Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Hello,
I'm using my Mobius C1 as a car dashcam. Anyone of you were experimenting with the screen settings (contrast, saturation etc.) ? How should I set "Power-Off Disconnect" (I'm using original battery) in order to minimalize data loss? Immediate or 10 secs?

Mine's set to immediate.

Hi all,

I just bought this camera, but I can't get it to work realiably. The camera will blink the leds like if it's working every time, but not record anything. Sometimes a clip will be recorded, but it's once every dozens of power cycles.

- I have the capacitor instead of the battery
- It has a C2 lens
- When I opened it, there wasn't a metallic tape in the sensor assembly or around the heatsink, like in the pictures from the first post.
- There is a heat pad over the main chip, connecting it to the heatsink.
- Firmware is 2.41. Tried downgrading to 2.33, but the same thing happens.
- The whole camera gets hot, and the heatsink gets almost too hot to touch.
- Tested with multiple cables and chargers, that can deliver from 0.8 to 2A, made no difference.

Any ideas?

Hi all,

I just bought this camera, but I can't get it to work realiably. The camera will blink the leds like if it's working every time, but not record anything. Sometimes a clip will be recorded, but it's once every dozens of power cycles.

- I have the capacitor instead of the battery
- It has a C2 lens
- When I opened it, there wasn't a metallic tape in the sensor assembly or around the heatsink, like in the pictures from the first post.
- There is a heat pad over the main chip, connecting it to the heatsink.
- Firmware is 2.41. Tried downgrading to 2.33, but the same thing happens.
- The whole camera gets hot, and the heatsink gets almost too hot to touch.
- Tested with multiple cables and chargers, that can deliver from 0.8 to 2A, made no difference.

Any ideas?

Try a different microSD card. Make certain it is not a fake and be sure to obtain a quality name brand one such as Transcend or Kingston. Avoid SanDisk cards in the Mobius. Amazon has the best prices on authentic SD cards as long as they are fulfilling the sale.

If you haven't read the manual, download a copy and read up on troubleshooting and LED blinking behaviors. Manual in PDF form can be downloaded from THIS link.

Last edited:
Yeah, the only thing I only have 1 of is the micro sd. I'm currently using a 32GB class 10 Kingston, that I bought with the camera. And amazon canada doesn't have that many options for micro sds :(

I had read the manual, and the leds are blinking as if the camera were working. Even if I set it to take time lapse pictures, the led will blink at the exact interval I configured, but nothing is saved in the card.

Yeah, the only thing I only have 1 of is the micro sd. I'm currently using a 32GB class 10 Kingston, that I bought with the camera. And amazon canada doesn't have that many options for micro sds :(

I had read the manual, and the leds are blinking as if the camera were working. Even if I set it to take time lapse pictures, the led will blink at the exact interval I configured, but nothing is saved in the card.

I still say try another card. The best deal on Amazon.ca at the moment seems to be the Samsung EVO 32GB. It's an excellent card for the money. In the US when you buy a card sold and fulfilled by Amazon you know you are getting the real McCoy. Not sure how this works on Amazon Canada but you can probably figure out who is a legitimate, trustworthy seller with a little digging.

I still say try another card. The best deal on Amazon.ca at the moment seems to be the Samsung EVO 32GB. It's an excellent card for the money. In the US when you buy a card sold and fulfilled by Amazon you know you are getting the real McCoy. Not sure how this works on Amazon Canada but you can probably figure out who is a legitimate, trustworthy seller with a little digging.

Amazon Canada works the same, but it's much harder to find stuff that's sold and fulfilled by them and often it's not the best price. I'll buy from bestbuy, not the cheapest but their stuff is also supposed to be legit.

Did you format card in camera? Might help.

In camera, off camera, FAT32 and exFAT, alway the same result.

Tried with a Lexar 300x 16GB, and it works now... It's funny that h2testw and fakeflashtest both completed sucessfully in the bad card.

BTW, bought the Lexar 300x 16GB for $9 cad at a brick and mortar bestbuy. Cheaper than the site.

Tried with a Lexar 300x 16GB, and it works now... It's funny that h2testw and fakeflashtest both completed sucessfully in the bad card.

BTW, bought the Lexar 300x 16GB for $9 cad at a brick and mortar bestbuy. Cheaper than the site.

That's odd if hstestw tested them OK. Just maybe Mobius don't like them. :D:D
I got fakes from ebay when I first got my Mobius and had to buy retail at "Staples" 32 GB Kingston cl 10.

Some individual cams just don't 'like' certain cards and there's no rhyme or reason behind it. It doesn't happen often but it's often enough to mention. One long-time member here uses SanDisk cards with no problems in cams that almost nobody else can get them to work in. Just the way it is sometimes which is why we always say to try a different card.

Phil

I have a genuine CL10 Kingston and a genuine CL6 (I think) Sandisk. So far, both of them have been working flawlessly in every camera I used them in. After reading these last posts I see that I'll have to keep my fingers crossed when I receive my Mobius and put the Kingston or the Sandisk in it.

Kingston should be fine, keep in mind memory cards don't last forever so however much you've already used them needs to be taken into consideration

The Kingston has been working since February in all three cameras, except for a couple of occasions, in both the G1W and the G1W-H, when I used the Sandisk. I don't divide the working load by the two cards because of the Sandisk's slower transfer rate.

Kingston should be fine, keep in mind memory cards don't last forever so however much you've already used them needs to be taken into consideration

Is there a guesstimate life of micro sd cards in a dashcam? Is there a another way of making sure it's recording? Guess the surest way is to view card in a computer every couple of weeks. So there's no such thing as set and forget eh?

Is there a guesstimate life of micro sd cards in a dashcam? Is there a another way of making sure it's recording? Guess the surest way is to view card in a computer every couple of weeks. So there's no such thing as set and forget eh?

not really, I've had cards that have failed within a few weeks and some that have done a ridiculous amount of hours (400,000km's of driving is our best to date) but regardless checking the card regularly is always a good idea as it's the weak point in any camera

@Module 79L is crazy! :D

I'm with Bungus. For example, on my rear Mobius (which is a bit of a pain to get to in my truck) I check the card about every three or four weeks unless something interesting happens in the interim. That particular (super-capacitored) camera has been installed for more than a year and a half and has never had a hiccup. One thing about the Mobius is that the slowly pulsating rear red LED I see in my rear view mirror always reassures me that the camera is functioning properly. If not for that feature, I would likely be checking the cards on my Mobi far more often.

Last edited:
Is there a guesstimate life of micro sd cards in a dashcam? Is there a another way of making sure it's recording?
Before I knew better I bought a couple of Sandisk 32GB cards. For the most part they've performed quite well but one of them suddenly died, yet I knew right away because the rear red LED pilot light on the Mobius it was in alerted me to the problem.

I no longer use Sandisk cards for any mission critical dash cam purposes.

Last edited:
Back