GS1000

yacusya said:
Thanks for reply. I've been up till 3 a.m., read some forums, tried some elf's from different manufacturer and finally managed to bring my cam alive with an THX3.34 firmware. Now I've got firmware from another manufacturer, but it works just fine and got some new features :)
My next step was to bring the battery functioning again, since it doesn't have any juice at all - if I unplug the cam from external power supply it dies instantly, thus the last recorded file becomes corrupt. I plugged the battery on my SE charger, to see if it could be restored at all. Till then the cam runs with the battery from my old SE K600 :D
Got another questions: the feature "Split files to 1/5/10/so-on" minutes doesn't work at all. The cam continues to shoot an infinite file, till I manually stop it. Didn't work at old firmware, don't work with the new either. How can I fix that?
Motion-detection option works fine, but only together with "Split files"-option, otherwise it doesn't record other the old files. Is it normal, if not how do I fix this too?

Hi yacusya,

Great that you were able to unbrick your GS1000. For the split files function, that is strange. Motion detection often prevents cycle recording. Usually you need to turn motion sensor to off and recycle recording / cycle recording to 1 minute, etc. If that doesn't work, seems like there may be a bug / glitch with your camera.

Hi,

I'm going to buy GS1000 from eBay. How can I find an orange menu version? A few product has a picture of the menus but they are blue-menu versions. Sorry bad English.

pertti said:
Hi,

I'm going to buy GS1000 from eBay. How can I find an orange menu version? A few product has a picture of the menus but they are blue-menu versions. Sorry bad English.

Hi pertti,

I have not seen any legitimate Orange Menu's on eBay. All of them are Blue Menu's, fake Novatek's or Blue Menus disguised as orange menus. Not sure why no vendor is selling them there. The one that Sabe pointed out from DX is an Orange Menu as per previous purchaser feedback.

Thanks for answers. I will buy it from Dealextreme.

I got some sort of fake from eBay. I did not know anything about those cameras. Just bought one, had a problem and found your nice forum :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320911756773

It seems like a fake orange menu. Starts up with motorcycles picture and firmware is 201201029.
There seems to be a GPS problem. Did not get any signal at all. Half an hour outside and nothing. Today I took it apart and put back together and it works. Did absolutely nothing. No soldering, nothing. Just opened it and put back together. And now I just got GPS signal :) Strange... maybe I should resolder GPS antenna connections, maybe the connection is bad there.
Well, let's see how it works. I will test it tonight.

Inside looks like this (click for big image):

serxx said:
It seems like a fake orange menu. Starts up with motorcycles picture and firmware is 201201029.
There seems to be a GPS problem. Did not get any signal at all. Half an hour outside and nothing. Today I took it apart and put back together and it works. Did absolutely nothing. No soldering, nothing. Just opened it and put back together. And now I just got GPS signal :) Strange... maybe I should resolder GPS antenna connections, maybe the connection is bad there.

Interesting image, seems that pcb board layout is different, i wonder what circuit is under, is it ambarella or something else.
Also interesting to see gps circuit type, and to find out that it can use passive and active antenna both. Maybe later today i will open my gs5000 antenna and try to find out what it is.
Looking your image i can see that antenna wire issue could be right, there's nothing else moving just by opening the device.

Here it is. It was very difficult to open until i noticed that one screw hidden deep in that hole...
It seems to be active antenna, cable solder looks very ugly, so it could be a source for gps problems.
lh3.googleusercontent.com__W_QEgOxHe9M_UN7yu_UoveI_AAAAAAAAARw_Le71EtKIsT0_s1024_Image1.jpg

How does the suction cup stick to the windscreen? I have a Nokia car holder for my phone and if I fix it to windscreen it will stay there some hours, days or weeks before it comes off. I think the camera won't like if it drops many times onto the dashboard etc. if it is installed near the rearview mirror.

you have to lick it before sticking to windscreen. then it's there forever.

some say also moisturising it with coca cola is good also, but in my experiences, licking with tongue is enough.

Ok, thanks for the information.

pertti said:
How does the suction cup stick to the windscreen? I have a Nokia car holder for my phone and if I fix it to windscreen it will stay there some hours, days or weeks before it comes off. I think the camera won't like if it drops many times onto the dashboard etc. if it is installed near the rearview mirror.

They are quite good and you can start with it. Personally i experienced a little shaking with it especially when i drive in helsinki on cobblestone road (mukulakivikatu)
I fix it with industrial velcro, first i took suction part off and glue some flat surface to it's place.
Velcro is quite expensive but then again, you can use it many other places too.
I think you can buy it from here.
http://www.clasohlson.com/fi/Tarranauha-Duotec/Pr344682000

And image is better than 1000 words.
lh5.googleusercontent.com__zJAJHP_WrjU_UNScbocMTFI_AAAAAAAAAOU_5BkCwdn9J7Q_s941_Dsc03765.jpg

yacusya said:
There is one with the orange menu and SMH4.36 Firmware. I know this vendor, bought K2000 from him, but returned it due of the pure quality of the camera without any problem. But his prices are really high - 200 Euro for GS1000.

Hi yacusya,

Great find on a GS1000 Orange Menu. I did not think there were any there. The price is nearly double other Orange Menus though. I don't know why other eBay sellers are not selling the legitimate orange menu cameras for a reasonable price. I'm sure there is a market for it.

serxx said:
I got some sort of fake from eBay. I did not know anything about those cameras. Just bought one, had a problem and found your nice forum :)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320911756773

Hi serxx,

Sounds like a bad connection to me as well. That should be a relatively easy fix if that is the case.

One other tip on the suction cup mounts. These mounts stick very poorly on the black dots near the top of many windshields. On the clear glass, these suction cups, if working properly can stick for weeks if not months. If it is not sticking, perhaps buy another mount. Many options for under $5.

Sabe said:
I fix it with industrial velcro, first i took suction part off and glue some flat surface to it's place.
I use an industrial velcro mount too, but I just omit the suction part altogether. Here's what it looks like in my Honda Odyssey:

i47.tinypic.com_28sc07c.jpg

I use 3M Dual Lock, which it looks like you are using also. I cut a small piece to stick to the top of the camera, and another similar size piece to stick on the windshield. Then they just snap together and the camera holds in place very well. I've had it there a couple of months without the camera falling at all. You can buy 3M Dual Lock on eBay, among many other places.

The sloped angle at the top of the GS1000/GS2000 is nice because it allows the camera to be attached directly to the windshield and it will give a good view of the road.

Here's a video from my Odyssey with the GS2000 mounted using Dual Lock: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTq4_Vck3fI
And here's one from my Honda Civic with the same camera: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xihOvzksWo

Last edited by a moderator:
Rehan said:
use an industrial velcro mount too, but I just omit the suction part altogether. Here's what it looks like in my Honda Odyssey:

Thanks, must try that too, it looks very simple..
Maybe i must make some kind of wedge to get camera to desired angle.
lh3.googleusercontent.com__kBFbADdl31c_UOCvCbNSR5I_AAAAAAAAASM_pceku5wPN8I_s562_Dsc03819.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E GSXXXX 6
D GSXXXX 1
C GSXXXX 5
J GSXXXX 3
D GSXXXX 0
Back