HDR will be added on A119

WDR option is still there, isn't HDR supposed to replace WDR?

WDR option is still there, isn't HDR supposed to replace WDR?
WDR is generally - do you want the shadows brightened or not while leaving the rest unchanged, while HDR tends to be about not overexposing the bright lights and sky while leaving the rest unchanged, might be nice to have options for both.

I was expecting the WDR to be removed from menu. :O

enjoy,
Mtz

If WDR is on, then HDR is off I noticed.
Glad to see that HDR works even at 2K resolution and 1080@60.

So far I see improvement, image is better :D

Quick comparison

Current firmware 3.3

WDR - OFF

38086955486_5f8806522f_o.png

WDR - ON

38142060181_3c9d55a7a7_o.png

Beta firmware with HDR

WDR - OFF, HDR - OFF

38086959336_9d82cbd314_o.png

WDR - ON, HDR - OFF

24290352988_e3f97c58bf_o.png

WDR - OFF, HDR - ON

38142066801_cdfd23c5ff_o.png

There's a strobe like effect from headlights and streetlights with HDR - ON.

As mentioned by Forsberg, can't have both, turning on HDR turns WDR off.

it looks much better. I just need to calibrate the pixel. HDR off = 0 hot pixels, HDR on = trilion hot pixels. (and replace the scratched window)

There's a strobe like effect from headlights and streetlights with HDR - ON.
I can only see it on the streetlights, maybe you have the 50/60Hz set wrong?

The HDR will be using a very fast exposure for the lights so maybe not possible to remove the flickering.

So... you guys think the HDR is an overall improvement?

So... you guys think the HDR is an overall improvement?

For number plate capture, a definite yes. Screenshots from the current firmware (3.3) under same lighting conditions and speed (compare with the ones above your post).

oldlp.png

oldlp2.png

oldlp3.png

"Parking Mode" setting disappeared from the "Menu"... :eek:

I know. :) v. 3.4.
also I was suggested by a firmware loader to format a card after the upgrade which I ignored and upon a reboot the firmware started the upgrade again! :eek:
the firmware file was not deleted by a firmware! :eek:
I learned my lesson and on a second camera upgrade formatted the card (a new one) right after the upgrade. :)
also it was "very hard" to get into a "Menu" because of that "Please format the card" message. that message usually tells me there is something wrong with the card. :eek: you have to catch a moment to get into a "Menu".
just to let the others know. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
also I was suggested by a firmware loader to format a card after the upgrade which I ignored and upon a reboot the firmware started the upgrade again

Was there an easter egg in the program somewhere

Easy as she goes. Let the dust settle and we will see where we go from here. Have patience. Mine loaded normally without any peculiar problems so far as I can tell.:cool:

do you guys see a huge difference with HDR on here are 2 videos and youtube sucks.
HDR on
WDR on don't remember what firmware is on

Don't use HDR on 1080p. It has really lot hot pixels. The 1440p have smal or zero hot pixels, and the image is also better.

I have an issue with the 3.4 not saving my settings, i already re upload the firmware 3 times and the settings won't save, anyone haven't any issues with the firmware.

Back