Hands on Mini 0806 Ambarella A7LA50 dash camera

Mine uses its internal battery, seems to last several days, maybe longer but I'd have to stop using it to find out!

The version that uses the Parking Guard mount will have to use the car battery since it is continuously recording video when parked, although with a slow frame rate unless its G-Sensor detects a shock in which case it switches to normal frame rate. Mine doesn't do the slow frame rate, just watches the G-Sensor and starts recording if it detects a shock - doesn't need the parking guard mount for that.

I don't know if both those modes of operation will be available on the released version, or maybe on the second release?

I assume the parking guard mount will be available with the first production units since it is described in the manual but I don't know, don't think Rayman is around for the next few days so you may have to wait for a proper answer. It is an option so I assume your order will not include it unless it was specifically listed as included.

Thank you for clarifying.

Thank you for clarifying.
Not sure how the Parking Guard mount will deal with a hybrid without the engine running... there are still things to be discovered about the Mini 0806!

Guys,

I understand this question may sound silly, but I couldn't find an answer so far...
What functionality will stand behind the double micro-SD slots?
Will there be an ability to write video/logs to both cards simultaneously, or at least copy selected backlog video from one SD card to another from the menu directly?

The reason I'm asking is because in case of an accident - there are possible situations when you may have to provide a police officer or insurance agent with a video log. This may mean they will keep SD card or the DVR itself as an evidence.
In such a case - keeping an extra copy of video/GPS log for yourself looks like a very nice idea...
In situations where there's no PC/laptop/tablet/etc available - even a simple option to copy a video file, that you need, from one SD card to another, using only a DVR would be priceless.

Last edited:
Guys,

I understand this question may sound silly, but I couldn't find an answer so far...
What functionality will stand behind the double micro-SD slots?
Will there be an ability to write video/logs to both cards simultaneously, or at least copy selected backlog video from one SD card to another from the menu directly?

The reason I'm asking is because in case of an accident - there are possible situations when you may have to provide a police officer or insurance agent with a video log. This may mean SD card or the DVR itself may be kept as an evidence.
In such a case - keeping an extra copy of video/GPS log for yourself would be a very nice idea...
In situations where there's no PC/laptop/tablet/etc available - even a simple option to copy a video file, that you need, from one SD card to another, using only a DVR would be priceless.
That's not a silly question, it's a very sensible question.

When you go into the playback screen, you can select a video clip or photograph and then select copy to other card so that you can copy the pre accident last 5 minute clip and your photos/video of the post accident scene to a second card to give to the police officer. There is no simultaneous recording so you can't easily keep a copy of the whole card. It would take ages to copy 128GB over but a few 5 minute clips is fairly easy.

You can choose which card it writes to so if you get an hour of video you want to keep but don't want to go through it all marking it as protected you can just swap cards, either physically or in the menu. You can also write to the cards sequentially so effectively with two 128GB cards you have 256GB of storage before it loops. (I've not actually tested that but the manual says it will do it.) In that case you would need to swap out one of your cards for a spare in order to copy the accident video to the spare for the police officer to take.

Normally if you are in a position to copy the video then the police are happy for you to send them the video later but obviously it's better to give it to them at the time as then there is no question of it having been tampered with.

Hope that answers the question...

If you have ordered from joovuu the "Presale!MEG Mini 0806,Mini 0803 pro ultra mini size 1296P 30FPS dash camera car dvr dual 128GB TF card slot ,GPS,CPL" then I would say that based on the title it includes both a GPS mounting bracket and the optional CPL included in the price, doesn't mention the other accessories though...

I think everyone should get the CPL, it can make a big difference.
That price include CPL and GPS for 90Pounds (including VAT 20%)

Last edited:
If you have ordered from joovuu the "Presale!MEG Mini 0806,Mini 0803 pro ultra mini size 1296P 30FPS dash camera car dvr dual 128GB TF card slot ,GPS,CPL" then I would say that based on the title it includes both a GPS mounting bracket and the optional CPL included in the price, doesn't mention the other accessories though...

I think everyone should get the CPL, it can make a big difference.
The MINI0806 with GPS,CPL at 90Pounds(Including VAT 20%):
https://www.joovuu.com/gb/home/245-...-dual-128gb-tf-card-slot-optional-gpscpl.html

Later today we will add some customerization options like this: " without gps,without cpl" "with CPL,no GPS",etc

Later today we will add some customerization options like this: " without gps,without cpl" "with CPL,no GPS",etc
When will you have the optional "Parking Guard Mounting Bracket" available?

That's not a silly question, it's a very sensible question.

When you go into the playback screen, you can select a video clip or photograph and then select copy to other card so that you can copy the pre accident last 5 minute clip and your photos/video of the post accident scene to a second card to give to the police officer. There is no simultaneous recording so you can't easily keep a copy of the whole card. It would take ages to copy 128GB over but a few 5 minute clips is fairly easy.

You can choose which card it writes to so if you get an hour of video you want to keep but don't want to go through it all marking it as protected you can just swap cards, either physically or in the menu. You can also write to the cards sequentially so effectively with two 128GB cards you have 256GB of storage before it loops. (I've not actually tested that but the manual says it will do it.) In that case you would need to swap out one of your cards for a spare in order to copy the accident video to the spare for the police officer to take.

Normally if you are in a position to copy the video then the police are happy for you to send them the video later but obviously it's better to give it to them at the time as then there is no question of it having been tampered with.

Hope that answers the question...

Thanks for your reply Nigel,

Such behavior makes sense - that's exactly what I wanted to know.

When will you have the optional "Parking Guard Mounting Bracket" available?
@ Nigel, we have checked with manufacturer, the parking guard mounting bracket is still in developing status, which is something with built-in gps module with charging function.So it is not available for sales,but if we get updated news that this bracket is available to release,we will update our product Mini0806 description then.
Pls focus on the website change

Joovuu.com

Yoovuu
When are you going to update your website? I am looking to buy the 0806 with CLP but not GPS.
Thanks Tony

Yoovuu
When are you going to update your website? I am looking to buy the 0806 with CLP but not GPS.
Thanks Tony
@Tony,our shop owner said he would update the price for Mini0806 soon.
Thanks for your support to our shop,
good luck,
www.joovuu.com

Well it looks like an update has been made, however it would appear that I can now only order an 0806 with either a GPS, or a CPL, or a Parking mount, but not any combination of more than one of them (i.e GPS and CPL)?. Maybe the site entry needs clarifying as to exactly what is available in each package?.

Many thanks for the quick update, not sure if there is a problem with the site or if I mis-understand, but every time I try to checkout with paypal I am getting returned to your site with an error (no further details given), is this because this is a pre-order item and therefore I can't checkout until it is in stock?
I have tried contacting you via your site 'contact us' but have not received a reply yet, so am assuming your not at 'work' until tomorrow.
Thanks

I already ordered from the USA site. Is that with the parking guard?

Parking Guard with constant power supply have not been finished yet.
there will be a seperate Parking Guard Mount later which provide power and GPS signal.

there will be a seperate Parking Guard Mount later which provide power and GPS signal.

Do you know when the 0806 will be shipped out to buyers?

I'm in the US and would like to order without Gps and with CPL filter. Which @@JooVuu site should I order from?
D

Last edited:
I just looked at the pictures of the mini 806 on the pre-order site... what's with the silver panel now on the LCD side of it? I don't want anything shiny, bright nor attractive on my car dash cams!
The whole idea is to be as stealthy and un-noticeable as much as possible both to not attract attention and to invite prying eye car thieves. Why'd you go an make it silver? Please I hope you are going to have all dark and black versions available too.

Back