How do I hardwire for parking mode?

Do you have a multi-meter?
Have a check its yellow wire output voltage before and after the engine ignition on;

And tell me your firmware version on your dash cam also!

Thank you for this! - So now, UPDATE: I ordered this from your link & installed it now, just last night. Red wire to "HOT" (always on/BATT), Yellow wire to "ACC" (only comes on with key on) & of course black to ground. The B4k now appears to simply just plain STAY ON ALL THE TIME! :oops: - I am perplexed. ... :unsure:

I have both moved the "2nd switch" between its 2 alternate settings, and played with the camera parking mode settings (from all completely off - to any/all combinations... Motion, Event, or G-Shock) - absolutely no difference at all. The cam seems to be simply now ALWAYS POWERED (and fully "ON")! :rolleyes:

Now what / what is going on???
Try swapping Red with Yellow.. Some reason I am seeing alot of hardwiring cabling where these are swapped around.. do your wires have labels on them? maybe double check them.

Now I'm not too sure of the best way to wire up a dashcam for parking mode and I'm not an expert when it comes to parking mode, but this is how I have done it...

When a dashcam goes into parking mode, it basically goes into a state of hibernation. The dashcam is sleeping but is constantly on alert. It does not record anything and draws very little current. When the dashcam detects movement through motion detection it starts recording for a set amount of time then switches back to hibernation.

You can purchase a 5v hardwire kit with 3 input wires and 2 output wires. These input leads are red (12v positive), black (Ground), and yellow (ACC) as below:

s-l1600.jpgs-l1600 (1).jpg

The red wire is connected to the 12v circuit within the vehicle that switches on when the ignition switch is turned on. The yellow wire (ACC) is connected to a part of the vehicles circuit that is constantly on whether the ignition switch is on or off. The black wire is connected to the vehicles earth (Ground).

However, to enable the parking mode function on a dashcam a 3 wire 5v hardwire kit is not needed (red, black, yellow) but only 2 wire connections (red and black) as below:

747n5sn74tq61.jpg

All basically the yellow wire is for is to provide a 12vDC supply constantly to the camera.

If you were to wire the dashcam up as below with a SPDT (MTS-102) switch...

SPDT Switch1.jpg
you could have the options as below:
NB: the wire marked as 'Other wire' is just any wire connected to side 2 of SW2 and the ACC of the vehicle.

Normal recording mode: The dashcam turns on when the ignition switch (SW1) is on. SW2 is in position 1 and the engine is running.
1Driving Mode.jpg

Parking mode:
The SPDT (SW2) is in position 2. The ignition switch (SW1) is off, the engine is not running but the dashcam is in hibernation and is constantly on alert. The dashcam is drawing very little current. Also in this mode if you were to be for example stopped by police or other reason with the engine off, just flick SW2 to position 2 and the camera will continue to record.
1Parking Mode.jpg
Dashcam fully off mode: The SPDT (SW2) is in position 1, the ignition is off. The dashcam is completely off and is completely isolated from the battery. This can be used where you know the vehicle is in a safe location (in a garage of a house for example).
3DashCam Off.jpg

E&OE
NB: Please let me know if I have missed anything and I will correct it - Thanks

Last edited:
Thank you for this! - So now, UPDATE: I ordered this from your link & installed it now, just last night. Red wire to "HOT" (always on/BATT), Yellow wire to "ACC" (only comes on with key on) & of course black to ground. The B4k now appears to simply just plain STAY ON ALL THE TIME! :oops: - I am perplexed. ... :unsure:

I have both moved the "2nd switch" between its 2 alternate settings, and played with the camera parking mode settings (from all completely off - to any/all combinations... Motion, Event, or G-Shock) - absolutely no difference at all. The cam seems to be simply now ALWAYS POWERED (and fully "ON")! :rolleyes:

Now what / what is going on???
I'm having this exact same issue. I've hardwired the red to hot and yellow to acc and the camera is recording 24/7. Did you find a solution?

I'm having this exact same issue. I've hardwired the red to hot and yellow to acc and the camera is recording 24/7. Did you find a solution?
Try swapping red and yellow

Is your hardwire kit from us? The newer version has two switches on the hardwire kit!

Toggle its "parking signal switch" to the other side?
More details here: https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/blueskysea-b4k-hardwiring-kit-review.43910/post-537421
Tried the switch in both positions and no change. The camera records constantly whether the car is on or off. Changing the parking mode settings in the camera has no effect either. I've swapped the red and yellow wires and will see if that fixes it.

Update: Camera now powers off when the ignition is switched off. However, parking mode does not seem to work. I've flicked the camera and bounced the car by the bumper and it hasn't recorded anything yet. Guess I'll have to mess around with the parking mode settings to get it to work, hopefully.

Update 2: I'm directly wiring the hardwire kit into the auxiliary switch wires on a Jeep Gladiator, so not using fuse taps. When I wire the red wire on the kit to the constant on and yellow wire to switched/acc, the camera records 24/7 no matter what. When I reverse and wire the red to switch/acc and yellow to constant on, the camera powers down with the engine and no parking mode works. Really frustrated that this kit doesn't work as expected. If anyone has advice I would welcome it!

Last edited:
Tell me your firmware version and related settings, I will try to re-act this problem on my camera!

Tell me your firmware version and related settings, I will try to re-act this problem on my camera!
Firmware B4k_20210709_V010.

Only settings I changed from default were the wifi password, the time zone to Central, front 4K/rear 1080p, and I switched among the parking guard modes.

I also noticed the camera would not maintain the correct time. Every time I changed it to the correct time it would switch back to one hour earlier automatically.

Just to update here, I received a new hardwire kit and reinstalled over the weekend, now the camera and parking mode work exactly as expected.

I have hardwired my B4K for parking mode and confirmed it's getting power with ACC on and off but it doesn't show any recorded files when in parking mode. If I press the menu button with the ignition off, the screen lights up and it seems like it's recording but when I look at the files on the SD card there is nothing there for parking mode. It's recording fine when driving. When I turn the ignition on I get the Blueskysea startup screen is that correct?

Also I've noticed the G Sensior keeps reverting to 'Off'. I have to keep setting it to 'Medium' all the time?

If I press the menu button with the ignition off, the screen lights up and it seems like it's recording but when I look at the files on the SD card there is nothing there for parking mode
If you option with "Event triggered" parking mode, only saved footage clip if it was triggered by an impact; or else it keeps recording without saving in the memory card!

If you option with "Event triggered" parking mode, only saved footage clip if it was triggered by an impact; or else it keeps recording without saving in the memory card!
Ah I see. I tried to hit a few times but it didn't trigger a recording. I wonder if that's because the G Sensor setting keeps resetting to Off

I spent some time testing the B4K with the 3-wire cable hooked up to a Cellink Neo and it didn't work properly for me either. The dashcam would simply record continuously in driving mode until the battery drained, even with the dashcam set to record in parking mode with event triggered mode. I guess I'm not the only one who had issues getting it working.

I wonder if that's because the G Sensor setting keeps resetting to Off
Set up its G-sensor level Middle! And you can get more details from @rgc530 video
I spent some time testing the B4K with the 3-wire cable hooked up to a Cellink Neo and it didn't work properly for me either
B4K parking mode cannot support with an extra battery pack!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J B4K 2
Ussefvilla B4K 10
G B4K 4
A B4K 6
Arium B4K 5
Back