Mobius support thread and Tech Guide (post all problems/help requests here) Read posts #1-8 first

Quick question, when watching footage back, I sometimes get errors on both my mobious cams, when its been plugged in for a little while

when I first plug it in I can watch footage, after a while it doesn't seem to play and when I copy and paste it does the same, sometimes showing and error as if the camera is unplugged

is it likely a good idea to buy an SD mini card reader? and simply take the card out instead of plugging in the camera, is that likely to solve my issues?

Cheers

Quick question, when watching footage back, I sometimes get errors on both my mobious cams, when its been plugged in for a little while

when I first plug it in I can watch footage, after a while it doesn't seem to play and when I copy and paste it does the same, sometimes showing and error as if the camera is unplugged

is it likely a good idea to buy an SD mini card reader? and simply take the card out instead of plugging in the camera, is that likely to solve my issues?

Cheers
Yes. It's never a good idea to read the files from the card with it in the camera.

No, I gave up on the Mobius, at least until I'm sure this issue no longer exists. I'm getting something else.

Hi Im Newton,

Somehow ive only just found this site even though ive had a mobius since they came out and upgraded my A to a B lens swap. Loads of great info that ive read.

I was ready to buy a C2 lens but am quite worried about the problems ive read with this lens.

I wanted to buy the another B lens as I have one thats worked with a super cap flawlessly since it first came out, but there arent any sellers with that older model that I can find.

So can I ask please does the A lens V3 have the same problems as the C2 lens V3?

Thanks

Newton

Hi Im Newton,

Somehow ive only just found this site even though ive had a mobius since they came out and upgraded my A to a B lens swap. Loads of great info that ive read.

I was ready to buy a C2 lens but am quite worried about the problems ive read with this lens.

I wanted to buy the another B lens as I have one thats worked with a super cap flawlessly since it first came out, but there arent any sellers with that older model that I can find.

So can I ask please does the A lens V3 have the same problems as the C2 lens V3?

Thanks

Newton

There were some major issues with the original Mobius "C" lens module which was replaced by the much improved "C2" lens module. You can purchase a "C2" or "A" module with confidence.

Last edited:
There were some major issues with the original Mobius "C" lens module which was replaced by the much improved "C2" lens module. You can purchase a "C2" or "A" module with confidence.

Hi @Dashmellow

Thanks for your reply.

I was under the impression it was the C2 that has the focus issue with the plastic grub screw under heat and most recently @dirkzelf mentions some strange focus issues on the tarmac on page 115.

Thats what was making me apprehensive and hesitant on getting the C2 over my trusty B lens. So if in fact the C2 is pretty much sorted, them Im relieved to hear it.I think reading two users reported issues made me worry, but as @jokiin mentions it looks like its the 1% you hear from rather than the 99% you dont as everything's fine. So thats good. I feel much happier now.

Im looking for a rear camera companion to my original mobius, which has been stripped and tinkered with so much its amazing its stood up so well. Ive literally re-built it at least twice, modded the case, still going. Ive left it in the car for winters and summers of direct heat and cold and still it keeps going.

I actually reverted back to FW 0.59 after lots of trial and error because I think it simply has the best night time performance and can put up with the orange hue during daytime. Im guessing the C2 wont go back that far on the firmware.

Last edited:
Hi @Dashmellow

Thanks for your reply.

I was under the impression it was the C2 that has the focus issue with the plastic grub screw under heat and most recently @dirkzelf mentions some strange focus issues on the tarmac on page 115.

Thats what was making me apprehensive and hesitant on getting the C2 over my trusty B lens. So if in fact the C2 is pretty much sorted, them Im relieved to hear it.I think reading two users reported issues made me worry, but as @jokiin mentions it looks like its the 1% you hear from rather than the 99% you dont as everything's fine. So thats good. I feel much happier now.

Im looking for a rear camera companion to my original mobius, which has been stripped and tinkered with so much its amazing its stood up so well. Ive literally re-built it at least twice, modded the case, still going. Ive left it in the car for winters and summers of direct heat and cold and still it keeps going.

I actually reverted back to FW 0.59 after lots of trial and error because I think it simply has the best night time performance and can put up with the orange hue during daytime. Im guessing the C2 wont go back that far on the firmware.

The focus issue revolved around the "C" module not the "C2" module. There is a lengthy thread on the topic that you can read about here......"C lens going out of Focus?"

The "swimming graininess" issue that @Module 79L and @dirkzelf are complaining about has nothing whatsoever to do with the "C2" lens module as compared to the other modules.

The focus issue revolved around the "C" module not the "C2" module. There is a lengthy thread on the topic that you can read about here......"C lens going out of Focus?"

The "swimming graininess" issue that @Module 79L and @dirkzelf are complaining about has nothing whatsoever to do with the "C2" lens module as compared to the other modules.
Thank you @Dashmellow

I very much appreciate the clarification.

I can go shop for one now.

Thanks again :D

Thank you @Dashmellow

When you get it let us know how it performs at night. There are at least 3 members complaining about the same issue, and altough I returned the two units I received and I'm no longer interested in the Mobius, I'm still interested in getting to the bottom of this, as I'm sure everyone else is.

Hi there , I have a Möbius that I have had for a couple of years with no issues. I am now looking to buy one for my dad.
Can anyone recommend a UK seller who is selling the genuine camera with wide angle lens?

I bought my first Mobius from JooVuu, & the second from Webbex. Both are Mobius-approved sellers. A few Mobius' recently sold by JooVuu appear to be defective, so perhaps they were sent a faulty batch? In the hope of avoiding one, I'd be inclined to buy from Webbex ...

http://www.minidvcameras.co.uk/product/mobius-action-camera-v3-c2-wide-angled-1080p/

I bought my latest C2 V3 Mobius from Webbex, and although everything went fine, it arrived OK in very reasonable time, the guy is very friendly, but I don't believe they know a lot about it... The guy I emailed with didn't even know that the mode button saves/protects the current recording..... I mean, come on.....

Thank you @Dashmellow

Yeah, and please let us know if it works with V0.59...... I'd be very interested....

Do we actually know for sure what is causing this issue anyway? Or how to solve it? Should I really complain? It's just that the little swimmers that appear sometimes when you are not moving may be annoying and I don't believe it should be there, but the overall night recording is great with the C2 lens, I think we all agree. Even on unlit highway I get great video i.m.h.o.....

A few Mobius' recently sold by JooVuu appear to be defective, so perhaps they were sent a faulty batch?
I don't think so. @dirkzelf's, @Praetorian's and Stephanie H.'s (a dashcammer with a YT channel called Northern California Drivers, who bought the Mobius back in September 2015) weren't sold by JooVuu and they all have the same problem.
Moreover, this is how an "old" 'A' lens performs at night:
Mobius A night lab test.jpg
Notice anything familiar?

Do we actually know for sure what is causing this issue anyway? Or how to solve it? Should I really complain? It's just that the little swimmers that appear sometimes when you are not moving may be annoying and I don't believe it should be there, but the overall night recording is great with the C2 lens, I think we all agree. Even on unlit highway I get great video i.m.h.o...
That's precisely where the issue is less visible. It's in the well lit places that the thing "rears its ugly head", so to speak.
Don't let what YT does to the video quality fool you because its processing surprisingly makes the video look better than it really is.

I don't think so. @dirkzelf's, @Praetorian's and Stephanie H.'s (a dashcammer with a YT channel called Northern California Drivers, who bought the Mobius back in September 2015) weren't sold by JooVuu and they all have the same problem. Moreover, this is how an "old" 'A' lens performs at night:
View attachment 21322
Notice anything familiar?

Do you mean to say that JooVuu's Mobius does not have this issue?

Maybe you're right about the A lens, where the swimmers are also there, but less visible.

Don't let what YT does to the video quality fool you because its processing surprisingly makes the video look better than it really is.

I disagree, the video on my PC here locally really looks better than the one processed by YT, but maybe that's just me nit picking.....

Anyway, I was pointing out that the whole concept isn't that bad al things considered, albeit that I dó want better night recordings, but can't spend 3-4 times this price for it.

Do you mean to say that JooVuu's Mobius does not have this issue?
No, @russ331 was referring to the one I bought and to the replacement unit (both came from JooVuu) as apparently being the only defective ones (they weren't) and I mentioned your case and two others that I know of, which came from other sellers and have the same issue.

I disagree, the video on my PC here locally really looks better than the one processed by YT, but maybe that's just me nit picking...
Well, judging by the thumbnail of your first "complaint" video, it doesn't look so great.

Anyway, I was pointing out that the whole concept isn't that bad al things considered, albeit that I do want better night recordings, but can't spend 3-4 times this price for it.
You don't have to. There are a lot of cheaper cameras out there with better night quality.

Well, judging by the thumbnail of your first "complaint" video, it doesn't look so great.

You don't have to. There are a lot of cheaper cameras out there with better night quality.

OK , hit me then! G1W? A40? I can't spend 250 USD and up, but another 50 or 60 should be no problem (don't tell my boss at home .... she can be :mad: sometimes) ;)

My big issue is that I need a SMALL, flat and low-visible camera, that can be placed upright UPON the dashboard of my 50ft worktruck, and really the only ones I have found "form factor approved" are Mobius, Runcam 2 and the Foxeer Legend. So you see my problem, Mobius remains the only one, since Runcam can't be used as a dashcam (heat issues), Foxeer Legend does 60 fps, but seems to do worse night recording than the Mobius.

I might consider Polaroid Cube+ but it's not suitable for dashcam use (no auto start/stop), or Sjcam M10+ or M20, maybe even Git2 or Dazzne. But they are all larger than the Mobius, or t least have a higher outside visible profile.....

Any advice is welcome!

OK , hit me then! G1W? A40? I can't spend 250 USD and up, but another 50 or 60 should be no problem (don't tell my boss at home .... she can be :mad: sometimes) ;)

My big issue is that I need a SMALL, flat and low-visible camera, that can be placed upright UPON the dashboard of my 50ft worktruck, and really the only ones I have found "form factor approved" are Mobius, Runcam 2 and the Foxeer Legend. So you see my problem, Mobius remains the only one, since Runcam can't be used as a dashcam (heat issues), Foxeer Legend does 60 fps, but seems to do worse night recording than the Mobius.

I might consider Polaroid Cube+ but it's not suitable for dashcam use (no auto start/stop), or Sjcam M10+ or M20, maybe even Git2 or Dazzne. But they are all larger than the Mobius, or t least have a higher outside visible profile.....

Any advice is welcome!
I didn't know you needed a dashcam that meets those requirements but hey, if you're ok with the C2's night video quality, I won't try to convince you to buy something else. :)

I didn't know you needed a dashcam that meets those requirements but hey, if you're ok with the C2's night video quality, I won't try to convince you to buy something else. :)

Aaaah, come on, you said A, now say B.....

:D

Maybe the upcoming Mobius 2, or Viofo A119? (A119 would have to be placed upside down....)

JooVuu X maybe?

OK , hit me then! G1W? A40? I can't spend 250 USD and up, but another 50 or 60 should be no problem ...
Stick with your Mobius. The video in Post #2311 above looks fine, & you can trust Mobius to continue recording video to memory card long after other similarly priced DashCams have gone to landfill.

Mobius 2 may appeal to you when launched, & you can be sure it'll be thoroughly developed before it goes on sale to the public.

Last edited:
Back