Install dash cam on the car's REAR shelf with the camera lens pointing towards the FRONT of the car?

S

SandraWIhan

I was messing with my dash cam while sitting in the back seat as a passenger. I plugged it into the factory USB ports in the rear armrest. It then occurred to me that the view from the back seat actually showed more, compared to having the dash cam on the windshield. I took suction cup mount off the windshield and put it on the car's REAR shelf. The only smooth surface was the first aid kit compartment door on the shelf, so I stuck it there. The only problem is that my cheap $200 dash cam has a little problem with the dark/bright scenes because the interior of the car occupies the very top and bottom of the shot. (my dash cam has no manual exposure control)

Still.. the view tells a better story if I get T-boned or sidswiped or something like that... Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:

Y3HhNC9.png

Last edited by a moderator:
you forgot to add a screenshot ;)

Seems a very strange "screenshot" to me..

That's a polandball comic.

Is nice. At least is about romania with a small „r”.
I have recordings with dashcam mounted at the back of the driver because it was a van.
The view is amazing when watching the recording as a movie, but not so good if you want to see the license plates from the cars which are in traffic in front of you.

That recording is from Romania. This is too, but with another camera which was mounted directly on the windshield.

Here is the temporary mount for the first video.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited by a moderator:
Back