Mobius 2 Action/Dash Cam support thread

Boys and their toys :)

Just be happy you are not following the normal path, which is the price of said toys grow exponentially.

I must say that with the new firmware and the added adjustments in mSetup the image quality is vastly improved. I am now happy with the M2 and can take it off the shelf and put it to use.

Looking through my drive home yesterday (dusk through to night) I found some more exposure 'pulsing'. It seems to be intermittent, and affects all light sources when it's going off (street lights, car lights....)
I'm sending the original clip to Tom Frank at RCG for analysis

I don't see anything like that in my clips, but I've only used it one day since the update.

artificial lighting seems to set it off, it's fine during the day, not sure if 60Hz power areas have the same problem or not

I've just watched through about 2 hours of driving on mixed 1080p30WDR and 1080p60WDR, from dusk to completely dark, with lots of street lights. Only in 3 or 4 clips does this issue occur briefly, the rest are unaffected. Only seems to affect 1080p30.

I'm going to switch my camera to WDR-off, and try some of the other settings. I'm curious to try bright light vs low light exposure priority, but that's a global rather than mode-specific setting, making it a bit difficult to switch while out and about.

In the short clip, the flashes seem to coincide with the tree spacing on your right- was the sun over there? If so it might be reflections across the windshield from your side window. And that angle might coincide with the rest we haven't seen here- just thinking aloud ;)

Phil

I will change my settings to 60Hz and see if i can replicate the flickering, dont mind if signs and billboards in the footage is flickering, but when the footage itself do it is a pain to watch.

In the short clip, the flashes seem to coincide with the tree spacing on your right- was the sun over there? If so it might be reflections across the windshield from your side window. And that angle might coincide with the rest we haven't seen here- just thinking aloud ;)

Phil
There was no sunshine at that time, plus it was overcast.

In other words typical English summer :D

Hello all, this looks like a good and in depth forum that I'll be referring back to so thanks.

My question is I had the original mobius as a dashcam and found the mode button very useful for saving files but it no longer seems to work on the Mobius 2, nor is it in the manual as an option.
I've just updated the firmware so maybe that will help and sorry if this has been mentioned already but I couldn't find and mention of it as an issue, thanks everyone

I don't think the M2 has file protection yet in the way that you describe. They have been working on the image quality first. Additional features like that might be added later once the basic video is sorted.

I'm not having much luck getting the M2 to connect to my phone using OTG cable and Mobius ActionCam app. Once in a while I do get a connection, but less than 1 in 10 attempts.
Usind the same OTG cable & app which work ok with my M1.

Samsung Alpha

Now that I'm thinking about it, my phone doesn't like the SG OTG card reader either :(

Looking through my drive home yesterday (dusk through to night) I found some more exposure 'pulsing'.

I'm sending the original clip to Tom Frank at RCG for analysis
The good news is that Tom has been able to replicate the flickering effect and is passing my test results with his to the camera developers. Further testing is underway to identify the root causes of the problem.

How stable is the M2 right now? Can I go weeks or months without worrying about it stop recording?

How stable is the M2 right now? Can I go weeks or months without worrying about it stop recording?
Mine has been recording in my car without a hiccup for almost a year, initially using a 128GB card but now with a 200GB card. I always record at 1080p@60fps, H.265 and the highest video data rate.
For a few 10-hour trips I've also been driving a car without A/C with temps in the 30°C range.
For me, this camera is totally reliable and has started perfectly every single time and never, ever, turned off unexpectedly.
I don't normally have loop recording enabled because, for testing purposes, I want to be sure no clips are missed. After max. 10 hours I swap cards, but you'll need a 200GB card for this length of clips with the settings I use.

I format the card every now and again, maybe every month or two, not really sure exactly how often.

Back