JooVuu X Camera

@JooVuu
looking good. Lots of features we wanted.

Pictures don't show all sides.
Does it really have the smallest micro hdmi as you mentioned or it's a typo for mini hdmi as others?

Also, what about mounting hardware?
I see there is a tripod socket.

How does fov changes affect video quality in your testing?

Have a look at the pictures at www.x.joovuu.com there's a lot more there ;) . You can even take a 'tour' of the camera.

Mounting we are hoping to include a really unique different mount as standard but this will be announced in due time. We will also be selling a hole range of different mounting options that can be bought separately.

FOV from our very early tests has not affected video quality at all but again this is very early stages. We are confident but we are not even at our first beta test stage and as such do not want to comment to much on quality yet, but let me state this: We have a whole raft of engineers developing the firmware and ALL testing will be done outside of China. Our consultant Mehdi also makes explosion proof cameras as well as working for NG and as such reliability and quality are pretty much the name of the game, so having him on board has really upped everything we are doing.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

Attachments

• magnet-suction-cup-bracket-with-14inch-tripod-thread.jpg
    magnet-suction-cup-bracket-with-14inch-tripod-thread.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 16
  • micro-3m-adhesive-mount.jpg
    micro-3m-adhesive-mount.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 18
  • mobius-car-mount.jpg
    mobius-car-mount.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 14
https://www.joovuu.com/gb/home/268-magnet-suction-cup-bracket-with-14inch-tripod-thread.html
https://www.joovuu.com/gb/in-car-cameras/39-mobius-car-mount.html

There are too many brackets to fit for different applications since 1/4inch tripod thread is nearly compatible for most mounts

I prefer ball joint or at least something that allows some panning instead of just back and forth.

What about cpl filter?

Confirmed it is micro hdmi:)

White - Back.png

Mounting we are hoping to include a really unique different mount as standard but this will be announced in due time. We will also be selling a hole range of different mounting options that can be bought separately.
I'm excited for some kind of belt clip. Also glad to see a Micro USB port and not something proprietary.

I prefer ball joint or at least something that allows some panning instead of just back and forth.

What about cpl filter?

Confirmed it is micro hdmi:)

CPL is probably not going to happen, however this is not 100% confirmed and we have a few tricks up our sleaves to maybe get this implemented but realistically this probably will not be included in this camera.

I'm excited for some kind of belt clip. Also glad to see a Micro USB port and not something proprietary.

I'll get a picture of the belt clip added to the website and post it on here - it may be tonight but it should be up before midnight.

Kind regards,

Dan

I noticed that there is no heatsink,
how cooling is working, or is this somehow cooler than one camera which name i don't want to say?

I'll get a picture of the belt clip added to the website and post it on here - it may be tonight but it should be up before midnight.
Thanks Dan
You guys really seem to be picking the ball back up here.
This is one of those few cameras that I get excited reading about.

What about cpl filter? If with CPL,it will looks like the attached picture,size does not match with our slim discreet camera.
Confirmed it is micro hdmi:) Micro HDMI

White%20-%20Back.png

Attachments

• CPL render副本.jpg
    CPL render副本.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 48
how cooling is working, or is this somehow cooler than one camera which name i don't want to say?

Hi @Sabe ,
On the left hand side of the camera (opposite the buttons) there is a metal plaque that also acts as a heat sink, you may also notice the 'slights' on the side of the camera, that allow air to come easily in and out. By changing to a super capacitor as well we greatly reduced the heat. We also have other mechanisms in place that currently we do not want to discuss that also help with heat dissipation and ventilation.

Thanks Dan
You guys really seem to be picking the ball back up here.
This is one of those few cameras that I get excited reading about.

Thank you! It's taken us a long time to design and go over everything but we're pretty freaking pleased with it. There are not many posts on DCT, car camera websites, reviews (amazong including) which I have not read. I've also spent hours upon hours reading up on electronic engineering and looking at what has been done well, what has not, what can be improved up, what is already good, and we think this is a pretty good reflection of that. There have been some really tough choices (look at JooVuu allen's post about CPL filter) where I didn't sleep for days, which had to be made but in the end I think we have a great camera. Once we get to a far enough stage I'll get some video's up to demonstrate the quality but that will not be for about a month or so.

Kind regards,

Dan

Hi @Sabe ,
On the left hand side of the camera (opposite the buttons) there is a metal plaque that also acts as a heat sink, you may also notice the 'slights' on the side of the camera, that allow air to come easily in and out. By changing to a super capacitor as well we greatly reduced the heat. We also have other mechanisms in place that currently we do not want to discuss that also help with heat dissipation and ventilation.
Thanks, i only want to know that it's ok and taken care of, and if it's cooler than the other then this is again one on the plus side of your camera.
I like that form factor and most probably i will be one happy customer in the future, i like mobius but that heat is somewhat disturbing to wait will it overheat or not in summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, i only want to know that it's ok and taken care of, and if it's cooler than the other then this is again one on the plus side of your camera.
I like that form factor and most probably i will be one happy customer in the future, i like mobius but that heat is somewhat disturbing to wait will it overheat or not in summer.

We new we would have heat issues with a small form factor, but with the wonders of technology we can actually simulate to some accuracy the amount of heat given off in certain situations. This is not to say this is 110% accurate as nothing is more accurate than the real thing, but it means we could make modifications to reduce the heat problem before we had even begun making life a lot better. Without the battery the heat really does cool down, and with the LA75 chip is not actually that bad for heat once precautions are used. I'm not saying this will be ice-cold when you use the camera but the heat problem should well not be a problem.

Kind regards,

Dan

I think no need to be ashamed of word "Mobius", - it's one of the greatest universal video camcorders of all time and which one also by the way made Joovuu a famouse ;)
With some things like design, as they say: "no point to invent a bicycle".

It's good to see Dan taking to the next level all good things from previous "competitors" ( Mobius design, maybe wifi idea from Innovv C4, screw mount from Dimika, my slide in-out battery / capacitor idea ;) and so on ) and based on latest hardware making a so called next generation product.

Most important from "our side" is not get rusher him. To develop a good / reliable product takes time and patience.

the hardware is in no way comparable, don't let looks fool you into thinking they are similar

Mobius, Innovv, Dimika, Joovuu's 'X Factor' cam, I mean really how different can they be in this form factor, of course there will be similarities in appearance but they're all very different in their own way

Regarding form factor, with the exception of the Dimika all the other Mobius inspired "copies" have an offset lens placement including the new JooVuu. Is there a technical reason for this? I have wondered if this perhaps allows more room on the circuit board for components next the lens rather than a smaller space on either side of it or whether the offset lens placement is merely a design convention that mimics the form factor of the "original" Mobius?

Last edited:
there would be more useful space on the PCB with an offset lens, how much you need is dictated by the platform, 3 different platforms being used in these style cameras, each with their own strengths and weaknesses

Thanks. That basically confirms my thoughts about component placement.

component space requirements ultimately dictates design as what you want to build generally doesn't fit and you have to make it bigger, a lot of people have (understandably) no idea and you get silly comments like 'you just don't want to use full size SD cards to save money' and other similar nonsense, quite frustrating at times

@niko our WiFi will be nothing like Innovv's, it will be built from the ground up and incorporate some pretty good features. We have pretty unique features we feel and our roadmap for firmware development has some incredible features that we think could be game changers. Our camera is not a hybrid of other small form factory cameras but rather a camera that has been built from the ground up with just one purpose - reliability. Our design became coincidental as what we wanted to achieve could only be achieved with a micro-design.

We do agree that a good product takes time and patience, and @jokiin can probably attest we have had this idea for a while, and before we asked him we had it for about 3 months, looking at ideas, features, pro's cons, and well money ha. We've been wanting to release it for so long, but only if we had everything confirmed and ready

@Dashmellow as @jokiin stated it is more for PCB space. If you want to fit a battery, microSD, MicroUSB, microHDMI etc plus the lens, you'll need a case virtually the same size as the one we have. There were also design issues here as well but I won't go in to great detail here regarding that.

As jokiin states above, component size dictates a lot, if you think about everything you need on a camera, space is taken rapidly. Then you have to get a good PCB design as if nothing communicates efficiently your camera is back to square one. This is why we have held off for so long as until we knew what we wanted to do was viable it is pointless to announce.

Kind regards,

Dan

Back