Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Can I have a little help please ?

I've had my mobius working, using the battery, I've just changed it for the super capacitor and now it won't record.

Red LED at the rear is on and steady, main LED is solid yellow.

Power on - auto record is set to "External"
Power off disconnect is set to "Immediate"

If I press the shutter button nothing changes and it records nothing.

Card is the same one, 64gb transcend, formatted as fat32 by the camera itself.

If I remove the card and plug back in the yellow LED flashes (as expected) and using a webcam program I can get a picture, so everything appears to be powered up and working.

Have I missed a setting ?

Thanks

Edit: nevermind, I was using a laptop as the usb power source, although that works with a battery ok it seems not to with the super cap. Just tested from a different power source and its fine.

Last edited:
Can I have a little help please ?

I've had my mobius working, using the battery, I've just changed it for the super capacitor and now it won't record.

Red LED at the rear is on and steady, main LED is solid yellow.

Power on - auto record is set to "External"
Power off disconnect is set to "Immediate"

If I press the shutter button nothing changes and it records nothing.

Card is the same one, 64gb transcend, formatted as fat32 by the camera itself.

If I remove the card and plug back in the yellow LED flashes (as expected) and using a webcam program I can get a picture, so everything appears to be powered up and working.

Have I missed a setting ?

Thanks

Edit: nevermind, I was using a laptop as the usb power source, although that works with a battery ok it seems not to with the super cap. Just tested from a different power source and its fine.

It helps to read the Manual and to refer to it if you encounter a problem. For some reason quite a few people don't bother to do that.

In the case of this particular issue, the manual says: ► "You cannot record video or photos if the camera is connected to the PC as an external drive."

It helps to read the Manual and to refer to it if you encounter a problem. For some reason quite a few people don't bother to do that.

In the case of this particular issue, the manual says: ► "You cannot record video or photos if the camera is connected to the PC as an external drive."

Thanks for the 'help' but thats not the case, because as I said, I had it recording whilst equipped with the battery and connected to the PC.

Also, that piee of text does not appear in this document: http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/MobiusManual.pdf

works with a battery ok it seems not to with the super cap.
The capacitor can't supply enough power to allow the camera to record, it's only for maintaining the time/date while the camera is unpowered. Mobius draws around 400mA which is way more than the cap can provide. I noticed the same thing when I switched out the battery for a cap.

Thanks for the 'help' but thats not the case, because as I said, I had it recording whilst equipped with the battery and connected to the PC.

Also, that piee of text does not appear in this document: http://www.mytempfiles.info/mobius/MobiusManual.pdf

Well, you said, "nevermind" after you realized that the camera will mount as an external volume when you plug it into a PC. It will do that with a battery or a supercap. To record on the camera with a super-capacitor, instead of the battery, you need to connect it to a USB power adapter which will not have a data connection like your PC so the camera won't go into standby.

Or perhaps I'm not sure I understand, you want to plug the camera into your PC and record? If so, why?

Anyway, the piece of text I quoted does indeed appear in the Manual PDF you linked to.

mobiustext.jpg

Hello guys, I configured my new Mobius as a dashcam that would record in 3-minute files. This morning I tried to record my short journey and when I checked the generated files, I found that a most of the files were cut short.

As you can see on the screen shot below, some are just 1-minute files and some are a bit longer. Only the 4th file started recording in 3-minute settings.

BpHXuvO.png

Thus when I review them in RegistratorViewer, there a some skipped moments. Any ideas?

Motion detection on or off?
Motion detection off. It was actually an accumulation of a short drive from house to the train station.

Also, I found that aside from the files to be cut short, there was almost an 8-second and 15-second gaps between the 1st, 2nd and 3rd files.

Shown below are the gaps when viewed in RegistratorViewer

dIF98P7.png

My apologies for the questions as I can't find any answer on most posts and on the Mobius FAQs. Thanks for the understanding :)

what sort of memory card are you using (make, model and size) and have you checked the card is healthy?
Kingston 16GB SDHC Class 10 UHS-I formatted through mSetup and verified by h2testw. Bought from a reputable brick and mortar store with national warranty so good chance it's legit.
images

Last edited:
I'm on the second to the latest version. The latest I think had some issues with the file locking feature thus I hesitated upgrading.

I know the scenario is a bit unsual. I might test a bit more and hopefully I can figure what happened and report it back. Thanks Jokiin!

Also, I forgot to mention that in the second file, there is a part that it showed some frames that are 5-seconds away and then came back to the correct frame but the audio stream is correct. Feels like I saw the future and went back into the present :p

Last edited:
I'm on the second to the latest version. The latest I think had some issues with the file locking feature thus I hesitated upgrading.

I know the scenario is a bit unsual. I might test a bit more and hopefully I can figure what happened and report it back. Thanks Jokiin!

Also, I forgot to mention that in the second file, there is a part that it showed some frames that are 5-seconds away and then came back to the correct frame but the audio stream is correct. Feels like I saw the future and went back into the present :p
Wish I could do that :cool:

Hi all.
I have Mobius version 6.3 (without over-voltage protection) and today I have caught a problem. When I attach camera to any external source it turns on, lights the yellow led and does not reacts on any button. At all.
If to disconnect it and in several seconds press ON/OFF button for several seconds and then release the button it turns off.
If not connected to external source it works as usually and reacts all buttons without problems.
If to connect it to PC - nothing. No disc appears in the system and MobiusSetup does not see it too.
Is it possible to cure it? :(

Just an update on the file locking issue: It works on v2.37, but is broken on v2.41. I highly suspect it's related to the new feature that lets you choose the filename prefix.

Hi all.
I have Mobius version 6.3 (without over-voltage protection) and today I have caught a problem. When I attach camera to any external source it turns on, lights the yellow led and does not reacts on any button. At all.
If to disconnect it and in several seconds press ON/OFF button for several seconds and then release the button it turns off.
If not connected to external source it works as usually and reacts all buttons without problems.
If to connect it to PC - nothing. No disc appears in the system and MobiusSetup does not see it too.
Is it possible to cure it? :(
Have you tried another cable and/or another PC?

Hi everyone! New to the site and unfortunately have had nothing but problems with my new mobius.

I purchased this set https://www.amazon.com/gp/B00GPXYVQU
I'm in a fiat and have the dash cam on my windshield and the long usb charging cable running into my glove compartment. I have formatted using the windows software and updated the firmware using the official software as well. I have also tested the memory card using h2wtest.

The problem I am having is that when I start the car it turns on and records normally for a random period of time until it will either A. Turn off completely, or B. The blinking yellow light goes solid and doesnt react to button presses until I hold the power button to shut it off. It does some funky stuff after I shut it down where occasionally after doing that the only light that comes on is a solid blue light.

Any idea what is causing this? The section of video it records when it randomly shuts off is corrupted as well and cannot be opened.

Thanks!

I'm in a fiat and have the dash cam on my windshield and the long usb charging cable running into my glove compartment.
Welcome to DCT. Is your Mobius plugged into the 12v accessory socket (via 12v to 5v adapter) or into a USB socket in the glovebox? If the latter, then insufficient power to the Mobius may be the problem. Mobius requires 5v 1A & is intolerent of inadequate supply.

I suggest that you disconnect Mobius from external power, & record some video using it's internal battery. If it successfully records clips, then suspect the external power supply.

Back