Mobius mounting solutions

Hello good people of Dashcamtalk,

after much heartache, swearing and replacement of accidental damage, I present to you my "Mobius" mounting solution....
IMG_6876.PNG

After many alternatives, including hiding mobius body in headlining with lens on an 8-inch extension peering our from the top of the windscreen (failed due to accidentally tearing camera connecting ribbon), I decided to take out all of the innards (including "heatsink") and stick it in a plastic enclosure. "Why?" you may ask, well I wanted a discrete solution which would look like a windscreen wiper sensor, but would have the camera angled such (coupled with with rake of the windscreen) that it films appropriate footage.

I've yet to put it in the car as the wife has it, but this evening, the deed shall be done, hopefully.

Here we go. Outside photos had too much reflection :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 303
Without heat sinks could this not overheat?

Hope not! I kept the heat sink that comes with the cam to dissipate heat away from the chips (as originally intended). The case has a hole on the underside about 7mm diameter for ventilation directly next to the heat sinks, as well as a supercap. It's difficult to see the vent hole in the photo.

After about 45mins driving this evening the unit was cool to the touch. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Why isn't there a 90 degree straight up adapter, or a 3 meter long USB to mini cable with a straight 90 degree?

yeah i've seen that, but thats not a 3 meter cable, or a solid little 90 degree adapter (not a cable, just adapter)

I have 2 Mobius cameras. Where can I buy extra mount "sleeve" that the Mobius camera slips into? I would like to have more so I can mount them permanently and just slip the cameras in and out as needed. I have found accessories for handlebar, window suction cup and other mounts but not just the "sleeves" themselves. Please help. Thanks.

Hello

some exoxy glue and matt black paint :)
power from interrior light, video output to 2-DIN DVD player.

this installation can't be seen from outside car, from front and from sides, so i can leave it for all the time, and do not worry about thieves.

easily removing and installing without readjusting position by one hand, and TF-card can be removed quickly too.

almost not seen from driver's place.
tint on windshield not disturbing - all interesting events occurs lower, traffic lights and signs can be seen through, and it helps when sun is low (mornings and evenings).

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 479
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 504
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 484
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 510
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 496
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 478
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 483
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 455
Last edited by a moderator:
yes, it will be better. how can i move this post to this thread?

Very cushdy installation :)

Very impressive.

I think it would be better if you posted it at http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-mounting-solutions.2654/

I say this because your post here will get buried sooner or later. People looking for Mobius installation tips will find the other thread, but possibly not this one.

Good point, but I think it's Ok, because @Obormot is new here and we need to help him. It is nice to see that more international users joining forum bringing fresh ideas and great DIY.

yes, it will be better. how can i move this post to this thread?

No need to move, just go to "mobius-mounting-solutions" and "post replay" by adding a link there to this thread along with 1 picture, let's say pics 2.jpeg.

P.S. - "Obormot" sounds interesting if translated from Russian to English ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back