JAEWONCNC IROAD IONE-3800FU

It is the same quality as yours. Just different recording conditions. When moving the camera you can see some macroblocks.

Your recordings have unacceptable quality. No matter the price. You are not paying for macroblocks, but for a clear image.

Well this is interesting. I was about to send it back for an exchange/repair per Ebay Sellers advice after showing him the video. He said lens needs to be repositioned. I'll probably try flashing the firmware and see if any improvement.

Snow, have you mounted your device? How is the video quality? Are your images, license plates in focus? Blocks/pixelation? Have you flashed the new firmware ok?

Ipaq said:
He said lens needs to be repositioned.
For sure your problem is not from the lens position. Maybe he tried to say something about focus. Also there is no focus problem.
Install the new firmware and try to make the same recording conditions, like, street, trees, light.

enjoy,
Mtz

He meant three lens needs to be repositioned inside cuz its out of focus. I doubt it would help... I should just return it but I really want to get videos like they advertised, I think its even better than finevu's videos. If they were real videos

Hi Ipaq,

The focus on your camera seems ok. You can read many details and it is not blurry. The color and brightness is way off making the overall picture look bad. The low overall bit rate is causing the pixelation. Firmware might fix these...if it doesn't, returning it may be your best bet.

I dun think my camera is in focus... The plates and street signs are all blurry / a blob compare to the promotional videos (still waiting for others to chime in if it's actually possible to achieve as sharp an image as the promotional videos)

Just flashed the firmware released today, now the file info says 80000 kpbs data. A big difference from prior 10000 kbps? But the video still suck!

On their website FAQ it lists, if the image is out of focus, possible overexposure, and recommend slanting camera down? For people who have more experiences with dashcam, do you think that would make a difference? Right now mine is facing straight forward, parallel to floor, cannot slant any further downward due to windshield. I've also mountedit sort of 2/3 up of my windshield instead of all the way at top like most people. Would that degrade the image/focus?

The dashcams have fixed focus.
The only problem which can appear is if your camera is at a big distance from your windshield and on your windshield are some bugs, lines, dots and the camera will focus on that things. But this is not the case for you.

Even the lens are not focused OK, how will you solve the problem?

If your videos are not much better with the new firmware I will keep saying that I just don't believe in the chipset used in this camera. The codec inside it is just not good. Maybe some bitrate up to 12000kbps (from your new 8000kbps) and some tweaking regarding colors, white balance can save this camera, but for this they need to have a smart firmware developer which knows what to do. Until know on korean cameras I didn't saw miracles after the initial firmware version.

Mtz

I bought 2 from Korea and the GPS in both of them hardly work. Is there any solution?
Bridge

Too much time to find the GPS satellites when starting the camera or during your driving the GPS signal is lost?

enjoy,
Mtz

More importantly, how is your video quality?

Hi.
Im new in this forum. Ive recently purchased a IROAD IONE-3800FU . I posted few videos on YouTube.
I've installed the latest English firmware on the product and English viewer on my PC.Also gps is connected to the product with the green LED on.It does not record GPS location and info like Speed and etc.The time is wrong too. When you watch recorded videos map is stuck in Seoul but Im in UK.Also there is no voice announcement despite its turned on . Can anyone help with this please?
Forgot to mention- There are 3 options for G sencor high,medium and low. When you leave it on medium its too sensitive so keeps recording events.
On low you have to smack it right hard to respond.

I dun have the GPS but you can manually update the time via microsd.

How is your video quality though? The manufacturer videos look so nice and sharp and mine is blurry can't make out plates. Also do you get large blocking and pixelation? Fullhd my ass...

I saw ur vids, and u dun seem to have much blocking and is relatively clear. Maybe mines just broken. Oh well

Have you tried adjusting camera angle? It should be facing horisontally, not facing up.

Yes I have noticed facing camera slightly downward decreaes glare thus sharpens image a little. My main problem is when the car is MOVING, and when ther are a lot of complex objects such as tree branches, the video becomes extremely blocky and pixelated. Have you experienced this?

Back