Mini 0803 Firmware Request Thread

I had that speed limited feature in an older model we did and I took it out, the Russians like it but it goes against what we are trying to promote which is the safety aspect of the cameras
Given a few minutes of video it would be very obvious that the speed was wrong anyway and that could be used against you and could easily lead to an investigation of the real speed, speed can almost always be calculated fairly accurately from the video anyway given a little work.

safety aspect of the cameras

The speed can always be calculated, it's not going to fool anyone, I think it just sends the wrong message for us if we endorse this kind of functionality in the product

Safety always is number one. I don't condone hauling ass and I am sure we all know that if someone is doing 10+ miles over the speed limit it is going to be noticeable so I understand where you are coming from. I guess I am just part of the more features the better crowd to help please as many people as possible as long as they don't hinder the cameras main ability to capture good video day or night.

You have the option in the menu to choose where to save the card, internal or external.
To change the language to English I leave images of the process:

Cambio (Small).jpg

What is the best settings work for this firmware please

Last edited:
Sooooo...
Can anyone give me step by steps on how to install the upgrade?
Do I just need to install the latest one?
Thanks

Can anyone give me step by steps on how to install the upgrade?
1. Download the firmware file
2. Change the file name to firmware if it is not already
3. Copy the firmware.bin to the root of your memory card
4. Put it in your Mini
5. Boot your Mini
6. Select Yes/Ja/or what ever is on the right side when the screen comes on.
7. The screen will say processing for about 2 mins
8. The camera will turn off

After that turn the camera back on select No at the screen so you don't flash it again. Stop the auto recording if it starts. Format the memory card and the do a reset to default.

Do I just need to install the latest one?
You can try different ones and see what you like best. Just repeat the above steps to flash another firmware. I had gone back and forth multiple times while writing my review.

Here is a whole list of firmware
http://dc.p-mc.eu/0803/firmware

I had been using the
20140804 GPS + 1CARD Version 1.0 German/English/Russian, iTracker branded

I now use the
20140919 GPS + 2CARDS Procam firmware: Limit max speed stamp, set poweroff delay

A 2 card firmware is for an 0803 with internal storage.
A 1 card firmware is for an 0803 that has to use an SD card.

You can use a 1 card firmware on a 2 card device. You just won't be able to use it without an SD card with that firmware

You can use a 2 card firmware on a one card device. It will just give an error without an SD card in and should record to the SD card no matter if inner or outer is selected.

There are also some custom firmwares I have tried that flashed okay. They can be found here
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/custom-firmware-procam-cx4-revision-3-0.6715/

What is the best settings work for this firmware please
I am running everything as high as possible and then the Exposure Value is always a little bit of trial and error for your local area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like the level of video sharpening to be user selectable. It is way over sharpened in my 0805 (I know this is 0803 thread, but same people listening ;-) ), a lower level of sharpening gives you much more scope for post processing and enhancement. With the simple sharpening applied in the camera the raw data has been lost.

I guess that can be done with menu-value editing. Does the 0805 have a menu setting for sharpness?

Reactions: Mtz
Could still be possible through menu value editing but I'm not sure

Hi all, just received my 0803. I bought it on Amazon.

I checked the installed software version and it is 201411118 V1

So I assume I have something newer than is available otherwise?
Also, how do I check that I have internal storage? I purchased the DVR+32GB option from amazon. But when I plug the camera into the computer (using the port on the camera not the mount) I do not get a separate drive. The SD card is not loaded.

Hi all, just received my 0803. I bought it on Amazon.

I checked the installed software version and it is 201411118 V1

So I assume I have something newer than is available otherwise?
Also, how do I check that I have internal storage? I purchased the DVR+32GB option from amazon. But when I plug the camera into the computer (using the port on the camera not the mount) I do not get a separate drive. The SD card is not loaded.

My guess you received the newer Mini model 0805 which does not ship with the internal option. Only can use with a SD card external option. Do not do any firmware updating until you are sure which unit 0803/0805 you have. Check your available video resolution to determine. Can't remember which ones are new with the Mini 0805 but just do a search of the 0803 and 0805 forums.

Last edited:
My guess you received the newer Mini model 0805 which does not ship with the internal option. Only can use with a SD card external option. Do not do any firmware updating until you are sure which unit 0803/0805 you have. Check your available video resolution to determine. Can't remember which ones are new with the Mini 0805 but just do a search of the 0803 and 0805 forums.
Thank you.

My highest resolution is 2304x1296 30P which gave me the impression it was an 0803

that would be the 0803
Or the 0805!

The distinguishing resolution is the 2560x1080 30fps 21:9 mode which is only available on 0805/0806.

Back