GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

The window hugging design is nice, we won't have to worry about the impact throwing the camera up. (pointing at the Skye, like some some of the ball socket cams behave with sudden stops)

I guess I am curious about how dash cams do in accidents. There are so many videos to show they survive well enough to keep the last clip, yet some don't in less force. Bob posted a video where a small impact dislodged his camera and the last clip was almost unusable.
that's what I worry about with this blackvue crap that I have, normally when camera shuts down when you get home the last file is normally corrupted. just want a new reliable camera that wont do this incase the last file is needed one day.

The window hugging design is nice, we won't have to worry about the impact throwing the camera up. (pointing at the Skye, like some some of the ball socket cams behave with sudden stops)

yeah inertia is a problem for cameras mounted away from the window, there are cases where those style cameras are the most suitable though

just thinking, update time, hows it going?? got any of the new fixes yet?? any big progress being made?

firmware is at version 17, not that means a lot as it has been trivial stuff mostly, hardware is more important right now

so still waiting on hardware fix to come?

haven't tested it myself yet, I have conflicting, yes it is, no it isn't, reports of it being sorted so I'm not holding any opinion on whether it's truly sorted yet or not, time will tell

update time again, have you got any new hardware in your hands for testing yet? if so hows it going?? is problem fixed??

This dashcam business is so tricky, because what if it doesn't get released before competitors come out with something new (spec wise). Then it can become a price war and loss of profit.

Reliability of product and great Jokiins customer service will win.

plenty of suppliers rush stuff to market but then burn customers when the product has issues, that might work in the bottom end of the market when people half expect that things won't be as good as they'd like, I personally don't think it's acceptable though, I'd love to have the product out now as we have a lot of money tied up in this project but the reality is right now it's just not good enough to do that

plenty of suppliers rush stuff to market but then burn customers when the product has issues, that might work in the bottom end of the market when people half expect that things won't be as good as they'd like, I personally don't think it's acceptable though, I'd love to have the product out now as we have a lot of money tied up in this project but the reality is right now it's just not good enough to do that

Indeed very true and given the market today (in most of the stuff we purchase) suppliers/manufactures are only interested in getting their product in the 'shop' and on the 'shelf' whilst still quoting that well worn and (over)used phrase 'High Quality' in their sales and marketing blurb.

However they do sell products and you wonder why! - IMO consumers are the problem they are driven by the 'I want it now' syndrome and seem to consider nothing but their selfish desire not to wait for something that WILL perform and do what it was designed to do, WILL last longer than the weekend, IS built to exacting standards and is FROM a manufacture who will support the products they sell.

So Carry on Regardless jokiin 'nil carborundum'

Climb down off 'Hobby Horse' and go clean the car - or ask for more tablets from that nice lady in the white coat...;)

update time again, another week has passed, hows the camera going? got any hardware fixes in your hands for testing yet? hows progress?

What is this other cam you have (or will be) released under a different brand? I want to buy one as well as the Guardtrak

What is this other cam you have (or will be) released under a different brand? I want to buy one as well as the Guardtrak

appreciate the support but we hadn't even mentioned the spec yet

they are lower spec products than these, under another brand we own, Street Guardian

Ah right sorry Rick, thought they were being released for sale imminently

Do you work on any other Guardtrak cams models that will be released soon?

Back