modmost

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hey folks,
I am new here and I am willing to get a new DC. I came across the new Garmin lineup and I like the vault, life view, and the cloud notification options offered by them.
I am planning to get either mini 2 or 47. I like mini 2 for factor and do not care much about having screen, GPS or driver assistance (I heard it doesn't work as expected). The other differences includes 47 has a battery while mini 2 has a capacitor. Also the maximum capacity of 47 is 512 while mini 2 max at 256 (I am okay with 256). What do you think about 47 vs mini 2? which one do you recommend?

Here is a link comparing the new lineup: https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/cat...5&compareProduct=731443&compareProduct=731429

I am aware that the mini 1 had overheating problem with parking mode, but did 46 have the same issue too? Do you think that this problem is fixed with mini 2 and 47, giving that they mention that specifically in their specs?
Thanks

For me the parking guard, GPS and screen are important so I just got 57. Probably because 56 and 55 worked really well.

I have four 56, one for each side of the car. They hardly cost any more than the Mini, so why bother with the Mini. There also seems to be some heating issues with the Mini.

I have been testing the Mini 2 for about a week now, and so far it appears they have fix the overheating problem. I am going to continue testing it for another week before I do my formal review, but currently it looks like all things are good.

for me personally, the mini is my top pick for dash cams. It has good image quality, and the form factor is really its main selling point. It is a dash cam that nobody notices.

I have been testing the Mini 2 for about a week now, and so far it appears they have fix the overheating problem. I am going to continue testing it for another week before I do my formal review, but currently it looks like all things are good.

for me personally, the mini is my top pick for dash cams. It has good image quality, and the form factor is really its main selling point. It is a dash cam that nobody notices.
Enjoyed your review on YouTube. I’m definitely getting the Mini 2 and going to power it via Garmin’s OBD ‘Constant Power Cable’.

Fellow Brian.
I think many are misunderstanding your old test of the original mini, as i understand you the overheating only come as a result of something going wrong in the handover from parking guard to regular mode, but what ever was recorded while parked are still fine.
Many seem to think the camera overheat in general due to bad thermal characteristics, but thats not the case as i understand it, and im a guy who have English as a #2 language.

Just a little FYI some / many people need things set in stone before they understand it,,,,, otherwise (y)

Back