HDR will be added on A119

I don't understand the question, sorry. Please explain more.

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't understand the question, sorry. Please explain more.

enjoy,
Mtz

I speculated earlier in this thread that HDR "might" be implemented in the A119 using the same method attempted in the Mobius 2 which used the 60 fps capability of the camera to shoot two simultaneous images at 30fps. One image was exposed for the shadows and the other exposed for the highlights and the two frames were combined in real time. Since this method requires a 60fps capable camera it would not work in 1440p mode for the A119.

Until Viofo provides a definitive explanation of the technique they intend to use for HDR we can only speculate.

I don't know how many time ago Mobius tried to implement the HDR feature, but the one tested by @viofo is offered by Novatek in their latest SDK, it is a recent implementation. So maybe Novatek is using another method compared to Peter method and this is why I wrote that will be available also for 2K resolution.

enjoy,
Mtz

I don't know how many time ago Mobius tried to implement the HDR feature, but the one tested by @viofo is offered by Novatek in their latest SDK, it is a recent implementation. So maybe Novatek is using another method compared to Peter method and this is why I wrote that will be available also for 2K resolution.

enjoy,
Mtz

I suppose it will depend on the method Novatek uses for HDR in their latest SDK, so I guess we will need to wait and see.

@viofo, do you plan to work on HDR feature for the S version (119S with imx291), please?

It's exactly what we need for the A119S.
Theoretically the sony sensor is low light capable, but all we have in night condition are bright white licence plates most of the time..exactly the same what you have on your test picture, the page 1, for the 119 without HDR.
I have tried activating on the 119S the WDR, some kind of multi exposure option, but it didn't work, so I've put it OFF at the end.
Maybe lower EV will help but the A119S has already darker image then other dashcams (strange for sony imx291?) and even without the CPL.
Sony is capable up to the specs but in the reality, the nigh footage is dark and lowering the EV will push it down; while the sharpness should be better.
The right answer will be probably the HDR or whatever you call it in your marketing dept.

I installed it but in my case after camera starts and do nothing. No any button works anymore,after unplugging it off the power source, screen won't go off but stays long time. I think it is soft bricked.

I installed it but in my case after camera starts and do nothing. No any button works anymore,after unplugging it off the power source, screen won't go off but stays long time. I think it is soft bricked.

reload the previous firmware and see if it goes back to normal (it should)

Yup I can confirm. Installing Beta FW made my Viofo softbricked, I had to revert 3.3 FW and it works ok.
Here it is how it looks like after beta FW:

yrbhL2y.jpg

Yup I can confirm. Installing Beta FW made my Viofo softbricked,
Mine too. Nice active live picture but no status lay over and no button action. Also tried with microSD card removed - same results. When pull power, pictures just fades out. Can't get to menu. On microSD card, ...bin file was erased. {Edit: When reconnecting to computer, do not get the blue MASS STORAGE screen}.

Last edited:
^^ It is interesting to know on what does Viofo tests firmware out? They test it out for about a month, but public beta is useless. I presume on their end it worked, but it seems they had different camera or tested it only in virtual environment :D
Anyway, glad to see progress of releasing it.

It could be a bad upload or a glitch during firmware compilation for a public beta. I'll wait for a fresh link.

@viofo

If this firmware is not working in your cameras this means that the firmware was working on their testing cameras which can have some hardware different. I consider it is an uploading mistake and was uploaded their firmware instead of our firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

If this firmware is not working in your cameras this means that the firmware was working on their testing cameras which can have some hardware different. I consider it is an uploading mistake and was uploaded their firmware instead of our firmware.

enjoy,
Mtz

just as likely a corrupt file

I thought the ADAS feature is not integrated in this test firmware, will update the firmware today.

Back