make excellent videos. But I didn't notice an awfull glare. So here are 5 minutes of the first trip, nothing special, there are also two tunnels for a bit of a night-time testing; it looks like GPS picks up the signal 10 seconds out of the tunnel:

Now I'm aware of the glare, so I moved the camera:

Problems:
- I can't rotate the camera left-right unless I move the holder too, so video is not horizontall any more;
- the camera "sees" through a small corner, defined by the dashboard on the bottom (the lower black line on the video) and wiper on the top (seen as a black line on the top of the video). Transparent lines in the middle of the screen are not glare, they are just dirty windshield. So, now I have no glare, but tilted video, limited at the top and at the bottom with wiper and dashboard:

My next attempt would be this:

So, to use the holder, which can be glued to the dashboard, but in this case the camera would be up-side-down, and I see no possibility in the setup to rotate the video 180° . Or maybe I just can't find it, because this seller is showing the camera up-side-down, but the video on the cam's LCD is ok ?

Are you sure that's a GS1000? This is what my GS1000 video output looks like, your video and mine look like two different cameras (play at 1080p)

I get bad glare too around 1:50

Back