Kamkar1 footage.

Its good that there is a beta test. Its 2-3 steps forward and some steps backward, but t least it going in the right directions.
P-right-direction.jpg

If you remember @Viking the Danish "folk" singer Sebastian, and his song den lille malkeko, i often hum that song when i try to reverse a problem to 2 steps forward and 1 step back, cuz that i can just about live with as long as i can see it will change to just going forward soon.

Another fun fact is back when i was a voting man, i allso hummed that song when i was casting my vote.

Its good that there is a beta test. Its 2-3 steps forward and some steps backward, but t least it going in the right directions.

Recently we have taken about 20 steps forward and this hiccup is about 1 step back. Already working on the next version of the firmware (should solve these problems plus fix a few bugs)

As long as it isent like Sebastian sing, 1 step forward and 2 steps back, back to where i was a moment ago.
That i do think was a stab from Sebastian at the intellect of the Danish ppl, and worst of all this is a song from the 70ties or so when things was actually much better here.
Today it would be, 1 giant leap forward and 18 steps backward, 1 leap beeing the same as 12 steps :rolleyes:

Is it possible to put 5 Likes .
:)
:D@0.51
:D@1.08
:D@2.06
:rolleyes:@2.13

Just strapped the mobius to the x cam with a rubber band, and i will power it with my power bank.
will go for a short drive soon to get some head to head daytime footage

Close proximity of electronic devices can cause EMI interference on either or both devices. Audio circuitry is especially prone to this kind of interference which may explain the 'chirping issues' heard.

Phil

Okay here is the night footage i was takling about, took me a while to UL to MEGA as i was getting 100KB/s when it was fast and 0KB/s when it was slow.

Mobius ( 1080/30 )
https://mega.nz/#!3kASBQQa!R4zZULrLvH_CEWUYYe8TIN96cJiEsqPHilR13IAJ8qQ

X cam ( 1080/60 )
https://mega.nz/#!u8RmGRbL!VixFH5RoHjf7zRgxJcdfizt-U_xNAqYrOsGPC8hlKgQ

Mobius ( 1080/30 )
https://mega.nz/#!n8xgyByZ!80AyvyLItuYee8HAKfzfrluKZlDdMZP0Mca4U4JKQ5c

X cam ( 1080/60 )
https://mega.nz/#!epAFXZ4J!QJqPpiXxzrbsSOnhVi3eBSd-mGZpxIUPW36WbCgNIP0

Please note this X cam footage is captured with the #1 sample i got, and the FW on it is not the latest one ( OCT 09 ), allso the FW on the Mobius is 1.20 so i am sure there is newer firmware to be found there too.
When i get past my current issues with the #2 camera and the APP i will make new footage with the latest FW on the camera, what you see here is just me dicking around with the #1 camera and the Mobius :D
Pretty nice to have a steady supply of power in the rear, and not having to use really long USB cables.

As you can see i allso have the X cam set to one of the narrow FOV modes, i think its 90 deg i am using.

Last edited:
The Mobius firmware is now at v 2.41. There have been eight Mobius revisions since v 1.20, including WDR tweaks. Both cameras should be using their respective latest firmwares for a meaningful comparison.

yeah, i will get the mobius up to date for when i put it up against the #2 x cam, its lying here right beside me ready to be beefed up Fw wise.
Just gotta DL the software again, i was sure i had it on my computer, but i assume that was one of the things i lost when i upgraded to win 10.

When all is said and done in regard to the X cam, i think i will relocate my mobius to the left side of my car, the slightly slimmer mobius should fit like a glove in the old bracket i have there that use to hold the side camera in my old analog CCTV setup.

I am still kicking myself over the failing rear cam when i got rear ended monday :rolleyes: it would have made stellar footage.

Also all rear cameras have to deal with direct headlights pointing at them. That will most likely result in darker than normal image as the cam tries to compensate.

Yeah i don't have much faith in any rear camera at night, and as soon as you get out of town it will only capture blackness at night.
Still it's nice it's there, just dont make it more than it is.

Just captured a little microfone demo in the dark on my way home.
As usioal it is the SG9665GC Vs the X cam.

Our spanish speaking members might want to mute the sound ;) or at least be prepared for me airing my spanish skills after beeing overtaken by 2 speeding cars.

No doubt the SG outperform the X cam with it's much more sensitive microphone.

Last edited:
yeah the 9665 allso have the upper hand in night performance, i dunno why but in erlier tests i had the 2 performing much the same.
But perhaps a little night performance have been lost in the many firmware updates for the X cam since then.
I do recall Dan talking about tweaking the night performance, perhaps he saw a degeneration in that long before i did just now

The difference in your video above seems dramatic. Hope the X can be tweaked for better performance than we see here.

Last edited:
Night performance is being enhanced, and will continually be enhanced. We're looking to get the camera out as best as we can from feedback from about 10 people...however, as the sample size grows with more purchases we can modify more etc. But yes, night performance is being enhanced.

Night performance is being enhanced, and will continually be enhanced. We're looking to get the camera out as best as we can from feedback from about 10 people...however, as the sample size grows with more purchases we can modify more etc. But yes, night performance is being enhanced.

Good to hear this not unexpected news. :)

yeah the 9665 allso have the upper hand in night performance, i dunno why but in erlier tests i had the 2 performing much the same.
But perhaps a little night performance have been lost in the many firmware updates for the X cam since then.
I do recall Dan talking about tweaking the night performance, perhaps he saw a degeneration in that long before i did just now

with a bit more lighting they'll look a lot closer, in really low light the bigger individual pixel size of 2mp sensor v 4mp sensor will have an advantage

with a bit more lighting they'll look a lot closer, in really low light the bigger individual pixel size of 2mp sensor v 4mp sensor will have an advantage

For someone like me, living out in the middle of nowhere in a rural area where often the only lighting is the headlights of my vehicle, this can be an important consideration.

For someone like me, living out in the middle of nowhere in a rural area where often the only lighting is the headlights of my vehicle, this can be an important consideration.

for sure, there's no one size fits all solution but we have choice and that's a good thing

Back