Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

In addition to my camera not auto recording today, I tried again. One memory card flashed yellow many times then flashed faster and shut down. The second card did the same thing as before...just solid yellow but I could manually set it to record. After awhile it stopped and shut down.

Is my mobius died?

In my particular case it very rarely drops below 5ºC (41ºF) where I live and it's usually only overnight. By the time the camera starts working the temperature inside the car is always a lot warmer. But it's good to know these things. :)

I know you live in Portugal so I was wondering why you were ever asking this question. :)

In addition to my camera not auto recording today, I tried again. One memory card flashed yellow many times then flashed faster and shut down. The second card did the same thing as before...just solid yellow but I could manually set it to record. After awhile it stopped and shut down.

Is my mobius died?

From the Mobius Manual:

Q. The yellow LED flashes once per second 4 times and then flashes very quickly before turning off.

A. There is no micro SD card inserted, the card is not properly inserted, the card is full or the card is defective. The card must be inserted with the gold contacts facing upwards, towards the buttons. There should be a distinct spring action when inserting the last 5 mm and there should be no friction whatsoever.

When the card is pushed 1 mm inside the body the card should latch with a distinctive click. Never force the card, and never push the card more than max. 1 mm into the camera body.

From the Mobius Manual:

Q. The yellow LED flashes once per second 4 times and then flashes very quickly before turning off.

A. There is no micro SD card inserted, the card is not properly inserted, the card is full or the card is defective. The card must be inserted with the gold contacts facing upwards, towards the buttons. There should be a distinct spring action when inserting the last 5 mm and there should be no friction whatsoever.

When the card is pushed 1 mm inside the body the card should latch with a distinctive click. Never force the card, and never push the card more than max. 1 mm into the camera body.
Thanks for this, but It is in. It clicked. It also clicked when ejecting it (it sprang like normal)

I know you live in Portugal so I was wondering why you were ever asking this question. :)
Well, it would've made perfect sense if I lived in the 1/3 of the country where it's normal to have negative temperatures during the day in Winter. That's why I said "where I live". ;)
However, the way the weather has been behaving these last years I wouldn't take for granted that it won't ever happen here too, so I might as well be prepared. Glad I also bought the capacitor pack.

Well, it would've made perfect sense if I lived in the 1/3 of the country where it's normal to have negative temperatures during the day in Winter. That's why I said "where I live". ;)
However, the way the weather has been behaving these last years I wouldn't take for granted that it won't ever happen here too, so I might as well be prepared. Glad I also bought the capacitor pack.

Yeah, the weather is getting pretty strange. On Christmas day it was nearly 70° F and sunny. People were running around in short sleeves and shorts pants. A few days later it was snow and ice and temperatures below 20°F.

Update on my issue:

I plugged my mobius into the computer and read the settings. My Auto Record is set to off. How is this possible? My Mobius sits in my vehicle and turns on and off with a power pack. I dont ever hit the buttons, nor do I remove it. How is it possible my mobius settings have changed?

Update on my issue:

I plugged my mobius into the computer and read the settings. My Auto Record is set to off. How is this possible? My Mobius sits in my vehicle and turns on and off with a power pack. I dont ever hit the buttons, nor do I remove it. How is it possible my mobius settings have changed?

I was actually considering asking about that when you said it just went into standby but the repeatedly flashing yellow LED suggested a card problem. Never heard of a Mobius spontaneously changing its settings. Maybe you just forgot to hit "Set Parameters" after selecting the options in mSetup? It could be that you have a bad card AND the wrong settings.

I was actually considering asking about that when you said it just went into standby but the repeatedly flashing yellow LED suggested a card problem. Never heard of a Mobius spontaneously changing its settings. Maybe you just forgot to hit "Set Parameters" after selecting the options in mSetup? It could be that you have a bad card AND the wrong settings.

I would fully support that possibility, however, the settings changed while sitting in my car. I have been using the mobius for several months without issue (until this small hiccup). I have not even had to remove it from my car in months until now, to check the settings.

Both cards work perfect now. The reason my second card did not work properly is because all my mobius settings seemed to have changed to default...as a result the setting for >32gb cards was set to be NOT exFAT (my card is exFAT).

After changing all my settings back to what they should be, both cards are working perfect again.

Strange, very streange.

Never heard of anything like this before. A lot of Mobius owners read this forum, so it would be interesting to hear if anyone else can report the same experience.

Possible at some stage the battery has been completely dead and it has reverted to default settings?

hmm, possibly, but I thought only the clock resets...not your settings. I am using a capacitor. I have gone weeks before without using it. I never had this issue with the settings previously. The clock, yes that will reset which I don't mind. But never the settings. This also happened over night. I don't see how I could go weeks without using it and it is fine, then over night the battery (capacitor) depletes clearing my settings.

How is it even possible the settings go to default when the battery is dead? My understanding is only the clock can reset and the settings persist.

defaults could reset, depends how they have configured that in firmware
It happened again, this time while connected to an external battery power.

I got in my car, the light was solid yellow. It would not record. I plugged it into my computer and the settings were reset to default again. I am starting to think my dashcam is toast

if you're sure that you have applied the settings correctly before disconnecting from the PC then it may just be a hardware fault

Hey Members

I am a user of Mobius over a year. Everything was ok to time.
Mobius does not respond to the same battery.
After connecting the USB (PC or jack) I have:
-One blue flash,
-red 3 flashes at the back and then
-A constant stock glowing orange LED (without card flashes) and at the rear LED lights
on red
Mobius on compiling is normally detected.

My actions:
-reset needle did not help
-detaching battery
-format the card using the (msetup) or not
-im test 2 cables and still does not load.
The battery rather not fallen, but I ordered a new one. He had one such case?
I'll be grateful for your help.

Last edited:
Back