JooVuu X Camera

iOS and Android App
    • Can configure the camera through the app on the go (all parameters)
    • Access ‘live view’ (see what the camera sees)
    • Download videos on your device
    • Stream and record
    • Live view and record
As one of the 3.5 million UK users of Windows Phone (8.5% of the market and climbing), this device is clearly useless...

Is excluding Windows users sensible?

• PC Program
    • A program for PC to be able to configure your camera (all parameters)
I hope you are supporting Windows XP with it's expanding market share? (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/03/02/windows_xp_markets_share_grows_again/)

oh man . looks cool. i have been working on a joovuu water proof case video plus a mobius vs vw898 vs innovv c2 video. will have a 4th cam in the future to compare!

very excited.

well if the 3.5 million Windows phone users want to buy the camera there's a good business case, since that's unlikely it's just a minority, you put your resources where the market is

As one of the 3.5 million UK users of Windows Phone (8.5% of the market and climbing), this device is clearly useless...

Apparently yes. ;)

stats.png

well if the 3.5 million Windows phone users want to buy the camera there's a good business case, since that's unlikely it's just a minority, you put your resources where the market is

Also, apparently yes. :)

I think a large chunk of the current Windows Phone is mostly corporate users that use it purely as a business device. (which is why you don't see too much browsing in that last post)

I used to be a HUGE Windows Mobile fan pre iPhone 3G days. I used to beta test Windows Mobile iPaq Phone for Hewlett Packard at HP Labs.

By the end of 2014, Windows Phone total global market share was 2.7%.

As of January 21, 2015, Microsoft has announced that the Windows Phone brand will be phased out and replaced with Windows 10 Mobile.

That is a world graph, very heavily influenced by mobile use in African and other countries where dashcams are very rare, you need to look at the main markets for dashcams only, eg UK.

perhaps they want to sell the product to the world market ;)

you are right though of course, the figures are swayed by places like Africa, I've seen those ads from Worldvision where just 5c can supply clean drinking water and an iPhone :rolleyes:

That is a world graph, very heavily influenced by mobile use in African and other countries where dashcams are very rare, you need to look at the main markets for dashcams only, eg UK.

How on earth do you come up with such an analysis? Africa? Even if true, then the same factors would have to apply to all the operating systems listed in the chart, not just Windows.

you need to look at the main markets for dashcams only, eg UK.

I wonder how the many international dash cam using members of this forum might feel about such a remark? And I wonder how the market for dash cams compares to certain other actual "main" markets, like Korea for example, or Russia? :rolleyes: The UK market is really quite tiny in comparison to other places in the world.

I wonder how the many international dash cam using members of this forum might feel about such a remark? And I wonder how the market for dash cams compares to certain other actual "main" markets, like Korea for example, or Russia? :rolleyes: The UK market is really quite tiny in comparison to other places in the world.

the UK market is still very small, it does mean it's a growth opportunity but there's not enough sales currently to pay for the investment for market specific products

I meant to ask and it slipped my mind. Can this be connected to an external display through the HDMI and be able to record and display at the same time?

Based on visits to dashcamtalk.com , the UK is the second biggest market: http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/dashcamtalk.com ;)

perhaps they want to sell the product to the world market ;)

you are right though of course, the figures are swayed by places like Africa, I've seen those ads from Worldvision where just 5c can supply clean drinking water and an iPhone :rolleyes:
The phones can be given or subsidised by western charities, but what I don't understand is how all these African farmers manage to get a 4G internet connection when I often fail to get even 2G on UK farmland!

"People who don't have access to running water or electricity have access to a phone that is more powerful than computers we had a few years ago," said Sami Ibrahim, lead developer at Glasgow-based technology start-up Cojengo.

"That creates a huge opportunity," said Ibrahim, who along with his IT graduate colleagues developed VetAfrica, an app which provides veterinary advice.

Cojengo has been backed by Microsoft and, like most technology firms targeting African agriculture, it is also working with foreign aid donors.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/re...m-smartphones-reboot-African-agriculture.html

Looks good. Question: which button locks a file? I was hoping/think the side button since it would be easy to find and press, yet I see it's the power button.

I am on a windows phone, and the next one might allso end up beeing a windows phone, depending on the feeling win 10 give me when i try it for free on my computer later this year ( thx microsoft )
If i dont like win 10 on the computer i will go back to win7 and get a android phone when this one break ( i am not the kind of guy that change phone due to what fashion dictate )

Only 3% of phones here is windows, and android is bigger than the fruit OS.

Looks good. Question: which button locks a file? I was hoping/think the side button since it would be easy to find and press, yet I see it's the power button.

buttons can be multi purpose with Ambarella, short press and long press perform different functions, if they were going to use the power button as a file save button though they'd ideally want to lock out the power off function while ever there was an active recording

buttons can be multi purpose with Ambarella, short press and long press perform different functions, if they were going to use the power button as a file save button though they'd ideally want to lock out the power off function while ever there was an active recording

@JooVuu
1.Power button
a. Hold for 3 seconds turns on camera
b. Hold for 3 seconds turns off camera
c. If camera is RECORDING and it is pressed normally - locks the current file it is recording and previous finished file.

I meant to ask and it slipped my mind. Can this be connected to an external display through the HDMI and be able to record and display at the same time?

@JooVuu ,basically most of dash cameras could display and "record" at the same time(actually it is live show,did not actually save any video in the TF card

I hope you are supporting Windows XP with it's expanding market share? (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/03/02/windows_xp_markets_share_grows_again/)

Hi @Nigel ,
As other people have stated we have had to focus our resources, but as my mother uses a Windows phone, I have not been able to get away with it. As such, a feature on our roadmap is to create a webUI where you can customize and change your phone on the go regardless of what platform you are on. Unfortunately, we do not have the resources to do this at the same time and so the focus will be on the iOS and Android side, and then switching to this webUI.

Regarding Windows XP, as the software does not require any of the modern features/functions of Vista/7/8/8.1, running on XP should be okay, however, I cannot verify this yet and we have not tested this yet. When we have more news and compatibility we will post and update.

Hi @GJHS
The lock button feature will work in two ways:
1) Through the app
2) By simply pressing the on and off button very quickly whilst recording it will lock the last two files (the one it was recording and the one previous).

We have not released our full button configuration and LED breakdown yet as things may change, though the buttons we are feeling pretty happy about. I'll see if we can get them released fully.

Kind regards,

Dan

I am on a windows phone, and the next one might allso end up beeing a windows phone, depending on the feeling win 10 give me when i try it for free on my computer later this year ( thx microsoft )
If i dont like win 10 on the computer i will go back to win7 and get a android phone when this one break ( i am not the kind of guy that change phone due to what fashion dictate )

Only 3% of phones here is windows, and android is bigger than the fruit OS.
May I know if you are refering to Windows phone APP, Windows PC software or GPS player compatible with Windows computer?
1)What is very sure is: GPS player could be compatible with Windows XP,windows 8 computer to playback
2)Windows PC software which could configure setting? If this question,then as @JooVuu said,need to test out then
3)Windows APP?I did not hear that yet personally

Back