LiFePO4 and LTO power bank for dash camera fully manufactured in the UK (Europe)

The user manual says to set the low voltage cutoff to the lowest setting.

It looks like my 5-minute commute is not going to charge the 6200LFP enough for a full day of parking mode, especially with a 3-CH and 2-CH camera connected.

I think I'll stop using the interior camera on the A139 to make it 2-CH, and power the SG9663DR with a powerbank instead.

When I bought the 6200LFP (during lockdown) my office was a 25 minute drive away. Now I've moved to a much closer office which is good for some things, but not for charging a battery whilst driving.

I don't think a powerbank will charge in 5 minutes either.

Even the new phones with 120 W charge ( Xiaomi ) will not do it in 5 minutes.
Personally on my phone i am fine with 5 - 10 W charge, while the charger for my phone do support fast charge, i dont charge my phone with that charger.

Last edited:
Please show me a power bank that charges in 5 minutes.

I have edited my post, forgot a word

will not do it in 5 minutes

Even the new phones with 120 W charge ( Xiaomi ) will not do it in 5 minutes.
Needs a 1KW charge rate for a 5 minute charge, which is more than most alternators can provide!

What is needed is a wireless charger for your parking place, then you don't need batteries overnight and will have plenty of time for a nice slow charge, which will result in a long battery life, like with your phone.

Yeah.
The solid state batteries seem interesting in regatd to fast charge rates, saw Sony released some news in this regard, but i have not followed up on it.

Also fast car chargers, even fast in the current realm, very far in between, and very expensive to put up, and not forgetting the load it would put on the local power grid if you put up say 30 super chargers and they all are used at the same time.
If solid state batteries mean even higher charge rates and even larger power draw, things need to be redesigned or probably circuits for this one purpose put in place.

Also fast car chargers, even fast in the current realm, very far in between, and very expensive to put up, and not forgetting the load it would put on the local power grid if you put up say 30 super chargers and they all are used at the same time.
If solid state batteries mean even higher charge rates and even larger power draw, things need to be redesigned or probably circuits for this one purpose put in place.
The car takes the same amount of power for a fast charge or slow charge, so as long as things are averaged out over enough cars, there should be no problem with even extreme charging rates. Of course most people will be happy with cheap overnight slow charging 98% of the time, it is only the motorway filling stations that really need the super fast chargers, but again the amount of energy they sell will be the same, slow or fast charging, fast charging just means that they need less chargers, and then need to ban people from leaving their car at the charger while they go and use the services. Supermarket chargers don't want to be too fast, they want to keep the people in the store for a decent time, spending money!

I remember back in the day when i was into car hifi, some Swedish guy had like 4 altenators on his car, to not run out of power the second he cranked it up when driving.

iu

iu

iu

That should provide plenty of power for your lipo battery to just go from " im good" to a flaming nightmare.

I think I'll stop using the interior camera on the A139 to make it 2-CH, and power the SG9663DR with a powerbank instead.

I don't think a powerbank will charge in 5 minutes either.
To clarify, I meant a portable powerbank that I can bring indoors and charge overnight.

Unfortunately I have no easy way of charging the 6200LFP without driving. I suppose it's possible, but I don't think it's practical to unplug it and bring it inside every few days for a top up charge.

Be carful with those simple powerbanks. They are not designed for this. Mine caught fire while charging it indoors after a year of use
e756b750583b9902df1612605dac6cba.jpg

0369d5f28bf7fe29b26d972ca0d35ce9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be carful with those simple powerbanks. They are not designed for this. Mine caught fire while charging it indoors after a year of use
Be careful with the more expensive/complicated ones too, there is not a lot of difference!

Lithium batteries should always be supervised while being charged, and if you are not going to do so, locate them somewhere that a fire can't spread. Consider using a fireproof lipo charging bag, although it is best not to put too much trust in that either.

To clarify, I meant a portable powerbank that I can bring indoors and charge overnight.

Unfortunately I have no easy way of charging the 6200LFP without driving. I suppose it's possible, but I don't think it's practical to unplug it and bring it inside every few days for a top up charge.

This crossed my mind during the pandemic as I have not been driving for as long as I usually do. I decided I was going to move the batteries to the boot area (under passenger seat is not good for access) and then take out to charge in the house.

I bought a roypow AC to DC supply with a 12v female cig lighter socket, however I didn't really get this all setup and just ended up using powerbanks for a while.

Thinking about it now I would prefer to have the battery/batteries under the passenger seat though, they can be velcroed down quite well and are away from all the other stuff crashing around the boot.

I wonder if some sort of splitter could be put in line with the battery input, so you have 2 input connectors, one is hardwired to the car the other is free to connect to a 12v adapter.. If you had an outlet on the outside of your house (and you can actually park near it) and then leave it on charge (like you would if you were topping up your main car battery at home)

It seems they have shipping (custom) problems getting the units from the UK to Germany
they were sent over a month ago, but still haven't arrived according to the seller...
can't wait to get my hands on these!

It seems they have shipping (custom) problems getting the units from the UK to Germany
they were sent over a month ago, but still haven't arrived according to the seller...
can't wait to get my hands on these!
They are very well made.

finally got my batteries installed: 2x main unit plus 2x extension

each will power a thinkware U1000 DUAL unit (have 2 to create 360° view)

very impressed so far by the quality

only "mistake" i might have made, was to buy 2 main units, instead of just one + 3 extensions,
as apparently you can hook up several dashcams at once

Leszek at power-core was extremely helpful and patient with me and replied to my many emails.

Note: they can both ship from UK and from Germany and shipment is very fast with UPS

i will return here in a few weeks to bring an update

Back