GuardTrak GT2S model details and info

I have been looking at the easiest power options for the GT2S. If it is not to early in development, and you have a few minutes while waiting for the new hardware update to arrive, I have a quick question.

I found a wire harness that taps into the mirror's power (it is set up for radar detectors). It would be nice, if I could, to rewire it to power the camera, as to eliminate the need to run a new wire. From the picture in the following link, it looks as if the mirror will not exceed a 2 amp draw. Is this enough to power the camera?

http://www.blendmount.com/mirrortap.html

If you need more info to make a judgment call, I can get a thread going with one of the vendors on the car site. I doubt he would mind keeping the thread at the top a little bit longer over there. :)

Thanks

Sorry, meant to say pull power from the mirror

Excellent. That will knock down the install time immensely.

Interesting idea, could save time/effort if your car is not overly sensitive to changing the load. (like modern BMW's prevent you from doing etc)

I would think a cam with LCD may have a higher amp draw than a detector with a few LCDs, but Blendmount makes a detector cord for current model BMWs. I found a install thread on the Bimmer forums for one. It is defiantly a more advanced install than the plug n' play Chevy one.

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=998321

Here is another write up on a BMW hardwire install for a detector though the mirror housing.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=515517

As cams are not as popular as detectors yet, this is an application Blendmount may not have thought of. Yall may be able to work with them to get them into this market (or just make your own, it doesn't look all that difficult to solder up some wires).

hows this, last week I saved up enough for this cam again, iw as lying in bed thinking, whats going to go wrong over the next week, I have some spare cash in the bank.
2 days later, I kicked a chair and broke my damn toe, more medical bills, there goes the cash for the camera again for this month.

As a bit of an aside, I have a friend who works as a lawyer for the insurance side of things in Personal Injury here in the UK for a very large firm, so he deals with a lot of fraud cases and normal run of the mill cases and obviously gets to see all the evidence in a case. When I mentioned dash cams to him, he honestly had no clue what they were and when I extolled their virtues he was amazed how he had never come across them being used as evidence and thought they were a must have accessory in everyone's cars!

to top the week off, as well as stuffing my knee and breaking my toe and spending on medical bills, I also had my computer blow up this morning. $124 for a new PSU and al is good again.
WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAPPEN??? every time I have some spare cash something ALWAYS comes up to get rid of it to break me again.

to top the week off, as well as stuffing my knee and breaking my toe and spending on medical bills, I also had my computer blow up this morning. $124 for a new PSU and al is good again.
WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAPPEN??? every time I have some spare cash something ALWAYS comes up to get rid of it to break me again.

What PSU do you have that costs $124

thermaltake smart 650. you can get cheaper but I don't want a cheap ass PSU in my high end computer, plus being a regional area things always cost more and for a single item it only worked out $10 cheaper getting one sent up and a week wait so I thought stuff it. get locally.

Hi, can someone please tell me which models of the Guardtrak dash cams are available for purchase now? Can I order any of the models listed on the Guardtrak website? Thanks.

Ok. Too bad, I need to order a couple now for my firm.

Why doesn't your website have "coming soon" plastered all over it? And why are there order forms for the camera on the website?

When I have that I'll change it to coming soon, we've had some technical issues to deal with unfortunately which has delayed the project and we don't have a firm date yet

Sorry to hear that. After Guardtrak, what would be your first reccomendation in the $300-$350 price range?

Back