Mobius mounting solutions

Have my lens extension on order.
Making a custom casing for it so it will hide my camera. Will look just like some kind of rain sensor.

Make sure the box you make is ventilated and the heat sinks aren't covered

I see from http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/rearview-mirror-mount-for-g1w.4236/ that some G1W owners are attaching their dashcam to the rear view mirror stem /arm.

There is an equivalent mount available for the Mobius...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161054754291
I thought it may be of interest to some Mobius owners, who have a suitably-profiled rear view mirror stem /arm in their car. Apologies if this has been mentioned in any of the previous 247 posts in this thread.
The mount you reference is fine (and it's available through BuyMobius.com); however it suspends the Mobius a couple of inches below the mirror. That's why I tried an approach that put the Mobius pretty much behind the mirror. Also, a magnetic or Velcro mount allows for easier removal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, a magnetic or Velcro mount allows for easier removal.

I've been using 3M velcro, but am finding with each "use" it becomes harder to get the camera fixed firmly in place. I'm going to look at converting over to magnetic.

I've been using 3M velcro, but am finding with each "use" it becomes harder to get the camera fixed firmly in place. I'm going to look at converting over to magnetic.
that is the downside to velcro. there are different types of velcro, a plastic one, and a material one. The material one frays and becomes useless over time.

The magnetic mounts look some sexy.

The magnetic mounts look some sexy.

Possibilities of sexy-magnetic solution I was experimenting for some time and I am in-love with that approach.
You probably saw many of my different magnetic solutions from DIY Projects.
I will be happy to see if more people would post their ideas using magnetic mount, - they are truly sexy as you said ! :)

3m dual lock > velcro.
Yes, the "Dual Lock" looks like it might be a better proposition than the traditional velcro ( like I've used.) However , it will probably suffer from the same problem of the adhesive "letting go".

Yes, the "Dual Lock" looks like it might be a better proposition than the traditional velcro ( like I've used.) However , it will probably suffer from the same problem of the adhesive "letting go".

Different adhesive then velcro, much much stronger. It wont loosen in the heat or cold. Theres a reason that Ezpass uses it to attach its toll paying device to the windows of millions of cars.

Has anyone found a North American supplier of this angled adapter? The exchange rate from euros kills me and my ebay searches seem to come up with the wrong size connector.

I am not sure about N.Am, but some cheaper solution you can find from Aliexpress

a3.jpg

a4.jpg

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

Some links:

With the dual lock I would get the 250 (250 mushroomheads per inch I think). I had the 400 and while its great for more permanent attachments (weathertech floor mats etc) and heavier weight its way to strong for the camera mount if you want to be able to take it down often. This depends how much you use of course but I used as much as possible (to the sticky mount & traced that for other mounting areas).

This is what I found locally at my Home Hardware (Canada). I added a few drops of super glue for good measure.

image.jpg

And here is my setup. Tight space between mirror and glass so it's dropped just slightly below the mirror. This is in a new VW golf.

I chopped up a cheap Gps mount, glued on one half of a cell phone charger, 3m tape, and sprayed it all with bumper spray paint.

I still needed to be able to adjust the mirror so I stuck it on the right side of the stem. If I put it on the left, it would bind when you pulled the mirror for a shorter driver.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

And here is my setup. Tight space between mirror and glass so it's dropped just slightly below the mirror. This is in a new VW golf.

I chopped up a cheap Gps mount, glued on one half of a cell phone charger, 3m tape, and sprayed it all with bumper spray paint.

I still needed to be able to adjust the mirror so I stuck it on the right side of the stem. If I put it on the left, it would bind when you pulled the mirror for a shorter driver.

View attachment 4184 View attachment 4185 View attachment 4186

Hi, why didn't you go for a windscreen mount instead?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321172609741

Well, I was just working with what I had on hand. And actually I think even with the mount you posted, with the cable inserted, it would still be too snug of fit. I may try it if I grow tired do this set up.

Last edited:
Fair enough just wondered, the 3M tape cost more then the mount I suggested :)

Anyone tried one of these before?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330941398431
Thinking of using it where it goes into cig lighter so it doesn't hook up as shown below

D596DC88-777B-45C8-B927-D3ED1F020DDB.jpg

Back