Latest Firmware for DOD LS300W / TioTech GT300W here !

ZeroNRG said:
Video Files are now 4.185GB (36m 29s) in size
I believe it's biggest file size which file system of your flash card can handle and because you don't use loop recording DVR stops recording after reaching this size of a file.

weird things happen to your brain when you should go to bed ;) woke up this morning and realized all the technical aspects. It's still kinda odd that the Shadowtec firmware at first cycles at the 1.2GB and after the latest release it continues till the max file size is reached.

So far still playing around, noticed that the looping is never properly described. It functions as it creates a new file till it runs out of diskspace and then overwrites. Though the way it is described it sounds like it constantly overwrites the same file.

anyways all good here, back to testing

Hi, I have an LS650 from Foxoffer. Will the LS300W or GT300W firmware work? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Swordfish said:
Hi, I have an LS650 from Foxoffer. Will the LS300W or GT300W firmware work? Thanks.

Sent from my Galaxy Note

Hi Swordfish,
GT300W firmware does not even work on LS300W, despite they have same HW and firmware structure, there for I assume GT300W firmware will not work on your LS650. Not sure about LS300W firmware compatibility as well on LS650.

Hi Niko, I thought the LS300W firmware works with GT300W? Thanks.

Swordfish said:
Hi Niko, I thought the LS300W firmware works with GT300W? Thanks.

I thought the same, but after numerous failed upgrade attempts I can say it does not work ( at least I could not succeed ).

Re: AW: Latest Firmware for DOD LS300W / TioTech GT300W here

Did you rename the file name to the normal ls300w update name?

Is the normal naming convention for LS300W firmware FW96650A.bin?

Hello,

I have received today my GT300W of FoxOffer and the firmware is "shadow 201 304 181".

Can anyone tell me if this is the latest firmware to me?

Maulhofer said:
Hello,

I have received today my GT300W of FoxOffer and the firmware is "shadow 201 304 181".

No it's not the latest!
Please read a few pages back in this thread. I posted a dropbox link to version 201306180-SC-2 for the GT300W.
This version brings AWB, plate stamp and image rotation.

Thanks for the info. In my GT300W with firmware "201 304 181" I can also set the language to German. Is that in the firmware "201306180-SC-2" also?

Gurkha9 said:
Maulhofer said:
Hello,

No it's not the latest!
Please read a few pages back in this thread. I posted a dropbox link to version 201306180-SC-2 for the GT300W.
This version brings AWB, plate stamp and image rotation.
Also this is not the latest, the latest version released on July, but haven't got this firmware at present.
The GT300W sold after July 10th come with latest firmware. There is a password setting feature come with this firmware.

Maulhofer said:
Thanks for the info. In my GT300W with firmware "201 304 181" I can also set the language to German. Is that in the firmware "201306180-SC-2" also?
Where you bought the GT300W? As I know, the GT300W with shadow logo only support English and Chinese language.

I bought the cam at FoxOffer! I also wondered because I also have not read anything or heard of a German language. I was very surprised.

AWB does not have my cam, plate stamp, image rotation, I can not say because I do not know where to press.

Edit:
I tried to install the official firmware "201306180-SC2" but unfortunately nothing happens.

If I have understood correctly you have to copy the firmware to the root directory, connect power cable and the update goes alone. Is the right way?

Maulhofer said:
If I have understood correctly you have to copy the firmware to the root directory, connect power cable and the update goes alone. Is the right way?

Yes it takes a min to complete. I shut it down after and deleted the file. It defaults to a Chinese language after the update and I changed it back to English after.
There are no other languages available. If you need German stick to the old version that you have.

In my cam but the update does not work. When you turn on the cam, it is in recording mode and then what happens? Comes another screen or what can you see the update?

Did you download the firmware from my Dropbox link? It worked for me on my GT300W from FoxOffer.
As I recall camera turns on, screen goes grey (or blank) and after a moment the firmware process is complete.
Here's FoxOffer's original link they sent me: http://www.foxoffer.com/download/GT300W ... 130712.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
Maulhofer said:
In my cam but the update does not work. When you turn on the cam, it is in recording mode and then what happens? Comes another screen or what can you see the update?

Do not connect power cable.

Gurkha9 said:
Did you download the firmware from my Dropbox link? It worked for me on my GT300W from FoxOffer.
As I recall camera turns on, screen goes grey (or blank) and after a moment the firmware process is complete.
Here's FoxOffer's original link they sent me: http://www.foxoffer.com/download/GT300W ... 130712.zip

I downloaded the firmware here: http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid ... 7&third=15

Thank you for your link. I will write before FoxOffer if they can send me my current firmware with German language. Then I can always come back to my firmware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sabe said:
Maulhofer said:

Do not connect power cable.

You mean the cam connect without car power cable and just turn on? I have read that it should not be good if the battery goes empty during an update.

Back