Mobius mounting solutions

May invest in a new mobius soon as I’ve posted on here in the past that the mini usb connection is slightly loose when putting the lead in, Ive taken the mobius apart & have pushed down slightly on the connector prong seems to work for a While... also the cycle helmet mount isn’t 100% secure in terms of stability as it slightly moves about not sure what others have done about this that’s why I opted to go with the magnet mount as it was much more secure but due to vision on the road ahead I reverted back

I believe it would not be too hard to fabricate an angled piece of metal that you could attach to your existing magnet mount that will allow to achieve a better angle for your camera. It would be similar to the DIY magnetic Mobius mount in the photo I posted above.

I work in a trade that I work with flat metal etc so when I got some time I will have a dabble

Quick note: 60/40 isn't overall frame, it's the horizontal line of the edge of your hood/bonnet. Your second pic looked correct to me, as a reference point.

I'm thinking the same thing @Lola mentioned. That's a pretty steep looking downward angle for good coverage. There are a few very similar magnetic Mobius mounts posted here in this thread and in the DIY forum where the members added a piece of angled metal which can be bent and adjusted for the best FOV, yet still magnetic, secure and easy to install and remove.

Just a thought that would help me and others @Dashmellow on the angled piece of metal mount. What gauge metal would you think be sufficient for making a secure mount, I know very little about metal vs gauge?

Just a thought that would help me and others @Dashmellow on the angled piece of metal mount. What gauge metal would you think be sufficient for making a secure mount, I know very little about metal vs gauge?

Gee, I dunno exactly since I've never tried to build a DIY mount like this. If I had to make a guess, I might suggest 10 gauge cold rolled steel so that it will be strong and won't flex on bumpy roads. Steel like that would be fairly easy to bend in a bench vice, especially if you heat it up a bit with a torch. Thinner 12 or 14 gauge steel might work too and be easier to work with but would need some testing to see how flexible the mount would be.

Edit: Where I live there is a local metal fabrication shop where people go with all kinds of interesting projects. The place is a local institution that looks like a museum of well maintained 19th century industrial equipment inside an old red brick building to match and the friendly old guy that runs the place is as much of an institution as the business itself. If I went there with a photo of the above mount and showed him a Mobius for the dimensions he could make a steel mount like this for you in a couple of minutes and it would only cost a few bucks. Many cities have a metal working shop or two around that might fabricate one of these for anyone who can't or doesn't want to do it themselves.

Last edited:
Don't know if this helps you guys any, but did some searching and found these:
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-mounting-solutions.2654/post-281834
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-mounting-solutions.2654/post-224746
https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/mobius-mounting-solutions.2654/post-215438

Also a thread on the angled metal:
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...mount-bracket-with-quick-mount-dismount.4138/

But not a THING on what I was actually searching for! Someone had a mount that was just a suction cup onto a hinge onto a black plastic platform. Not a clue who or where or what. Those are the only possibly relevant results from this thread on "angled" (though some guys were literally using wood cut into an angle also -- BTW if you 3D print it, do NOT use PLA, stick with PETG or better. PLA will melt in a hurry!). Niko's thread write-up I linked to last might be most useful on the angled metal route.

Thanks! Still not the one I was after, I swear it was intended to be for suction cups or smartphones or some jazz and people were repurposing them. Some eBay find. :unsure:

Someone had a mount that was just a suction cup onto a hinge onto a black plastic platform.
That sounds familiar. Was it a mount for toll tags?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

There's this thing too. (which might actually be a better mount for a Mobius in terms of platform size)

suctionmount_flat.jpg

ARKON BT010 Windshield Suction Mount for EZ Pass Toll Transponders Bluetooth GPS Receivers and Radar Detectors

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B000FGI9R0
That is IT!!! Thank you!!!

Though -- as you and jokiin both pointed out, that's not as helpful as I had thought for this use case. I was thinking it folded way flatter and thus the mobius would mount directly on the flat side, allowing for slight angle adjustments, but... yeah that's not exactly built for this... If you want slim, a suction cup isn't the way to go.

Thought that counts, right? :p

Last edited:
That is IT!!! Thank you!!!

Though -- as you and jokiin both pointed out, that's not as helpful as I had thought for this use case. I was thinking it folded way flatter and thus the mobius would mount directly on the flat side, allowing for slight angle adjustments, but... yeah that's not exactly built for this... If you want slim, a suction cup isn't the way to go.

Thought that counts, right? :p

yeah in the case of the Mobius the suction cups are always bigger than the camera

Back