LiFePO4 and LTO power bank for dash camera fully manufactured in the UK (Europe)

I am freaked by the amount of snow they have gotten wayyyyy down south in Spain, and apparently they will get really cold weather too.

2020 Denmark did not have a single full day of sub 0 temperatures, this have not happened since 1874
But by the looks of it it do look like we will have a few of those days in a row soon ( Fre - Sat next week ), but its 2021 now.

Madrid Spain 2000 km / 1260 miles to the south of me.
4 people have already been killed by the snow down there, military to rescue stranded truckers and arrange convoys so they can drop off their cargo.

f7885f83-68a0-42dd-ab03-f8018fa3d7b7.jpg

I am freaked by the amount of snow they have gotten wayyyyy down south in Spain,
You do need to take into account that Madrid is located half a Km above the highest point in Denmark, and is 300 Km from the warmth of the sea compared to only 20 Km maximum for anywhere in Denmark. That will make quite a difference to how cold it gets! Spain does have glaciers.

Indeed but its also 2000 Km closer to Equator,,,,, hell only a few more hours of driving and a short ferry ride and you are in Africa.
Which of course also have snow and even glaciers in at least 1 high up place, but still down at sea level they have much better / warmer summers then we have.

That amount of snow in the picture, that is more than we have gotten where i live in the past 10 years put together.

Then again i have seen arguments for a scenario with more progressed global warming, that might actually mean much colder temperatures where i live, but for that to happen we do need to kill off the gulf current.
But then Denmark should get colder, or at least the few small parts left of Denmark above water, maybe even a mini ice age, while the rest of the world fry

Indeed but its also 2000 Km closer to Equator,,,,,
It still gets quite cold in the hills, especially with all this global warming!
Spain registered its coldest temperature on record Wednesday, with a meteorological station in the Catalan Pyrenees registering a frigid -34.1 degrees Celsius (-29.3 Fahrenheit).

The last time Spain broke its record for cold weather was Feb. 2, 1956, when thermometers in the same mountain range dropped to -32.

It says in the first post Q1/Q2 so could be anything from now to June. I expect COVID is not helping matters.

I have another question, what is the charging rate for the LifeP04? I'm guessing around 5A if it takes 1h20mins

It depend to some degree by the cells, but a more relaxed charge rate is always preferred.
My RC batteries some of them are 3 cell / 3000 MAH and 5C charge rate which mean i could charge them with 15 A but i usually charge them with just 3A ( this is LIpo batteries )
As i recall the discharge rate is 70 C so i can discharge those pretty fast if i wanted to, but in my slow 4 x 4 truck i get around a hour of driving.

I think something like 32700 LifeP04 batteries have a charge rate of 1 - 5 C or there about, this mean a 6000 MAH battery you can charge at 6 A or all the way up to 36 A though of course the final stretch of the charging should probably not be more than 0.25 / 0.50 A.

So if you hit it with 6 A and it is 6000 MAH the charging should indeed be a good hour.
Of course if you have more batteries in parallel which a power pack probably have, you can hit them even harder with more Amps, but then we get into the realm of where the hell can you safely draw that much power in a car, and what would the charger cost.
I know from RC the bigger the charger is the more it also cost. my biggest charger actually only go as far as 9 A and 6 cell batteries.
5 - 15 A is probably as good as it get for dashcam power packs.

Addendum.
My friend for a while used individual lipo cells from maxamps, which we lovingly named "the lego batteries" so these could be connected up as how many cells we wanted them, but we always charged them as 1 cell with a lot of them in parallel.
This "DIY" batteries worked wonders for his RC boats that used a slew of diffident cell counts in different boats but most often 4 cell - 8 cell

Cell life and charge rate go hand-in-hand. Best to not exceed .5C with any Li type cell or battery or cell life loss will become an issue. Something to be gained below that level and advisable if you can do it, but there isn't a lot to be gained here so most folks seem to think .5C is the best compromise since Li technology isn't that expensive now and i tend to agree.

Charging temperatures are the more critical factor; exceeding those limits kills Li cells and batteries rapidly and in the case of low-temp charging even one time can be too much.

Phil

If i get a electric car, those super chargers, i dont think i would use one of those unless absolutely necessary.
Though i must say i have not seen any news / documentation that say using them make a dent in your battery lifetime.

Just bought a Cellink Neo 6 from Amazon(brand new at 174€,very good price),and just saw this thread,looks amazing and seems a lot better option than my new Neo 6.When will this battery be released?

Sorry, any updates on availability?I'm looking for a good power battery pack and this sounds promising.

No news that i know off, i assume pizdys will keep us updated if the batteries hit the shelves.

Yeah I spotted them on ebay this morning, going to do a bit of reading now (y)

Yeah seen them 2 on eBay, searched there name on Google and found the direct webshop. And of course directly order the hardwired version

With the demise of the BI-750 these folks should see some more sales, but they need to increase their online findability so folks can help them get those sales.

Phil

I bought a cellink neo 6 almost a month ago and I like the bluetooth app showing the info,it seems this battery pack doesn't have this feature.I'm asking myself if is possible to connect the extension pack of this battery model to a cellink neo 6?It's a lot bigger and cheaper than Neo EXT 7,it would be great.

Last edited:
Back