Mini 0807

You did not address...
Maybe because I don't know the answer!

You suspected no one else had the problem when I first reported it.
The problem had not been reported, or at least not reported enough times for me to notice it, my comment was partly to ask if anyone else had the problem which it turned out they had. (I did put a '?' on the end.) As a result, a modification has been made to future 0806 which I suspect will cure the issue.

Even if it was a total failure they'd still make it if a buyer wants to order it, copy DVR207s are testament to supply and demand

Which again reinforce my view of never be the first batch of buyers to buy a new dashcam model, even worse if you decide to pre-order one. Wait for at least a month and let other people be the "beta-testers" to sort out the initial problems first. If all of us decide to be smart and not to dive head-first into buying a new dashcam model, then maybe those manufacturers will have to rethink about properly testing their dashcams before start selling them. Quality-made and well-supported manufacturers who are well-known in this forum such as jokiin's Street Guardian are the few exceptions people can have more confidence to purchase straightaway.

I just wish the manufacturer based in Shenzhen would fix the current problems with the 0806 before launching the 0807.

The 0806 I purchased works very well apart from the fact that it doesn't write to the 2nd SD card as shown on all the advertising literature which I have saved as screenshots or PDF files.

This fault isn't a major problem for me because if it isn't resolved it will be returned to the seller under UK law as a pre-existing fault.

What it does do is damage the reputation of the Mini 080X series of dash cameras especially when there are more reliable dash cams available that do provide better reliability and after-sales service such as the Mobius dash camera.

Having purchased an Eprace 0801 (which I have been thoroughly pleased with) the 0806 has been somewhat disappointing, and certainly not worth double the price, and now I learn it's being replaced by the 0807, whilst faults remain on the 0806 I'm pretty disgusted.

Google will piece together the 0806 dash cam and 0807 dash cam posts pretty soon ;)

I'm quite sure there's a greater majority that sit back and watch and don't want to take a chance with our products either, I completely understand that, I feel a lot of people have been very forgiving of the shortcomings in the 0806, even some that have suffered through earlier models which is quite amazing really

Having purchased an Eprace 0801 (which I have been thoroughly pleased with) the 0806 has been somewhat disappointing, and certainly not worth double the price

you must have been late to the party with the 0801, it went through 12 months of pain and many production runs before it became stable

I learn it's being replaced by the 0807, whilst faults remain on the 0806 I'm pretty disgusted.

you learnt there is another model coming, nobody said the 0806 was getting canned

I'm quite sure there's a greater majority that sit back and watch and don't want to take a chance with our products either, I completely understand that, I feel a lot of people have been very forgiving of the shortcomings in the 0806, even some that have suffered through earlier models which is quite amazing really

Agree. If dashcam is like car industry, they would have to order a total recall of Mini 0806 to get those problems fixed. I have learnt my lesson when I bought my 0801 quite early after it was released, luckily its stability has been fixed after a few months of firmware updates and it has been rock-solid stable and performs as it is advertised. When 0806 was announced, I like its more-professional design and better night video, but because of lack of capacitor I decide not to buy it. Hope its problems can be fixed with firmware updates in the future, otherwise it is very unfair for buyers to put up with a "faulty" product. Also hope 0807 is more problem-free unlike earlier Mini 080X so far, which is why I rather prefer a stable 0807 than a 0807 with new features e.g. Parking Guard but bug-ridden.

Yes, I should have waited. But I had a road trip coming and wanted a dash camera before the trip. I trusted what was advertised. Now I know better.

There are tests for functionality that can be tested in the company but some issues still make it through.
The other part cannot be tested as much and that is issues that arise from prolonged use. That can only be tested by real time use.
If you keep waiting for perfect product, you will never own one.
So get something for immediate use and research for something that works better.

That kind of goes with a philosophy I had of not buying things in the middle. Meaning if you buy something low end, you have it for use and if it breaks or not happy with, who cares because it was cheap. If you buy something in the middle, you may not be happy with it and wish you spent more to get something better. Somehow, I gotten away from that philosophy as I grew older.

It's all nice that the next batches won't have the, so far reported, problems any more but as far as I'm concerned only one thing is important: a firmware upgrade, because a new batch with modifications won't "repair" my model, unless the manufacturer is willing to swap/recall the early batches but that is as realistic as believing in Santa Claus.

And if a new firmware needs beta-testing I'm also willing to participate in the testing.

IMHO their plan is to correct all the bads of the 806 but have also learned from our posts that they should re-study some treats of their design... which leads to a different number !

For example if you take a deeper look at those specs/pictures you'll see that they probably replaced the buggy up/dn buttons by a sidewheel + OK button +emergency one on the body cap side and they would include a parking guard mount as default which probably suppose that they'll make it supercaps enabled (with RPC battery this time)

Maybe more which cannot be seen from outside ;)

For the internal SD, I doubt as I also still see the 2 slots +HDMI out (+round reset ?)... But who knows... If there is WiFi... That could be a lesser drawbacks (even if I find internal SD not user friendly)

I also think that the vents are of the same amount but hidden in those long grooves for who worries

This is a thread just to draw some attention for JooVuu for marketing purposes. I don't think that pictures will be for the real final camera. I already observed the mount have some hole for GPS antenna, but billknow said the GPS will be inside mount.
The pictures are 0805 style. The mini0807.com is registered by the same registrar as mini0806.com so I expected the 0807 to be something like 0806.
Also I don't understand for what is good a site like mini0806.com if that model is their latest model for just few months. How to buy today a 0806 and entering in this forum you will see a new model is almost ready.

How to open a thread about Iphone 7 and post some pictures? For sure someday will be a iPhone 7 and in the same way will be a 0807.

I am feeling wasting my time reading such thread based on guessing. JooVuu have a member in China and I expect from that member with real cameras in her hands to show us some news, not some PC pictures which can be never the final product. I think the manufacturer is not happy about this because such news can stop their actual sales of Mini cameras and in the mean time until launching the 0807, people lose interest for it and buying another camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

I find it a bit typical that there is absolute no reaction from @Rayman.Chan
If anyone would know he is

People is waiting Rayman here with a new firmware for 0806 which will fix the bug about SD Cards. Maybe he will post in our forum again when he will have news. Firmware news.

enjoy,
Mtz

I find it a bit typical that there is absolute no reaction from @Rayman.Chan
If anyone would know he is

I can't speak for @Rayman.Chan but there have often been times when he is very active on these forums and other times when he disappears for periods of time. He usually apologizes when he returns and explains that he was very busy or away. That may well prove to be the case here.

This is a thread just to draw some attention for JooVuu for marketing purposes. I don't think that pictures will be for the real final camera.

Good point there. I guess if people want a dashcam now, just buy one that is available on the market now, no point waiting for Mini 0807 because there could be a chance it may turn out to be another disappointment.

It is not about disappointment, I wrote into the end of my post: can affect the Mini sales.
Most complaints I saw on DCT forum were regarding 0806 and not 0805. And I was very surprised because I was beta-tester for 0806, the things started very well, Rayman and us made a very good team, but the official start of 0806 was not like the team expected. 0805 was released in silence, no beta testers and less complaints from forum users for the final product.
My 0806 was working great from the first day. I can assume that some sellers like JooVuu put pressure on Rayman because they already announced the camera, some of them started pre-sale and some buyers asked for the product paid as pre-sale. So Rayman put pressure on his manufacturing team and released the first batch of 0806 with some problems. And was a big lost for him because @Techmoan refused to review his camera just because of too many problems.
And what was the end? After putting pressure, JooVuu started complaining in public about quality of the 0806 and they announced they will stop selling it. Who is the most affected from all this story? @Rayman.Chan and 0806.

enjoy,
Mtz

My 0806 was working great from the first day
But what was working great from the first day? Certainly not the recording on dual cards, parking guard & taking a picture in hi-res recording mode.
I personally don't care for the features LDWS, FCWS and parking guard to name a few but the dual card recording is the feature which did let me choose for the 0806.
Indeed the basics works fine, good picture quality when using a CPL.

With the December 2014 firmware it was already known to the developers that it needed fine-tuning according to the description:
Firmware update Dec.29.2014 said:
This firmware is a milestone for Dual Card Camera.
There must be some slight bugs in the cards alternate recording; your feedback will be apperacited!
and there was also a comment on the firmware on 2/1/2015 that it didn't work.

I understand that debugging firmware takes some time but this problem should be tackled with high priority, because this is one of the (nicest) features why people are choosing for this model above other models (I think!).

But what was working great from the first day?
The camera.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back