Looking for DashCam with over long battery life, park mode, wireless upload, live view, and more

I'm totally down with that
But powerbanks,good ones are expensive.Link you put in your post above,price in it isnt for one piece,50 pieces min.order,never heard about that brand either.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk

But powerbanks,good ones are expensive.Link you put in your post above,price in it isnt for one piece,50 pieces min.order,never heard about that brand either.

Sent from my CUBOT MAX using Tapatalk
What powerbanks are you talking about? sorry not tech savvy

Decent quality power banks are available at modest cost. You don't have to spend a lot of money unless you want to. Personally, I have two 20,000 mAh generic banks that have been in daily service for 3 years/four months and 2 years/four months respectively.

There are now "name brand" power banks that are available from reputable companies that also happen to come with excellent warranties.

I can recommend both PowerAdd and RAVpower. The PowerAdd products come with a 24 month warranty and RAVpower banks come with a 12 month warranty with a 12 month extension option.

Basically, you can find a good 20,000 mAh or higher power bank for approximately 20 - 35 dollars, especially if you watch the prices on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&fi...ode=qs&sourceid=Mozilla-search&tag=mozilla-20

https://www.amazon.com/s/138-932058...ode=qs&sourceid=Mozilla-search&tag=mozilla-20

Last edited:
do you guys trust big bricks of LiPo power in a potentially hot car, though? I wouldn't feel good about that at all.

@boilers started this thread about the netgear arlo GO which lasts for a very long time on battery, has LTE connectivity to enable cloud recording / live look-in, uses motion detect to trigger a recording. but it's not discreet, not cheap and records in 720P only.

do you guys trust big bricks of LiPo power in a potentially hot car, though? I wouldn't feel good about that at all.

@boilers started this thread about the netgear arlo GO which lasts for a very long time on battery, has LTE connectivity to enable cloud recording / live look-in, uses motion detect to trigger a recording. but it's not discreet, not cheap and records in 720P only.
at this point, price isn't too much of a factor. as for quality, long as i can get a good description of a persons face that is recognizable that's all that matters. I could makeshift something to hide the camera, too bad it doesn't come in black. idk why though they though white was a good choice in security color.

Last edited:
at this point, price isn't too much of a factor. as for quality, long as i can get a good description of a persons face that is recognizable that's all that matters. I could makeshift something to hide the camera, too bad it doesn't come in black. idk why though they though white was a good choice in security color.

it's newer than the last generation arlo cams that I use at the house so it may have a better sensor/lens. and I can honestly say that it has enough clarity to make out individuals.

and if you're concerned with white attracting attention, there are skins made for arlo cameras in a variety of colors. perhaps you can find one that matches your interior.

Last edited:
Ya mainly I need something that can allow me to to have long battery life, more than 10 hours at least, 12 preferred, and can record and upload, preferred to cloud. But idk how that will work because my car is far away. so I con't think it will get a wide enough signal from my wifi. i know now, with all the information, that my dream dash cam sadly doesn't exist. but at least need the ability to have long battery life and record clips. both arlo go and this dash cam https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01AMKOCEM are sounding like they might be what i need. the hard part of about all of this is the power. idk how people manage on YT to have hours of footage but people are telling me a dash came has at best an 30 min to an hour. so idk how these people have 3+ hours of recording through the day. if i could change it so that in drive mode it records and in park mode it goes to motion sensor that would be great. I can't imagine using the Cigarette lighter receptacle that my car has for power because I don't want to kill the battery, unless I am completely misunderstanding how it works because I use my GPS for long travels and I have an alarm system on my car when it's locked so idk if a dash cam would or wouldn't kill my car's battery. if it doesn't then a power bank might be needed.

plenty of us here have our dashcams wired with a BDP (battery discharge prevention) kit. it allows us to power the cameras from our car batteries until a certain low voltage threshold or time limit. my multi safer kit allows me to power 2x cameras for 8-10 hours after a 30 minute commute recharges my car battery.

but since you require cloud upload, I still think my netgear arlo go suggestion is a notable option. my arlo camera batteries typically last me 3 months of usage pointing at my driveway and street where there is a healthy dose of movement.

Back