Hands on Mini 0806 Ambarella A7LA50 dash camera

yes ..simultaneously
but...it is like the 3 head cassette deck...if you still have one
a feature that you can play the track just recorded 3 mm before..while the deck is still recording.
so you can adjust the line in quality.
in dashcam...it is just a feature to ensure data go into the card can be readable.
I won't be driving and reviewing.. a peak at the lcd at stop light.
I bet Koreans will incorporate this feature into their next development.

Last edited:
@cf7, you have a very very good idea,but it will require 2 LCD,one for playback,the other for recording.Or it will require something like picture in picture.
For single camera,it will be too hard,maybe dual camera could realize this possiblely.

If we neglect it is a dash camera,we assume it to be the mobile phone or action camera,it also can not playback when recording .
I guess we could dream something more workable such as:extend one more screen by connecting dash camera with mobile phine by WIFI,and the APK,APP include picture in picture features,then we could have the feature of playback while recording.

Joovuu.com

not necessary 2 lcd, but a processor with software enable switches. I do know there will be more heat generated. the follow through instant play back is not necessary high resolution .

not necessary 2 lcd, but a processor with software enable switches. I do know there will be more heat generated. the follow through instant play back is not necessary high resolution .
You would need an expensive SD card to be able to cope with simultaneous reading and writing at a decent data rate.

It doesn't appear to be an issue anyway since the data is stored digitally thus perfectly so you don't need to check the quality of the magnetic tape and analogue signal processing. To see the quality it is sufficient to look at the live view which is available on the 0806.

even digital can fail...
it is a fruit for vendors...

even digital can fail...
it is a fruit for vendors...

only if Ambarella or other chipset designing company make a super powerful MCU and release the SDK.
otherwise, it will be a Mission Impossible

Does the circular polarising filter come as an in box accessory, or is it to be purchased separately?

separately accessory in a small plastic case. which can be placed in the camera packaging for shipping if you order both.

optional accessories:
24mm CPL filter, spare mounting bracket, Parking Guard mounting bracket and 12V power lead, hardwire kit, HDMI cable, AV-out cable, microSD-USB card reader, microSD-microUSB OTG card reader, microSD-SD adapter, microSD-WiFiSD adapter, microSD card(s), and so on

Rayman.chan

seems you did a great job sending the samples out....

Any chance of setting up somewhere we can buy direct and cut the middle men out ;);)

please !

separately accessory in a small plastic case. which can be placed in the camera packaging for shipping if you order both.

Thank you. I've, perhaps unwisely, preordered mine and am looking forward to recieving it - better order a CPL too.

Thank you. I've, perhaps unwisely, preordered mine and am looking forward to recieving it - better order a CPL too.
If you have ordered from joovuu the "Presale!MEG Mini 0806,Mini 0803 pro ultra mini size 1296P 30FPS dash camera car dvr dual 128GB TF card slot ,GPS,CPL" then I would say that based on the title it includes both a GPS mounting bracket and the optional CPL included in the price, doesn't mention the other accessories though...

I think everyone should get the CPL, it can make a big difference.

Is it safe to put the cam in parking mode? I'm just scared to use that feature since my vehicle is a hybrid and last thing I want is a dead battery. Would it reduce the battery lifespan since the cam is draining it until a certain voltage drop?

These aren't designed for parking mode, if you want that get a camera without an internal battery and a low battery cutoff device

These aren't designed for parking mode, if you want that get a camera without an internal battery and a low battery cutoff device

On joovou it says parking mode is supported. Are you saying this device is not recommend for that feature? Its not a big deal for me since I didn't want to mess with my cars electrical system in the first place.

Is it safe to put the cam in parking mode? I'm just scared to use that feature since my vehicle is a hybrid and last thing I want is a dead battery. Would it reduce the battery lifespan since the cam is draining it until a certain voltage drop?
I would think that a hybrid would have so much battery storage that you don't need to worry about a little camera!

The parking guard function in my prototype currently uses no power from the car battery so it's not an issue, but the final version will use some, I don't know how much as I haven't tested it yet. It is definitely designed to be used, but requires the optional "Parking Guard mounting bracket and 12V power lead" so that it knows when to switch to parking guard mode. Parking Guard mode reduces storage and I assume power usage.

I would think that a hybrid would have so much battery storage that you don't need to worry about a little camera!

The parking guard function in my prototype currently uses no power from the car battery so it's not an issue, but the final version will use some, I don't know how much as I haven't tested it yet. It is definitely designed to be used, but requires the optional "Parking Guard mounting bracket and 12V power lead" so that it knows when to switch to parking guard mode. Parking Guard mode reduces storage and I assume power usage.

How is it getting power if its not using battery? Do u know when the parking mount will be available because I preordered the mini 806 already? Thank you

How is it getting power if its not using battery? Do u know when the parking mount will be available because I preordered the mini 806 already? Thank you
Mine uses its internal battery, seems to last several days, maybe longer but I'd have to stop using it to find out!

The version that uses the Parking Guard mount will have to use the car battery since it is continuously recording video when parked, although with a slow frame rate unless its G-Sensor detects a shock in which case it switches to normal frame rate. Mine doesn't do the slow frame rate, just watches the G-Sensor and starts recording if it detects a shock - doesn't need the parking guard mount for that.

I don't know if both those modes of operation will be available on the released version, or maybe on the second release?

I assume the parking guard mount will be available with the first production units since it is described in the manual but I don't know, don't think Rayman is around for the next few days so you may have to wait for a proper answer. It is an option so I assume your order will not include it unless it was specifically listed as included.

Back