Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

I have no problem, just a request.
When my mobius is recording there is the orange LED blinking and the red one as well. In the Mobius configuration I know that it's possible to deactivate the indicator but then both are off. Is it somehow possible to deactivate only the red one?

Why are they both blinking? When mine is recording only the red light blinks?

I
I have no problem, just a request.
When my mobius is recording there is the orange LED blinking and the red one as well. In the Mobius configuration I know that it's possible to deactivate the indicator but then both are off. Is it somehow possible to deactivate only the red one?

Just take electric tape and cover the LED you want to be OFF. Problem solved.

I have an issue with saving a clip by pressing the mode button, it doesn't save/protect/tag the clip :(, what can I do about that?

I did change the first 4 characters for the file name into DIRK :D

Could that be a problem?

--[edit/"solved"]---

Changed back the name to " REC_ " and now it does work. Bit strange though, I expected it to work with ANY filename???

Last edited:
Hi folks,

im seriously looking for help, using the mobius cam as a dashcam.
i can't get the cam to work properly and I've run out of ideas.

I have a power supply hard wired to the car. When the cam is connected, it won't start on it's own, like a dashcam supposed to do. But, when i manually switch it on, it starts and records, but i also have to manually switch it off. And there are the videos on my SDcard, like it should be, except for the On/Off condition.

Now, to exclude the power supply as the problem, i used a ordinary USB-cable (included on Sony hardware), and connected the cam to a USB-port a preowner of my car hard wired to the ashtray.
The Cam started to work, both LEDs blink when ignition is turned on, and shut off when leaving the car.
BUT the sd-card is empty. The bottom LED blinks yellow, but both video modes are configured the same nonetheless.

one more thing: when connecting the cam to a power supply at home (of a smartphone or similar) the cam works, too. LEDs blinking, and saving videos to the card.

regards

tried a new card?
I've got 4 cards of the same type, ordered at different times. All of them seem to be having issues. I'll give a Sandisk card that I have a try, though I can't really find a way to provoke it, so it might be days before I know.

how old are the cards?
A couple of months at most.

Edit: They'll record just fine the next time the cam starts. Some time it happens after the first clip, other times after a couple of hours, so it doesn't seem to be something like overheating.

Why are they both blinking? When mine is recording only the red light blinks?

I use the capacitor instead of the battery maybe that's why both blinking?

I
Just take electric tape and cover the LED you want to be OFF. Problem solved.

It's built in and not possible to use electric tape.

I use the capacitor instead of the battery maybe that's why both blinking?

It's built in and not possible to use electric tape.

It is possible from the outside

4d6ba2c5549d076c06121c8c279fbaa8.jpg
6abcaafa63757fb2c36c1a9e4d40907d.jpg

Hi folks, not too long ago I posted about an issue around recording.

Today I had issues again. I pulled out the camera and reconnected my lens (I am using a lens extension) and my camera worked again no problem. Before trying to reconnect the lens, the camera would not even load on the computer.

Any idea what is going on? Is the lens extension loosening while driving? I am pretty sure I am inserting it all the way. I cannot push the cables together in the adapter any further without much force. I have broken a lens cable before...so I don't want to push too much lol The cable goes in snugly, and when I flip the adapter securely (the little switch/lever) the cable is in there strongly.

Ideas, suggestions?

Hi guys, this is probably a long shot but I figured I'd ask :)

Is it possible to have the mobius boot to "video mode 1"/"video mode 2" based on the current time of day? For example, I'd like to configure video mode 1 to be optimized for daytime driving and video mode 2 optimized for nighttime driving. I'd like it to automatically boot/switch over to the appropriate mode based on the current time. Is this possible?

Update on my issue:

It appears the sun degraded my cable connection. It fell apart today when re-placing my cables (making sure they were properly seated). When comparing it to a new connector, the old was very soft and brittle.

BWMMnyx.jpg

We shall see if my problem is solved. Will check back in a few days.

What better to use for 128GB cards, Kingston or Samsung?

You know what they say, "laziness is the mother of invention"

... or something like that
JooVuu X has this exact feature... so the invention bit has already happened... But different camera at different price point...

Back