Mobius Super Capacitor.

Discussion in 'Mobius' started by fatpanda, Nov 15, 2013.

1. SawMaster

SawMaster Well-Known Member

United States
    Dash Cam:
    Mobius, G1W-S, G1W-HC, WR-1, G1W clone, and more to come!
    Hoo boy can I ever identify with that :p Of my 4 cams Mobius keeps time best; my G1W-HC side cams do have time drift. If time were an issue post-event, the videos could be compared to show concurrency and the time taken from the most accurate cam ;) That's not a fix for those having only one cam though. If something is of importance to you, then you must keep an eye on it and maintain it. Like checking your tire pressure and engine oil level, checking your cams should be done on a regular schedule. My cams get that every 2 weeks if I have time and remember, but never go more than a month between bench-checks here on my desk where time gets reset as needed :cool:

Phil

2. TonyM

TonyM Well-Known Member

United Kingdom
    Dash Cam:
    SG9665GC, Mobius1 x2, Mobius2, NX01
    I'm not really worried about the M1 time & date being wrong - I might even turn off the time stamp on the video. I have a front-facing GC to compare against which gets its time from GPS.

3. Gabacho

Gabacho Well-Known Member

United States
    Dash Cam:
    SG9665GC
    I have had the same issues on several occasions. Then after resetting the parameters like you told me to do so long ago; they get back to normal.

Bungus likes this.
  4. russ331

russ331 Well-Known Member

United Kingdom
    Dash Cam:
    SGZC12RC, Mobius B(x2), Mini 0805
    Update. I installed capacitors in my two Mobius cams 3 years 8 months & 3 years 5 month ago, respectively. Both cams start recording when the engine is started. Both hold date & time correctly, & save the last file after the engine is switched off.

estore009, Bungus, Isoprop and 2 others like this.