LiFePO4 and LTO power bank for dash camera fully manufactured in the UK (Europe)

Lithium-based cells and batteries can't be restored, any changes in their characteristics are permanent. The information is out there about how to best treat them but that is never given at the consumer level. If you store these, it is imperative that they be charged at close to the 50% level or you'll lose capacity, and this damage can occur in as little as one month with older cells/batteries. They are not meant to be stored with a full or nearly-full charge nor a low charge; doing that may not show an immediate effect but very soon capacity levels will begin dropping dramatically regardless of age. One session of charging at below freezing temps can ruin even new cells/batteries and it's not much better when you charge at too-high temps.

Lithium is an awesome battery technology but also an unforgiving one if you go out-of-spec in any way.

Phil
Should have checked all that before storing them :-(

can no longer charge them over 13.1 which means 40%

they used to be able to give 55hrs parkmode (for a dual cam), so that means 22hrs now.

Power-core replied to me to confirm their extension battery does work with my cellink, but it won't have low temp protection, since that is controlled by their main battery

Btw; i have a feeling that Power-core used to be HDigital-EYE / Car-DVR....?

Last edited:
can no lnoger them over 13.1 which means 40%
That suggests to me that something has gone wrong in their electronics, not a problem with the cells.
Might be worth asking about warrantee for that...

Bought them in august 2017 (from above HDigital-eye, which no longer exists)

I totalled my car in april last year and My new car only arrived a month ago.

So during that time the batteries were at home, with the charge left from when i took them out of the wreck.

But as @SawMaster says here above and as per info on the net, these batteries will lose power if stored under 12.5%

lifepo4 voltage chart.jpg

I just think of it like a cell phone...Don't ever let the battery level drop below 20%, don't ever let the charge go above 80-85%.
Do this and the lithium battery in your phone/Tesla/whatever you have should last wonders.

Lots of people keep their phones plugged up charging until 100% and they wonder why the battery degrades in a year or two...

That said, I'm still waiting for them to release this product in the US because both the Cellink NEO and BlackboxMyCar PowerCell are too expensive for what they deliver.

Good phones and laptops let you set a charge limit.

I just think of it like a cell phone...Don't ever let the battery level drop below 20%, don't ever let the charge go above 80-85%.
Do this and the lithium battery in your phone/Tesla/whatever you have should last wonders.

Lots of people keep their phones plugged up charging until 100% and they wonder why the battery degrades in a year or two...

That said, I'm still waiting for them to release this product in the US because both the Cellink NEO and BlackboxMyCar PowerCell are too expensive for what they deliver.

I'm gonna get hem too, but not sure yet if if I will completely replace, or just get the extensions and hook them up to the cellink
in any case, the extension alone will give ample parktime

6 weeks since it arrived, I finally got around to unplugging the Viofo HW kit from the car and hooking up the Powercore battery.

The only issue I ran into was that the ground connector was not large enough to fit over the shank of the grounding bolt in my car. It's a closed loop, unlike the 'fork-shaped' connector on the Viofo kit. I clipped a bit out of the closed ring and made sure the bolt was nipped up tightly.

6 weeks since it arrived, I finally got around to unplugging the Viofo HW kit from the car and hooking up the Powercore battery.

The only issue I ran into was that the ground connector was not large enough to fit over the shank of the grounding bolt in my car. It's a closed loop, unlike the 'fork-shaped' connector on the Viofo kit. I clipped a bit out of the closed ring and made sure the bolt was nipped up tightly.

I had to do exactly the same.

i have this too . I have also got their viofo hw cable and the extra green adapter but im going to be using it using the cig adapter instead of messing with the car's fuses . With one camera powering from this combined with their excellent run down times i believe it will never run down while the car is off

did you get a order confirmation email or tracking number? I ordered yesterday, but all I got so far is the PayPal email.

did you get a order confirmation email or tracking number? I ordered yesterday, but all I got so far is the PayPal email.
Just the PayPal

are you all happy with this ? so far no complaints from me

Where have you placed it being so big ? Under the seat ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for new stock to arrive in germany
will then order 2 batteries + 2 extension
have a small compartment under the trunk space where they will fit

I put mine under the passenger seat. It is good for the wiring, I put it down the rubber parts of the door seal.
There is Velcro supplied that stops the battery moving by attaching to the carpet.

I was told you can connect up to 8 cameras in that thing but I don’t understand how ?

You can connect as many parking mode kits or cigarette lighter adaptors or whatever you want, by wiring them into the power output. It has 12V and 5V.

So if I wanted to connect one more cam that has just a cig adapter howndo I do it ? I can cut the cig adapter and split the 2 cables and then what? Each hole on the green adapter already has cables yellow red and a ground black. Unless I can put more than one cable in each hole ?

Back