Mini 0807

IMO

I think if the 0807 is almost the same as the 0806, they changed the name because of marketing. That way when someone googles it, they won't see all the bad reports of the early 0806.

But if all the 0807 come with a capacitor instated of a battery, then the name change justified.

As far as the paeking guard, if they never come out with a parking mount for the 0806. The 0807 name change is marketing.

Flop or not, (time will tell) the 0806 made enormous strides in dealing with the heat issues inherent in previous iterations of the mini series with the introduction of a heat sink and extensive use of ventilation holes in the camera's shell. I don't see any sort of ventilation in the renderings of the 0807. Just sayin'.

Edit: Wait! On closer examination, there are some holes....but the ventilation seems nowhere near as extensive as on the 0806.

Flop or not, (time will tell) the 0806 made enormous strides in dealing with the heat issues inherent in previous iterations of the mini series with the introduction of a heat sink and extensive use of ventilation holes in the camera's shell. I don't see any sort of ventilation in the renderings of the 0807. Just sayin'.

Edit: Wait! On closer examination, there are some holes....but the ventilation seems nowhere near as extensive as on the 0806.

ventilation is a double edged sword, great for heat dissipation, pretty good for EMF dissipation into other electronics too

April fool's day was yesterday!
It is not folling people anyway,also Mini 0807 shall have parking guard feature as standard also then.

ventilation is a double edged sword, great for heat dissipation, pretty good for EMF dissipation into other electronics too

Understood. Yet the serious heat issues with the previous mini models led to the case redesign, heat sink and copious ventilation holes in the 0806 and this essentially cured the problem. In my testing of a 0806 production sample there were no EMF issue that I could detect.

it is actually the customers design, it has been done to their request, it wasn't actually the manufacturer that thought this to be necessary

I think one of the problems also of the 0805/6 is the PCB design. It's not actually that efficient so it would be interesting to see if the new version is far better planned, connected etc.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

I think one of the problems also of the 0805/6 is the PCB design. It's not actually that efficient so it would be interesting to see if the new version is far better planned, connected etc.

Kind regards,

JooVuu

there are some limitations to the design, you'd hope it's an evolutionary process where things are gradually improved

Faraday cages have great ventilation and block EMF perfectly:
beth.jpg

Plastic cases have no effect on EMF anyway so adding holes has no effect.

Maybe a small fan is needed on dashcams for heat issues but then the fan may have noises.

it is actually the customers design, it has been done to their request, it wasn't actually the manufacturer that thought this to be necessary

Regardless of who requested the design, the heat problems with the 0803 were well known. I even recall an effort to address the 0803 problem with a heat sink quite some time ago because of stability issues with the IC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Faraday cages have great ventilation and block EMF perfectly:
beth.jpg

Plastic cases have no effect on EMF anyway so adding holes has no effect.
Metallic coatings are used on the inside of the plastics, not as effective when its peppered with holes, not easy to apply in that situation either

Regardless of who requested the design, the heat problems with the 0803 were well known. I even recall an effort to address the 0803 problem with a heat sink quite some time ago because of stability issues with the IC.
The heat problems are inherent to the A7 platform unfortunately

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the Mini company will not hurry as with 0806. They should release this model when it is ready for sure. The start of 0805 was OK, compared to 0806.
Just by looking at the (copy-paste) specs, until now I am a little disappointed because I don't see something really different from 0805. And the 0805 was not too different compared to 0803. So, again? But maybe we will see a capacitor inside 0807.

But looking more carefully at the 0805 pictures I see two holes in the mount and one is round, so I expect that will be for external GPS. I like the Mini idea with GPS antenna included inside the mount but now I don't know what to say if the GPS antenna will be external. Also I expect an external antenna to cost more than 0805 because already I know the A118 external GPS costs more than the whole Mini 0805 mount with GPS antenna inside.
Also I see two slots for cards, so the copy-paste specs are not so real regarding internal memory. And a bump (?) at end of the case, near lens.

enjoy,
Mtz

I hope the Mini company will not hurry as with 0806.

I know all of us involved with evaluating pre-production samples of the 0806 know what kind of forethought and attention to detail went into the design of that camera but unless there is follow through with workmanship and quality control in the manufacturing process it all doesn't amount to very much.

Its hard to know when you're not dealing with the manufacturer directly how much information gets through or how well understood it is

Back