GS8000

I plan to purchase GS8000 but can't decide from which place. Those who already made a purchase what seller would you recommend? I'm likely to buy it from FoxOffer.com but it's offered for $10 less at AliExpress and FoxOffer doesn't want to match the price. I just want a real good quality device and not a fake one. Thanks!

I had a problem with mine tonight, when I disconnected it the screen went white and it froze. I reset it but the video file was corrupt. This is the second time its happened. I'm wondering if mine is defective. I dont think its a fake.

Thanks! My only concern is that it's shown in a plain white box when some other places sell it in a blue box. Don't know if there is a difference in device quality.

Well my time with my GS8000 was short lived in a good way. :D I have had this now for a about week and my wife was so impressed with the concept she said to buy the FineVU CR-500 HD. :eek: I looked on ebay for a few and found a seller with a great price and we was in the states so it came today. Needles to say now i have to go back to ebay and sell this one. I thought the videos we very good and the camera is a good buy at its price point.

Thanks Dash Cam man for all the informative details on all the cameras on this site.

ChicagoSox

Watch the gs8000 video on Foxoffer, really 1080P FULL HD.

Few days ago the battery stopped working completely and only runs on the power lead.

Today the unit died and locked up. Did a reset etc and now it powers up instantly freezes then screen goes blank with occasional distorted interference lines on the screen.

Wondering of I can plug it into my PC and reflash the firmware in an attempt to save it.

Was previously very very happy with this camera.

Gutted.

mainstation said:
Sorry to hear that. If you got it from FoxOffer then it can be replaced within a year.

If anybody buy from foxoffer and there is something wrong with DVR, please let me know, I'd like to help.

I want to share some info about the GPS player tool for GS-series Car Dash.
Today two good customer shared me some useful info.
One customer who bought GS5000 from us(FoxOffer) and find GUI problem with the GPS player tools, I also find this problem if run this tool on win7 64bit .
This afternoon he told me he solved this problem by himself and send me two links about the new gps player tool.
Another customer who bought the GS9000 also send me a link about the new gps player tool.
I checked all the links and new tools.
I found one tool is the same as this:
http://dashcamtalk.com/cams/gs5000/GS5000 DVR driver.iso
I tested this tool on my win7 64bit OS, still has GUI problem.
www.foxoffer.com_images_gps_player.jpg

Another tool works good, i upload to here.
http://www.foxoffer.com/download/GPS_Player.zip
Hope it is useful for you.

I can confirm after opening up my GS8000 that it is indeed made with quality parts, Ambarella A25-A1-141 CPU and what I am pretty sure is Samsung Memory.....

Shame it is dead eh :?

i209.photobucket.com_albums_bb308_Phantom_Mark_487D46FF_7D0F_4667642617ec55843c9c339bd05959e45.jpg

i209.photobucket.com_albums_bb308_Phantom_Mark_BF8A53FA_B68E_44fe8fbd93ce4a0acdb1e5447add97379.jpg

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for sharing. Looks like it is an Ambarella A2S70 processor. A bit blurry to make out.

Re: GS8000 ebay aliexpress

then the conclusion would be order to what seller on ebay or aliexpress

GPS and G-sensor included

also the GS8000 vs GS9000 it is only the lens quality and degree at 720p ?

suppose to be GS8000 170 degree and GS9000 178 degree

cause i am very lost

thank you for your help :cool:

Unfortunately, the GS8000 is a bit of a lottery right now. Prices range from about $75 to $140 for this camera so there are internal differences between the cameras. Not enough feedback from users yet to identify the best source.

thank you for the information

on ali seller tell me at 75$ gps not included at 105$ yes this seller have sell aroound 23 from 20 dec 2012 but no feedback yet
i am very intersting to buy the GS8000 for my Job vehicule

but anyway i will buy one on ebay i will give news abouth that.

Any updates on reliability?
and where to purchase?

Reading posts from this thread, right now, I'm looking at Pandawill, Geekbuying and Foxoffer. Foxoffer being the cheapest at $105.80. Which is most reputable? or any other seller you guys would recommend I get it from?
I don't mind paying a bit extra for piece of mind. I'm new to all this and don't want to be sold a 'fake'.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for all the info on this site....very informative! im thinking about getting one of these but i have a few questions. Can you change the speed from kilometers to miles per hour? And does it automatically start and stop recording with engine shutoff/start? And finally, will it automatically record over the oldest file when then end of the SD card is reached? Thanks guys!

Chad said:
Can you change the speed from kilometers to miles per hour?

not sure if they have this, quite a lot don't, I have this option on my cam so I know that it is possible in the firmware to support it

Chad said:
And does it automatically start and stop recording with engine shutoff/start? And finally, will it automatically record over the oldest file when then end of the SD card is reached?

there are regular features of just about any reasonable dashcam these days, I'm sure it would do this

Back