GS8000

Bobg207 said:
jokiin said:
Bobg207 said:
No, I think it is a genuine dashcam DVR to record driving activities. btw: I love the recordings I am now getting after fixing the video duration problem. Thanks To All.

if they have this as a feature than they're not making any effort to promote it, I just trawled through the pages of Honda's website and couldn't find any mention of any type of recording, only reverse cameras, parking aids, sensors etc
The new Accord Euro doesn't have an in-car dash camera. What I saw & thought was a camera lens is in fact a light sensor to automatically adjust the car lights and mirrors.

thanks for clarifying, saved me a trip to the Honda dealer :D

just got my gs8000 in the mail exactly 1 week. ordered last monday.
picked up 16gb class 10 memory card
will test out tonight
packaging was very good, screen/lens covered with protective cover
manual is pretty useless

db04ph said:
just got my gs8000 in the mail exactly 1 week. ordered last monday.
picked up 16gb class 10 memory card
will test out tonight
packaging was very good, screen/lens covered with protective cover
manual is pretty useless

Dont forget to give us your feedback ...anxious to see your comments.

I hope your logger keep working longer than mine .

ok will give feedback after uploading the videos and looking at the quality, so far i am happy, whats the best way of getting the videos on your pc? do you just take out the memory card or take the whole camera out and hook it up to pc

I always take my card out and put the SD card in my PC

Dont forget to try the zoom , just found this feature yesterday , quite amazing ,tough
it cuts a bit the luminosity , so adjust the EV to +2 .....testing testing Ah Ah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g14epEG1ZvE

first video, just a lap around the neighbourhood
so my problem is my sd card. when copying files from sd it's less then 1mb/s(usb 2.0). its a 16gb patriot class 10, but something is wrong with it. took me 10 minutes to copy a 5 minute clip
This might explain the crappy quality. i am returning it tomorow and getting sandisk class 10

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure you didn't reencoded the video?
The image seems to be in some fog. The quality is not OK for my eyes.
But what I like very much at your camera is the mounting because you have that green filter at the top of the video. Maybe you will post some pictures in the windshield mounting topic from my signature.

enjoy,
Mtz

db04ph said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g14epEG1ZvE

first video, just a lap around the neighbourhood
so my problem is my sd card. when copying files from sd it's less then 1mb/s(usb 2.0). its a 16gb patriot class 10, but something is wrong with it. took me 10 minutes to copy a 5 minute clip
This might explain the crappy quality. i am returning it tomorow and getting sandisk class 10

Thanks for the Test Video, from about 1:47 to 2:05 the audio cut out? Sounded like something clicked like you hit a button to do that?
Also your GPS never got a signal was it plugged in or did you leave it off? i remember you asking about it a few post back.

Mtz said:
Are you sure you didn't reencoded the video?
The image seems to be in some fog. The quality is not OK for my eyes.
But what I like very much at your camera is the mounting because you have that green filter at the top of the video. Maybe you will post some pictures in the windshield mounting topic from my signature.

enjoy,
Mtz

i'll take some pictures tomorrow after work, will aslo post new video once i get a new sd card

Mtz said:
Thanks for the Test Video, from about 1:47 to 2:05 the audio cut out? Sounded like something clicked like you hit a button to do that?
Also your GPS never got a signal was it plugged in or did you leave it off? i remember you asking about it a few post back.

ya i muted the mic to see if it worked, and the gps was not hooked up at the time

db04ph said:
Just a heads up. I don't know where you got your SD card. BestBuy has the SanDisk 32GB Class 10 Ultra for 40 dollars, but they are price matching Amazon now as long as the item is sold by Amazon and will price match it for like 28 dollars.
Little cheaper online still, but just wanted to point that out might help you save some money.

Minix said:
Dont forget to try the zoom , just found this feature yesterday , quite amazing ,tough
it cuts a bit the luminosity , so adjust the EV to +2 .....testing testing Ah Ah

Does the GS8000 have zoom in the video mode or just photos?

I know for sure for video ....did not try photk mode.

hi all,

I'm new here on the forum, been looking around a few times. I'm enjoying my GS8000 alot, everything is what i expected, the gps the g-sensor quality etc.

But i have a question, when you start the device up you get the welcome screen with the Mercedes SLS in the pic, is it possible to change that pic?

so got a new sd card, check out the new video
also a few pictures to show how i have it mounted
foxoffer is now offering a suction mount for additional $1.90 too bad that was not offered when i bought mine

video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HExK5NULm-8

let me know what you think, click 1080p, the gps was not hooked up right away thats why its whoing 0 km/h
quality wise i seen better clips on youtube, not sure what my issue is

you can barely see the camera, which i like. The tint helps aswell

DSC03566.jpg

DSC03567.jpg

DSC03568.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Minix said:

Does anyone else that has the GS8000 able to zoom in the video mode and if yes what is the button to do it, I can only use zoom in the photo mode.

Nice install....can't see it at all from the outside. I think the quality looks great...youtube always destroys video quality. Yours seems to be right up there with the best of them. Nice work!

DONS459 said:
Minix said:

Does anyone else that has the GS8000 able to zoom in the video mode and if yes what is the button to do it, I can only use zoom in the photo mode.

Use the up&down button on the left .

I can change the zoom while filming .

The zoom setting is lost when you shut off the cam.

Is your Gps logger works ?

I still can only zoom in photo mode, not video. Even tried recording first then zoom, no go.

I only put the GPS connector on once to check it out and it took about 7 minutes to find the sats but seem to work ok, I am waiting for the weather to get warmer so i can mount it with the GPS sticky mount instead of using the suction cup one.

my firmware is V1.0.8 G82A K No big deal not being able to zoom.
Thanks.

Back