HELP! SG Acting up again!

I have had pretty good luck with mine at over 2 years. I think it was this way for a couple days at first install. Clock battery may be going bad. Did have a rear camera that was out of focus. BlackboxMyCar was on the ball replacing it. Even with all the problems people have been posting about theirs, I still bought a 590 for the wifes car. Every brand has some sort problem pop up. You just need to buy from the right people to get great support. Recently got my first Street Guardian and more to come. I don't have any worries about those either with the great support SGUSA and jokiin give in here. Debating on holding out for the new DR model coming out. So far I am liking my SGGCX2, not so much the suction cup mount I got for it though.

I want to make sure I'm doing this right...the usb plug to the hardwire, and the cam plug to the rear camera??

Correct.
I want to make sure I'm doing this right...the usb plug to the hardwire, and the cam plug to the rear camera??

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

No problem.

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

That's a beautiful sight. My Rec light blinking! Thanks everybody, especially Street Guardian. I will put the old camera in the mail in the morning.

My camera ran smooth for days. I enjoyed seeing it start up and the REC light blink. I havn't touched it. Today, it stopped. It was blank for awhile, now the REC light just stays on. This is getting old.

Edit: duplicate threads merged
______

Hello no need to keep creating new forum threads.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/help-sg-acting-up-again.35692/

I’ve asked you to call our support number multiple times so we can walk through everything and discuss real time. (But you’ve yet to contact me directly for support) The other posts you made over the last few weeks were not clear enough and I really think a phone call is needed.
-Jon
775-419-6222
I sent a private message asking for your phone number in the past as well.

Last edited:
superior support can only go so far if both sides do not cooperate 100%.

I paid a lot of money for a dashcam. All I ask is that it works. I don't think that's asking too much.

Indeed thats not too much to ask, but as this are now the #2 camera that have gone wonky then there must be something wrong, or you will be setting some new kind of record.
So Jon want to get in touch with you on the phone as thats by far the best way to iron out issues, not least between two people speaking the same language.

Pretty much any other brand will have been doing far less for you than people have already tried.
If you dont want to call Jon in Nevada i am sure you can text him your number and have him call you on a date / time to your liking.

If you’re not able to do basic troubleshooting such as formatting the card in the settings menu or updating the firmware yourself, you’ll need to ship me everything and I’ll test it all on the bench. That’s the only option if you don’t want to call me for one on one support. I’m happy to do it that way.

never fear, support is always here.
im starting to rave now.

Jon, I will call you soon. Thanks

@Captain thanks for calling. I’m glad we determined an unknown 3rd party power supply was being used. This would explain why 2 cameras in a row are failing. (Need to use an official stable Street Guardian power supply, 2-wire Cig or 3-wire SGDCHW)

I think the 128gb memory card you bought from Walmart is in a stuck corrupted state. (Since things return to normal using the included cigarette power with the card left out).

Since you’re unable to run SD Formatter via Mac/Windows, Let me know how the new 32GB test card goes you’re picking up soon and we’ll go from there.

Last edited:
Somebody told me I could use the same power wire I used for the SG9665GC. Can you send the one I need? I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes. Nice talking to you and I appreciate your help.

Somebody told me I could use the same power wire I used for the SG9665GC. Can you send the one I need? I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes. Nice talking to you and I appreciate your help.

When we talked on the phone you said you weren’t sure what brand power supply it was or where/when you bought it. I was under the impression it was an unknown 3rd party power supply. Better to use the new power supply at this point Regardless to rule out anything going on with the old power supply.

Can you send that? Also I'm interested in getting the wireing for setting up my vehicle for recording while I'm parked. Maybe you can help me with that. I bought the new 32g card today. Instruct me what do do at this point. It's only 6:45 where you are, 9:45 here. Have a great day Jon.

Back