Mini 0803 coming

Could we please get a link to the latest firmware? Thanks!

Could we please get a link to the latest firmware? Thanks!

I hope the Mini 0803 has less variations and firmware fluctuations. I was a huge fan of the 0801 last year, but it wasn't 100% reliable. I think the new wave of A7 basedcameras will be better, we'll see. (looking forward to reviews

I hope the Mini 0803 has less variations and firmware fluctuations. I was a huge fan of the 0801 last year, but it wasn't 100% reliable. I think the new wave of A7 basedcameras will be better, we'll see. (looking forward to reviews

variation might be a problem for people that jump on one now, the product being manufactured next month has a hardware revision that will impact firmware results going forward

Easy to solve if hardware is clearly labeled/identified. 0803A, 0803B, etc.

What's changing in the hardware?

not so much about solving, the firmware for the models going forward will run on these pre release ones, the picture won't be ideal though as the image parameters it will be set for are going to differ, if you get one of these and you're happy with the firmware as is then nothing to worry about, further updates will only be based on the newest hardware spec though

not so much about solving, the firmware for the models going forward will run on these pre release ones, the picture won't be ideal though as the image parameters it will be set for are going to differ, if you get one of these and you're happy with the firmware as is then nothing to worry about, further updates will only be based on the newest hardware spec though

What new hardware specs are we expecting? I'm deciding if I should buy now or wait for the "updated" ones for next month.

I'm gonna follow jokiin's advice, I'm going to put this pre-released 0803 in the rear and wait a month for the full updated one.

optics are changing, firmware has to be dialed in to suit, if you're happy with how it looks now then go ahead I guess
That's disappointing to hear. :(
Hope that the version being released in 'limited numbers' now doesn't risk leaving @billknow , @JooVuu and @BlackBoxed.ca facing a whole series of warranty claims!:confused:

Just going to wait for the fully tried and tested version before buying a 2nd one

That's disappointing to hear. :(
Hope that the version being released in 'limited numbers' now doesn't risk leaving @billknow , @JooVuu and @BlackBoxed.ca facing a whole series of warranty claims!:confused:

I don't see there being warranty issues, any future firmware updates won't work as well on the early versions though, average Joe that buys online will probably never know the difference

I don't see there being warranty issues, any future firmware updates won't work as well on the early versions though, average Joe that buys online will probably never know the difference
Thanks jokiin, sounds like the infrequent nighttime effects are resolved then?!:confused:

Thanks jokiin, sounds like the infrequent nighttime effects are resolved then?!:confused:

it is being a bit better controlled than the 0801 was, I think too many factories had access to that model and the end result wasn't always as good as it should have been

it is being a bit better controlled than the 0801 was, I think too many factories had access to that model and the end result wasn't always as good as it should have been

That's somewhat Good, I spent months exchanging/updating the 0801 last year. It was a good learning experience though, and now I'm "in the business" :)

variation might be a problem for people that jump on one now, the product being manufactured next month has a hardware revision that will impact firmware results going forward

So how will we know when the 'revised' product is in stock and that an order will not result in one of the 'current stock' being supplied???

So how will we know when the 'revised' product is in stock and that an order will not result in one of the 'current stock' being supplied???

current stock is very minimal, it won't last, if you can buy one today it's the old version

Thanks Joiin.
I am waiting for one with the 8gb internal memory - which Fox said won't be in stock until after 6th May - so those will be the revised version will they.

Thanks Joiin.
I am waiting for one with the 8gb internal memory - which Fox said won't be in stock until after 6th May - so those will be the revised version will they.

I don't know who they buy off but the new PCB production starts on 4th of May, if they're telling you availability is after the 6th then quite possible they're talking about the updated version, obviously being local they'll be able to get them soon after production happens

Back