HELP! SG Acting up again!

Can you send that? Also I'm interested in getting the wireing for setting up my vehicle for recording while I'm parked. Maybe you can help me with that. I bought the new 32g card today. Instruct me what do do at this point. It's only 6:45 where you are, 9:45 here. Have a great day Jon.

Let’s make sure you have the basics working first before adding parking mode. SGDCHW is an optional $29.95 3-wire parking mode accessory cable available on our main website and Amazon. You’ll want to have it professionally installed. You’ll also need to update to an even newer firmware coming out soon that enhances parking mode function further.

You said your 128GB Walmart Card causes the dashcam to lockup. You indicated you only saw a Solid red LED and then the REC button and menu button were unresponsive.

When you ejected the 128GB card you said the menu button responded and worked normal.

This indicates the 128GB is bad or in a corrupted state.

Like we did on the phone, leave the rear cable and gps unplugged as we test.

Make sure you’re using the included official SG9663DC cigarette power cable not your old power cable.

Unplug power cable, insert the new 32GB Card, plug power back on and let us know how it behaves

It should boot up and begin recoding automatically.

You should be able to stop the recoding by pressing the REC button once.

Once recoding stops you should be able to press the Menu button and the menu screen will appear.

That’s means you have the CPUSB01 power supply (not meant for the SG9663DC) connected to an always hot/energized circuit. You should not be leaving power connected to the SG9663DC 24/7 like that. If you want the SG9663DC recording after the engine is cut you need to connect a SHDCHW to replace that CPUSB01.

I do not want it running when the engine is cut off. It cut off when it was hardwired. is the cigarette power cord for the GC the same as the one for the DC? just tell me what to do...

No not the same, don’t use any other power supply from any other product.

Only use 1 of the following.

Use the included Cigarette power supply that was in the SG9663DC

Or

Buy and install the SGDCHW and have it professionally installed.

Also,
Is your cigarette port hot/energized when the engine is off? If yes, using the cigarette port for power won’t work. Some Fords and other trucks have always hot/energized cigarette ports.

I have a Ford Explorer. I had it plugged in the cigarette lighter today like I told you and it worked. So the wire kit I got from Amazon I showed you that was from SG that I hard wired, I shouldn't use?

I have a Ford Explorer. I had it plugged in the cigarette lighter today like I told you and it worked. So the wire kit I got from Amazon I showed you that was from SG that I hard wired, I shouldn't use?

yes don't use that, it's not suitable for the SG9663DC

OK. So the power cords are not interchangeable though they look basically the same> I used the old GC today and it worked, but I should use the one for the DC right?

OK. So the power cords are not interchangeable though they look basically the same> I used the old GC today and it worked, but I should use the one for the DC right?

yes, that one is fine for the GC, no issue there, it has much lower power requirement

So to hard wire can you send me the kit I need? I don't want to use the cigarette lighter all the time.

Is your cigarette port hot/energized when the engine is off? If yes, using the cigarette port for power won’t work. Some Fords and other trucks have always hot/energized cigarette ports.
You can add Jeep Wranglers to that list. They have two ports, one is full time hot and the other is part time. The full time comes in handy for keeping the battery charged with the solar charger.
For some strange reason, I have found this thread a bit entertaining. You guys have a lot of patience. I am cheering for Team SG from the side lines.

I did the GC install. Is is more difficult than that? I should be able to find someone.

I did the GC install. Is is more difficult than that? I should be able to find someone.

the cig plug can be cutoff the included power lead for hardwiring (that's why we have the 5v converter on the cable instead of the plug) so that there's no need to purchase another lead, but depends if that's something you're comfortable doing or not

I think like last time, I will keep the cig wire intact in case I need it down the road and just tell me what I need and cost. thanks

Ok Jon, then I should be good to go then right? And I need a 64g card, and format it?

Ok Jon, then I should be good to go then right? And I need a 64g card, and format it?

You’re not good to go if you don’t make some changes to power.

You’ll be good to go if you cut the male cig plug off to hard wire that to a Switched Accessory circuit. (One only hot/energized with the engine running)

Or

Purchase the SGDCHW and have it professionally installed. You asked me to send you one but they are not free unfortunately.

Since the new 32GB Card you tested today is working it’s safe to say the 128GB Card you bought from Walmart is not good.

The following is the best bang for the buck price va high quality A1 card. You can use any size up to 400gb

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B073JYVKNX

Last edited:
I think like last time, I will keep the cig wire intact in case I need it down the road and just tell me what I need and cost. thanks
I am not doing a permanent install on my SGGCX2 yet. So I cut the end off and made it more modular so I can still move it among different vehicles.

Attachments

• sgpower.jpg
    sgpower.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 18
Back