Lukas LK-7950 WD FHD & FHD Wi-Fi

JackInCT-USA

Reaction score
Country
United States

This dashcam has wifi capability; and Lukas now has an android app [Lukas Eye Dashcam wifi app] that is suppose to support its line of wifi capable dashcams. There is next to no app description on the Google App Play Store re how this app works.

It would appear that this app uses the cam's built in wifi to display the cam's video on the smartphone/tablet (I get the impression, but I could be wrong, that it transmits the video via wifi rather than smartphone's cellular connection [BUT maybe it can do both].

If it can ONLY transmit via wifi, its range must be rather limited, i. e., I mean like only inside the vehicle. IF that's the case, I'm not seeing what the functional purpose of this capability is since all you have to do is look out the windshield to see what the dashcam is seeing.

Anyone know how this wifi dashcam and android app is suppose to work?

This dashcam has wifi capability; and Lukas now has an android app [Lukas Eye Dashcam wifi app] that is suppose to support its line of wifi capable dashcams. There is next to no app description on the Google App Play Store re how this app works.

It would appear that this app uses the cam's built in wifi to display the cam's video on the smartphone/tablet (I get the impression, but I could be wrong, that it transmits the video via wifi rather than smartphone's cellular connection [BUT maybe it can do both].

If it can ONLY transmit via wifi, its range must be rather limited, i. e., I mean like only inside the vehicle. IF that's the case, I'm not seeing what the functional purpose of this capability is since all you have to do is look out the windshield to see what the dashcam is seeing.

Anyone know how this wifi dashcam and android app is suppose to work?

Did you check the LK-7950 section?
There are threads with in depth review on this:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-and-instruction-for-lk-7950wd-dashcam.10315/
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...el-1080p-front-and-rear-dashcam-review.10300/

I have tested it behind the car around 20 feet away from the front camera and wifi streaming works fine.

It only works from it's wifi access point (it creates its own wifi router to connect to), not 4G signal.
Check the linked thread for details.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threa...-and-instruction-for-lk-7950wd-dashcam.10315/

Last edited by a moderator:
It only works from it's wifi access point (it creates its own wifi router to connect to), not 4G signal.
Check the linked thread for details.
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/lukas-eye-dashcam-wifi-app-android-app-installation-and-instruction-for-lk-7950wd-dashcam.10315/[/QUOTE]

OK Thanks for the thread...BUT...
My original post/question still stands--just when would having a dashcam with wifi capability and the Lukas app have some functional/practical application (either in the vehicle with my smartphone or possibly at home on my desktop PC (which has wifi capability [with the dashcam having a wifi connection to my PC])? I am not understanding just what use there could possibly ever be for having a dashcam that has wifi.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK Thanks for the thread...BUT...
My original post/question still stands--just when would having a dashcam with wifi capability and the Lukas app have some functional/practical application (either in the vehicle with my smartphone or possibly at home on my desktop PC (which has wifi capability [with the dashcam having a wifi connection to my PC])? I am not understanding just what use there could possibly ever be for having a dashcam that has wifi.
If you don't need wifi in dashcam, then it's not for you.
Get something that has LCD screen without wifi and call it a day.

For me, wifi is great for transferring files to my phone without taking SD card out and to live stream videos plus uses less power.
It's not for internet.

Back