Mini 0803 Firmware Request Thread

Okay, I speak with E-PRANCE for report the errors, I tell what speak with manufacturer for fix the errors (microphone don't mute after reboot the camera, sound configurable and too make suggestions).
I hope what they solve the errors a minimum, have told me that they will talk to them and they will try to fix.
About the suggestions do not know if it's possible but I need try :D.

I hope to release new version soon.

Regards.

I have emailed Eprance already with these issues and they emailed back that they are discussing them with the manufacturer.

not sure if anyone is interested.. but with help from tobi@s.. i removed the startup/shutdown images and melodies. now when it starts up it's quiet with blank/black image.

modified firmware here http://www.sendspace.com/file/vgzipd

based on 20140510 v1 firmware.
Thanks for posting this @giddyup69 - It works a treat. No more annoying start-up or shutdown images & melodies!!:)

... But you'll never know when 0803 gets stuck at start ;)

... But you'll never know when 0803 gets stuck at start ;)
The modified Firmware only takes off the 'Corvette' (?) car image and the start-up/shut down chimes. Everything else remains the same.;)
I still use a setting where screen is on for 1 minute at start-up (before turning off automatically), so I can see that it is recording OK. After this the flashing 'blue' LED would show that it is working anyhow, as it would do normally.

Last edited:
Of course, but if (like me) you have hidden the cam behind rear view mirror, you won't see anything ;)
And I'm not sure you will check each time you start the car that the blue led is flashing.

Yep, I imagine it's a little bit like jokiin's "valet parking mode" all the time now....:p
I can always return it to the original FW if I have any issues.;)

It's only partially hidden by the rear view mirror. I can see the flashing LED all the time, as we drive on the 'wrong' side over here!

Last edited:
if the image is blocked when recording starts you only need reset the settings after update the firmware and work fine, I said this because happened to me once and just did this and everything was solved.
Of course, but if (like me) you have hidden the cam behind rear view mirror, you won't see anything ;)
And I'm not sure you will check each time you start the car that the blue led is flashing.
I too have the camera camera behind the rearview mirror, but when the camera start recording, I can hear the sound, then I know when the camera start recording.

Regards.

Recently bought camera via Aliexpress and found the microphone need to be muted every time camera starts. Its so annoying. Is there any fix for the microphone mute bug? I am using firmware 20140611. I am thinking to return my camera because of this bug.

Recently bought camera via Aliexpress and found the microphone need to be muted every time camera starts. Its so annoying. Is there any fix for the microphone mute bug? I am using firmware 20140611. I am thinking to return my camera because of this bug.
This is a known bug with no fix.

The blinking light is driving me crazy. I wish there was a setting in which the LED can be permanently turned off. During the daytime its not that bad, but at night the red and blue blinking keeps making me feel like I have a cop behind me. This has to be fixed.

I have sometimes the same feeling about cops behind me :D
But turning led off will only be possible when the firmware will be fixed.
My 0803 does not work 1 week without crashing...
Sometimes it shutdown with shutdown sound and sometimes just stop recording with LDWS sound....

The blinking light is driving me crazy. I wish there was a setting in which the LED can be permanently turned off. During the daytime its not that bad, but at night the red and blue blinking keeps making me feel like I have a cop behind me. This has to be fixed.
I agree, that blinking is very dstracing. But you dont actualy have to turn the light off. You can play with colors.
Red-recording
Yellow-charging
Orange-charging recording
Green-standby
Etc

Maybe I just got lucky, but my mute button that totally did not work:eek:, did it again after installing firmware 20140804 Version 1.0
German / English / Russian, iTracker branded.:rolleyes:

I have also tested version -MEGtech 0812 , but without any positive result.(mute button)

Last edited:
Maybe I just got lucky, but my mute button that totally did not work:eek:, did it again after installing firmware 20140804 Version 1.0
German / English / Russian, iTracker branded.:rolleyes:

I have also tested version -MEGtech 0812 , but without any positive result.(mute button)
Strangely they fixed it in the 0804 firmware and broke it again in the 0812 firmware, 2 weeks later and they still haven't fixed it again. The firmware updates on this camera are very slow and even when an update is released it hasnt fixed any issues despite the change log itemising them!!

Can we please have GPS data in GPX format? or at least one of the (many) text formats supported by GPSbabel? The world does not need yet another GPS data file format.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GPS_eXchange_Format

I'd also like an option to not delete the GPS data when video files need to be overwritten. The GPS files are tiny in comparison.

Back