LiFePO4 and LTO power bank for dash camera fully manufactured in the UK (Europe)

You can put more than one cable in each hole.

ok but what if you want to use their
  • Car Cigar Female Socket Adaptor only ?
instead of the other green adapter thats meant for the hw cable

my rear cam is a viofo 119 v3 connected to a cig socker using the cable it came with . I can cut the cable and split the wires but are these going to work with the car cigar socket adaptor that comes with the powerbank or i have to use the viofo hw cable ?

im just too lazy to redo the wiring if i have to use the other cable :p

Bored now, ask their support

I'm still waiting to get mine, but there's no built-in way to measure the battery, is there?

If so, has someone added a battery monitor like this one?

Screenshot_20220205-191424.png

Hey all :) interested in purchasing one of these, the price seems competitive and I think for myself this would be the best option (looking to power 2ch viofo a119 v3 and its rear camera throughout the day as I park on the street in a not so decent area). In terms of price/capacity, are there any better options? could this handle consistently powering the cameras in parking mode if I drive every so often? once a day max but minimum once every other day for about 30 mins.

4 raw lifepo4 cells cost around £20 on aliexpress for what I believe is a similar capacity (unless I have it completely wrong, which I probably do), would DIY be worth the effort for cost-saving? but curious to see what you guys think

4 raw lifepo4 cells cost around £20 on aliexpress for what I believe is a similar capacity (unless I have it completely wrong, which I probably do), would DIY be worth the effort for cost-saving? but curious to see what you guys think
Your maths is correct, except that you left off things like a charger, thermometers and battery management, which are necessary for LiFePO4 cells. Also, the quality of those cells may be a bit questionable compared to what you will get in a professionally made battery. But some of the dashcam battery manufacturers must be making a lot of profit!

Your maths is correct, except that you left off things like a charger, thermometers and battery management, which are necessary for LiFePO4 cells. Also, the quality of those cells may be a bit questionable compared to what you will get in a professionally made battery. But some of the dashcam battery manufacturers must be making a lot of profit!
there are more things to be considered when pricing a product . You paying for their experience , their R&D , their time and effort , and the materials that when all is combined together they produce the final product .
i guess none of you runs his own business , and you are just consumers ?

there are more things to be considered when pricing a product . You paying for their experience , their R&D , their time and effort , and the materials that when all is combined together they produce the final product .
i guess none of you runs his own business , and you are just consumers ?
Yes, you are paying for their work, this is not something that you can easily make at home.
And of course, if there is little competition in the market then they can charge whatever they like, nothing wrong with them making a good profit!

Mine seems to be working well, powering both the A139 3CH and SG9663DR 2CH for my 5CH setup. I only use it when I'm parked away from home. When the car is on my driveway, I simply shut down both cameras after they enter parking mode.

I have both cameras hard-wired into the same socket - two wires per hole.
1644413693862.png

At the moment it is in the passenger footwell so I can keep an eye on the status LEDs, with the velcro pads sticking very well to the carpet. I do notice a high-pitched intermittent noise when it's charging, so I will likely relocate it behind the rear seats.

I received mine today in Germany and I thought I'd have to pay customs, but they actually declared it as a gift. I hope I'll receive my new dashcam until the weekend too, so I can start installing it.

Lucky you in Denmark a gift, can only be 10 EURO or so, more than that and you get to pay.
Funny thing though, inside Denmark you can gift a person 50.000 Dkkr / 6700 EURO every year and not get slammed by the tax man.
It is a strange little country we have made.

I would hope so, i would only buy this from a EU seller.

I told them I would only buy if it was shipped from within the eu and they sent it from Germany so all was good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They told me to wait until there's new stock in Germany (mid/end feb)
They could indeed send from the UK, but i didn't want to take the risk,

Ordered the HW version tonight. Planning to run both A139 and SG9663DR via HW kits, and a Mobius 4K via a 5V USB socket extension.
I've found that my normal driving doesn't charge the 6200LFP enough to run both my A139 3CH and SG9663DR in parking mode for 8 hours. Today the A139 recorded for 6 hours, and the DR recorded for 7 hours - the low voltage cutoffs in both the HW kits are both set to 12.4V, but probably vary a bit in practice.

EDIT: Thanks to @mentadent for pointing out that I should set my HW kits to their lowest voltage cut-off, rather than 12.4V which is the highest

Last edited:
Back