Mini 0807

Don't really care about Parking Guard, more importantly they should make a more stable and bug-free 0807, as well as improving on the image quality.

Personally, integrated GPS in the mount is a must, if they decide to attach an external GPS module to 0807 then it is off my list. Capacitor instead of battery is also what I am hoping for too.

Don't really care about Parking Guard, more importantly they should make a more stable and bug-free 0807, as well as improving on the image quality.

Personally, integrated GPS in the mount is a must, if they decide to attach an external GPS module to 0807 then it is off my list. Capacitor instead of battery is also what I am hoping for too.
The Parking Guard is good, I've been using it since the start of the year. Nobody has hit my car to test it out yet though so no proof that it is useful for anything but seagulls!

The 0806 also seems very stable and doesn't have lots of bugs. Just the auto card change issue and the issue with starting the car engine soon after shutting the doors. But the two of them are well defined and easily understandable , not random unexplained problems like certain other cameras have at the moment https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/my-gripes-with-x2.10404/page-2#post-135839 , and neither stop the camera being used, in fact most people never experience them.

You can always improve image and sound quality. And an optional capacitor version is obviously desirable, although then you couldn't use parking guard without hardwiring the camera so given that nobody has yet had any battery or heat issues with the 0806, maybe wanting a super capacitor version is like wanting a Ferrari - everyone would like one but for normal every day use it is impractical!

Last edited by a moderator:

The manufacturer learned much from 0803/805/806, so in 0807 some problems will be avoided like GPS mount issue, over heat.
The GPS is still built-in the mount, also parking Guard is supported.

Good to know GPS is still built into the mount.
As for capacitor, Nigel, it is true the battery in my Mini 0801 still works after one and three quarter years of use, but I live in Australia with hot summer sun, unlike you in cooler UK, so you can understand I prefer a capacitor version now. Not sure what you mean by impractical for normal every day use?

Good to know GPS is still built into the mount.
As for capacitor, Nigel, it is true the battery in my Mini 0801 still works after one and three quarter years of use, but I live in Australia with hot summer sun, unlike you in cooler UK, so you can understand I prefer a capacitor version now. Not sure what you mean by impractical for normal every day use?

I'm not sure what he means by, "wanting a super capacitor version is like wanting a Ferrari". Who knew?

Last edited:
I'm not sure what he means by, "wanting a super capacitor version is like wanting a Ferrari". Who knew?
Or does that imply dashcams with super capacitors are only for Ferrari?
That'll give me a reason to buy one. ;)

Wait, what? That was fast! Did they fix all the 0806 problems? What's the rush, the 0806 was just released. Better to earn buyer confidence by fixing the 0806 so there is a mini that REALLY works rather than pushing it off by introducing a new model. Is it the same manufacturer rushing these out?

Wait, what? That was fast! Did they fix all the 0806 problems? What's the rush, the 0806 was just released. Better to earn buyer confidence by fixing the 0806 so there is a mini that REALLY works rather than pushing it off by introducing a new model. Is it the same manufacturer rushing these out?
Yes, I think the two main remanding problems with the 0806 is not using the 2 SD cards as advertised and they have not release the optional parking guard, which was also advertised. Are there any more? Are they going to leave their customers by not living up to what was promoted?

To be honest I've been scratching my head trying to work out how this parking guard bracket was meant to work with the 0806
Mini 0806 do not have parking guard function(which is not an additional accesssory).
Mini 0807 will have this function.
When car is parking,there is any crash on the car,dash camera would start to recording for several minutes

I really hope the 2 SD card problem is going to be solved in the real near future, for me it was the main reason to buy the 0806.
For me it's now too late to return the dashcam and actually I don't want to return it because, beside this problem, I like the camera.
It seems to me that the problem should easily solvable because the main mechanism works fine, the switching isn't the problem but the first checks at the start of the recording needs some fine-tuning.

Should it not be solved by a firmware release and the current users are left in the cold, I'm sure this was the first but also the last time I bought a mini series dashcam. But the next problem is then: what to buy next?

@Rayman.Chan
Is the firmware for the 0806 still worked on or is the development of the software come to a halt?
A small reply would be nice.

Mini 0806 do not have parking guard function(which is not an additional accesssory).
Mini 0807 will have this function.
When car is parking,there is any crash on the car,dash camera would start to recording for several minutes
Page 17 of the 0806 manual states there is a parking guard mount as an accessory. @Rayman.Chan from mini has stated it will be available for the 0806.

Page 17 of the 0806 manual states there is a parking guard mount as an accessory. @Rayman.Chan from mini has stated it will be available for the 0806.
Probably says specifications subject to change as well
I did not find that in the manual but on page 7 of the 0806 manual it states the parking mount is available as an accessory.

I agree with @PedroN in an above post about this being my first & last mini should the 0806 uses be left out in the cold. I will also bring this up should future threads ask about the 0807.

Last edited:
Don't get me wrong, I agree with what you're saying, the whole thing hasn't been handled very well

I think the 0806 is being dropped for many if not all of the 5 reasons stated below.

1. The 0807 appears not to support the 160 degree upside down mounting like the 0806. They found this caused too many problems. The most serious being excess stress on the internal wires / solder connections. The 160 degree upside does also presently has some minor problems which could be fixed by firmware updates. Two minor problems are a bug in the sub menu of the view menu and the stamped text in the upper left of the video being difficult to see because of the background. The text should be in the lower right like the non 180 degree flip mode.

2. Unable to produce a reliable parking guard mount. The 0806 mount contains 4 connections. I think 2 for power and 2 for GPS. I think they planned just to turn power on to the camera for a short period after a parking incident. This may cause instability. It also caused getting video only AFTER the incident. A better solution would be to have the camera in a low power recording state caching the data in local RAM. Then copy it to the microSD cached from a point a little before the incident. I don't know if the 0807 will save the data only after the incident or from a little before the incident.

3. The 0807 appears to support only one microSD card. Maybe they found it too hard to support two? One would think a firmware update could fixed this.

4. The 0807 appears to not support a CPL filter. The filter was a great idea but several users have reported rattling noise in videos or the filter rotating because of vibrations. Using tape to secure the filter is not a good solution.

5. Marketing. Even if they could fix all the major problems in the 0806, anyone thinking about buying one will see many of the early reported problems when they google it.

I'm not happy with this but I think @Rayman.Chan should at least update the firmware in the 0806 to fix the problem in my item 3 and the two minor problems in my item 1. The two minor problems in my item 1 are better described in below thread link. That thread also has a video with a rattling CPL filter

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/“rotate-image-180”-comments-and-a-small-bug.10367/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just wanted to mention I really hope the low screen off times make it into the 0807 as well.

I think the 0806 is being dropped for many if not all of the 5 reasons stated below.
The 0806 has not been dropped yet, even the 0801 is still available!

Batch 3 of the 0806 should arrive in the stores soon complete with a few upgrades to address some of your issues. It should be a good buy now that most of the issues have been sorted, especially if there is a firmware update too to sort the card switching and parking guard issues.

Your item 1 - fixed in batch 3, apart from the firmware feature that you don't like.
Your item 2 - I think the GPS only uses one line, the 4th line is available for use by the parking guard.
Your item 3 - All mini cameras have had two cards, the difference with the 0806 is that both are externally accessible, nothing more.
Your item 4 - I suspect sorted in Batch 3.5 ;)
Your item 5 - It is a good camera, most have been built OK and we are no longer seeing new people posting about build issues anyway, although that might be helped by the fact that many places seem to be sold out, but that suggests that it is selling well despite some negative posts.

Thank you four your reply.

My item 1: Glad is should be fixed in batch 3 but they said the same thing about batch 2. At least one of the firmware issues is a bug as up is down and down is up. It is better explained in the thread I gave the link to. I hope they fix it with a firmware update.

My item 2: Post 14 in this thread states there will be no parking guard feature or parking guard mount for the 0806 even when it is both advertised to have it and states so in the manual. You did not address if they will provide a reliable parking guard in your reply.

My item 3: You did not address if they plan to fix it with a firmware update.

My item 4: You suspect they will fixed it in batch 3.5? You suspected no one else had the problem when I first reported it. Then several others reported they also have the problem. This should have been found by the early testers before it went into production. That way no one who got batch 1, 2, and 3 would have the problem. I would like to be a tester.

My item 5: I agree with you and hope they don't drop it because of marketing.

@Nigel Please don't get me wrong. You are very helpful on the forum. I hope you are correct about @Rayman.Chan not dropping the 0806 and most remaining problems will be fixed. I would like to offer @Rayman.Chan to be a tester. I have both have the technical skills and the time. I'm new to dash cams but that may help find issues someone with more dash cam experience don't.

Last edited:
Back