Kamkar1 footage.

Here is 4 clips made with the 4 FOV modes the x cam offer......

...60 degree FOV...

...90 degree FOV...

...120 degree FOV...

...155 degree FOV...

@JooVuu are you sure those FOV angle numbers are correct?
To my eyes and gut feeling, the increments look much less than 30 degrees - on the horizontal, they look more like 100, 110, 120 and 130 degrees (and, from memory, 135 horizontal being about 155 diagonal, so perhaps 110, 125, 140, 155 diagonal).

Truth be told i too find that there is little actual difference between 60 degrees and the massive 155 degrees.
When i was trying it out i was like ???? "60 degrees thats pretty god damm narrow", but it actually dont look that bad.

Truth be told i too find that there is little actual difference between 60 degrees and the massive 155 degrees.
When i was trying it out i was like ???? "60 degrees thats pretty god damm narrow", but it actually dont look that bad.

I took a screenshot from a cam which claims about 155' diagonal angle and 135' horizontal angle. Then added what I would expect 120' horizontal and 100' horizontal to look like. The result is very different to what I see from @JooVuu X.

-

I took a screenshot from a cam which claims about 155' diagonal angle and 135' horizontal angle. Then added what I would expect 120' horizontal and 100' horizontal to look like. The result is very different to what I see from @JooVuu X.

I've passed this on, we're delaying the firmware from being released today as I got fed up of some stuff like this not being done. We've been toying of bringing in a new system to verify firmware and we're now bringing it forward. You're right these angles do not really match up so I'm getting this sorted. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!

Dan

-

Nice job on the picture.

Okay guys here is a couple of 3 minute footage from my drive today, weather and ammount of light was so - so and the footage is captured in 1080/30 HDR with a AVG bitrate of 23000kbps

As luck would have it its the same strech of road thru the little forrest at Lauerbjerg, and the 1 clip have a audio suprice, at least in the RAW footage off MEGA, youtube i am not so sure if they will like my background music.

https://mega.nz/#!GohChaoS!G3gwMNoiwp0scqFogfPp-JwsDIsNiCa4XpqnX6OnJ48

https://mega.nz/#!moJFGQYY!m0b78YXM-KSIg6-m24JxD5JyfIsKjEb68dul2bVGrHU

Aside for the static i think the microfone pick up DP pretty good :cool:

BTW those white road markers every 50 M along our roads, every 2 of those have numbers on them, and i kinda use them for a benchmark when i look at IQ from dashcam footage

Last edited:
Okay guys i got 2 more clips for you, its nothing special, but since i managed to expand my 12 V to the rear of my car i put the "old" X camera back there.
Since it is the old camera it is on a older firmware ( October 6 i think ) but it look okay to me.

https://mega.nz/#!mlwCSBAS!DGCjK_f1r6YnTNpoX5AZ9VObHTP-_LZvnuNpj5aTS2I

https://mega.nz/#!O9YgTLzY!Y0xW13Vk2Rjeh1LeJIKU2TkEGt1Ofc1AXC3d2KCzQEs

Now i just have to get the mobius installed beside it so we can compare the 2, but i dont think i will be able to manage that on this side of the weekend.

Just strapped the mobius to the x cam with a rubber band, and i will power it with my power bank.
will go for a short drive soon to get some head to head daytime footage

Been fighting a loosing battle with the newest APP and firmware on the #2 x cam, i must admit to defeat, thinking its a issue with my first version of lollipop cuz other testers have better results :(

Me no like beeing on the loosing side :D

Has there been any change to the field of view?

Has there been any change to the field of view?

Yes there has - I'm getting footage this weekend of it up. We're having a problem with the upgrade process (we changed some foundation code) so just solving that, luckily we never have to change this again but we new we had to make the transition.

I will not be able to tell, seem like my APP and camera is enjoying a little trench warfare, so 1 shot fired and my camera put up the white flag.

I will try to mediate in this conflict later today, but i am affraid the starting point is like N Korea Vs S Korea.

I am in the process of uploading some daytime rear x cam and mobius footage, but these days MEGA will only allowe me to UL with 20 KB/s so it will be a while to upload 900 MB :oops: dunno WTF it is with me and MEGA but i rarely get over 1 MB/s and i can do 5-6 MB/s if i get the chance :rolleyes:

Okay MEGA will have to wait, but you might be able to enjoy the daytime footage on youtube only.

I will offcourse provide night time footage later today, i think this is what is of interest for most ppl

Allso do take note both the X cam and allso my mobius is on older firmware, x cam is october 9 FW and the mobius FW version number is 1.20 as i recall.

Anyways not much different in this daytime footage.

Mobius. ( 1080/30 )
https://mega.nz/#!PhwnmJab!kR_oE0SVaLHM4129Inq8ZXnYi0i3Sj_0vcqGXsOlPWc

X cam. ( 1080/60 )
https://mega.nz/#!S1pmxZBQ!In_-JIRe56WdUelP6dNFlKZNXIuOwsRck04tB99w-bI

X cam seem to give the most true colors when i look at the color of the bricks the houses are built off ( preview picture on youtube )

Last edited:
Aside for the static i think the microfone pick up DP pretty good :cool:
It sound like a cicada. Open the box and get it out.;)

No its not, it is the wifi chip trowing punches at the microfone, that chip will get some good old manners beaten into it before production start.

It's something we thought had solved - tested - confirmed we'd solved it - got it to the testers and it starts coming back. We've analyzed it and sent it to a 'interference' laboratory (whatever that is really) and they've cast a spell on our design and it now has solved it. Each camera will be tested for this before it is shipped though just to be safe.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Street Guardian USA JooVuu 30
JooVuu JooVuu 6
kamkar JooVuu 253
Back